Observation on geofilter (geo filter)

• Netduma Staff

If you reduce Ping Assist to 0ms, do you still get this server? What is your ping to that server?

Also there's been a cloud fix for DumaOS (for PS4) if you wanted to upgrade to that again. It's still being worked on for Xbox but it should be a lot better than it was :)

Quite possibly. There are lots at the moment. Compare the ping to what you would expect and it will give you a clue to its real location.

We're waiting for a cloud update for the R1 

• Netduma Staff
3 minutes ago, Dan said:

Quite possibly. There are lots at the moment. Compare the ping to what you would expect and it will give you a clue to its real location.

We're waiting for a cloud update for the R1 

The cloud update is out for PS4 - we're still working on it for Xbox.

On 12/7/2018 at 6:17 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

All router platforms. The cloud applies to all of them simultaneously.

ok tah. As of tonight still lots of servers on Blackout showing as P2P. Not sure if they were being picked up in the cloud update

• Netduma Staff
7 hours ago, Dan said:

I'm on the PS4. Only playing Blackout so connections must be servers.

Locations seem to correspond to ping but they show as peers rather than servers. 

The locations should be a lot better now, it sounds promising. Some of the servers might still show as peers but it's an incredibly difficult thing to solve completely - there's billions of IP addresses out there to categorise. Maybe some day :)

1 hour ago, Netduma Jack said:

The locations should be a lot better now, it sounds promising. Some of the servers might still show as peers but it's an incredibly difficult thing to solve completely - there's billions of IP addresses out there to categorise. Maybe some day :)

It's actually a positive. On blackout they are obviously servers so showing as peers (on original firmware) means a permanent ban rather than just 10mins.

• Administrators

Thanks for the feedback guys - the current focus is on location. Once we have that nailed we'll do server vs peer categorisation. Might need a full firmware upgrade to do it optimally, but we'll see what we can do via the Cloud.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I've been noticing misplaced server locations in Australia too. I'm in Australia but there's a 50/50 chance it'll show the Sydney Dedi being in somewhere like Japan or a European country. I know Im still connecting to the Sydney server because the ping is the same all the time, just the wrong location. 

• Netduma Staff
4 hours ago, SwiftCookie said:

Yeah I've been noticing misplaced server locations in Australia too. I'm in Australia but there's a 50/50 chance it'll show the Sydney Dedi being in somewhere like Japan or a European country. I know Im still connecting to the Sydney server because the ping is the same all the time, just the wrong location. 

Ping Assist to the rescue! It won't be long before your Sydney servers are back in the right place :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Netduma Staff
1 hour ago, NoMoreMyFriend-S said:

i switched off every thing and it works so much better. no PA, no geofilter on R1OS

misidentified server?

ID: 69034510a008fc01    Distance: 13950km

My ping is 33 ms, so I presume it is a server in Singapore.

image.png.c6f939ce4397fa0e4c2c6d2c2ab77a2d.png

Nice catch, we'll take a look. :)

On 1/15/2019 at 7:25 PM, Netduma Jack said:

Nice catch, we'll take a look. :)

why is it that when i play on a server in Sinapore to which I have like 33 ms ping I have stutters that screen freezes up, complete inconsistent hit detection ? server software? should that not be the same for all servers?

when I force a server in Europe (does not succeed too often), I have a ping of about 100 and in general it is smooth n(occasional player that has bad detection or sort of is weird.

singapore all kinds of shit going on from stutters to teleporting, etc.

• Administrators

That's really down to the server quality, how under load it is etc. Ping wise the Singapore server should absolutely play better than the one in Europe but if the server isn't up to scratch then even though you've got everything locked down on your side it can still cause you problems

On 1/19/2019 at 8:01 PM, NoMoreMyFriend-S said:

another one, same issue

misidentified server   12039a65a0b1fb00   

My ping is 33 ms, so I presume it is a server in Singapore, while showing in the US.

image.png.ffc0c823481638458dcff993179cbb7e.png

I dont know how long it takes to update the cloud but this server still shows up in the US.

18 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We won't have moved it yet, we're working on lots of things for the cloud to improve it. If you could pop the ID in here as well that'd be helpful: 

Fraser, I already posted the ID of both of these servers. And you acknowledged.

I simply made the observation that the server still shows up in the wrong place.