New R1 Setup Problems

GLD

Hi, I've just received the R1 today and am struggling to set it up, 192.168.88.1 wont open. When it's switched on there is no Wifi available. I'm using Windows. I've tried ipconfig and there is an IP but nothing opens in my browser.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Does your ISP require you to use PPPoE settings? If so, that may be the problem.

When setting my R1 up, I have to connect the router to my laptop with an ethernet cable or I cannot access the Duma's GUI.

Should I be able to connect to the R1 even without the modem connected? If so, I can't.

I have connected the R1 to the laptop via a cable with no response regardless whether the modem is connected.

Thanks,

So the R1 is plugged into the modem, I have a wire connected to the laptop from the R1. I type in 192.168.88.1 and I get the "page can't be reached". The lights show... wifi - on, 1 - on with the occasional flash, 2 on with the occasional flash, all others off.

I don't need any user or password to access the internet. My router works no problem when connected to the modem (isn't plugged in when trying the R1). My ISP in the UK is Virgin Media and has a download speed of 380.

Is the unit at fault?

Thanks

• Administrators

Hi GLD - you shouldn't need to connect your modem just to get to the interface.

Could you connect an Ethernet cable into port 4 on the router and then connect the other end into your PC. Does the port 4 LED light switch on? Does your computer show a LAN cable has been connected?

If you search WiFi, can you see Netduma R1 being broadcasted?

Finally, was this purchased from us or via another channel (e.g. ebay)?

Thanks

(I will move this to support too)

Hi,

I've connected to port 4 and the light is on with occasional flashes.

There is no Netduma R1 wifi being broadcasted.

This was purchased direct from Netduma website.

Thanks

Yes, my laptop shows a LAN connected but with no internet access even when I connected PoE.

• Administrators

Have you tried any other browsers to see if they can connect to the interface? If you can then may need to clear cookies/cache on the browser unable to load it. Weird that you're getting an IP but unable to access. If that still doesn't work can you hold the reset button in the back of the router for 20-30 seconds and then wait for it to boot up, you should hear a beep then wait a minute after that and try to access again please.

Hi,

I've cleared cookies and cache. When I hold the button in, nothing happens. No beep, no flashing lights. There seems to be no reaction to it being pressed. When I unplug it and then turn it on, it beeps.

Did they determine the R1 needs replaced for sure? Seems there’s a few threads with this exact same issue happening. Is it possible something was pushed out that is affecting some R1 users? 

• Netduma Staff
On 12/5/2018 at 10:34 PM, GLD said:

Hi, I’ve now tried this with no joy. I’ve attached pictures.

Hi GLD - just checking to see where you went from here? If you are still waiting please email [email protected] and we'll see what we can do for you.