Lan Not Working On Any Device

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Imperor said:

For some reason, none of my lan connections work. I have restarted the router, reassigned ip addresses, and nothing seems to work. Wifi works fine. 

Was this after anything specifically that has happened or was it just random? A factory reset should get you up and running again. Then turn instant on / energy saving modes off on your consoles so that when shutdown they do so properly and see if that prevents it happening again.

13 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Was this after anything specifically that has happened or was it just random? A factory reset should get you up and running again. Then turn instant on / energy saving modes off on your consoles so that when shutdown they do so properly and see if that prevents it happening again.

Still nothing. Did a factory and everything. This is ridiculous. I did nothing out of the ordinary. This just happened randomly. It doesn't even show up on the network map anymore 

• Netduma Staff
8 hours ago, Imperor said:

It always shows them as offline now. If that helps

This is a really weird one. What happens if you try to delete those devices from the device manager?

I'm thinking this has something to do with your connection type. What kind of modem do you have? Are you on a PPPoE connection? Have you tried replacing your Ethernet cables / switching them around? (I realise it's unlikely that three malfunctioned at once, worth ruling them out though).

• Netduma Staff
33 minutes ago, Imperor said:

I tried deleting the PS4 once and I tried using a static IP to no avail. The modem is a netgear cable modem with phone jack. I don't know how to see what a PPPoE connection is

Do your devices show as offline if you're using DumaOS on different phones / laptops / PC's? What about different browsers?

On the devices showing as offline such as your PS4, what error code are you getting when you run a Network Diagnostics? You say you assigned them IP addresses - was that through DHCP on DumaOS, and have you tried increasing the lease time?

1 hour ago, Netduma Jack said:

Do your devices show as offline if you're using DumaOS on different phones / laptops / PC's? What about different browsers?

On the devices showing as offline such as your PS4, what error code are you getting when you run a Network Diagnostics? You say you assigned them IP addresses - was that through DHCP on DumaOS, and have you tried increasing the lease time?

Everything on wifi works fine. It's my desktop on LAN and just recently my PS4 on LAN that is not working. They connect to Wifi perfectly. The error I get is below and I have no idea how to increase lease time. I only have basic knowledge of this stuff.

15438407412015046961786352964490.jpg

• Administrators

Could you connect to your router wirelessly on your PC. Then do this:

1. Open the Start Menu
  2. Type in cmd
  3. Click on the Command Prompt screen that appears
  4. Type ipconfig into Command Prompt and press enter
  5. Take a screenshot and save it
  6. Then connect your PC via Ethernet (wired) into your XR500 and disable your Wireless
  7. Type ipconfig and enter again and take a screenshot again
  8. Post both screenshots on here

It's possible you have static IPs assigned. You may also have dodgy cables or ports, so let's see what you find by running that test (hopefully not though!)

1 hour ago, Netduma Admin said:

Could you connect to your router wirelessly on your PC. Then do this:

1. Open the Start Menu
  2. Type in cmd
  3. Click on the Command Prompt screen that appears
  4. Type ipconfig into Command Prompt and press enter
  5. Take a screenshot and save it
  6. Then connect your PC via Ethernet (wired) into your XR500 and disable your Wireless
  7. Type ipconfig and enter again and take a screenshot again
  8. Post both screenshots on here

It's possible you have static IPs assigned. You may also have dodgy cables or ports, so let's see what you find by running that test (hopefully not though!)

First 2 screenshots are when connected wireless and 3rd is when connected to LAN (still not working)

20181203_170439.jpg

20181203_170724.jpg

20181203_170457.jpg

• Administrators

Thanks for the screenshots. It looks like DHCP (assigning IP addresses) is not working on LAN. The most likely reason for this is a faulty ethernet cable or a faulty port on the router.

Could you try switching all of these things? For example, use a different Ethernet cable and trying to use a different port on the back of the router. 

I switched the ethernet port for the PS4 to Port 4 on the router and the PS4 is functioning on LAN, but it is reading it on the led light as Ethernet 1. Also, the other ports do not work. I switched them. So only the PS4 works on LAN so do I have a faulty router?

• Administrators

It's possible you have a faulty product. I recommend you contact NETGEAR's official support: https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

They will be better at fixing this than we will, and they can arrange a full replacement if a fault is found.

Let us know how you get on please.

Guest Killhippie
2 hours ago, Imperor said:

I switched the ethernet port for the PS4 to Port 4 on the router and the PS4 is functioning on LAN, but it is reading it on the led light as Ethernet 1. Also, the other ports do not work. I switched them. So only the PS4 works on LAN so do I have a faulty router?

The first revision or two of XR500s had the port numbers reversed on the back. Just cosmetic but it means it’s not the latest stock. I would  as above contact Netgear. If you bought the router on Amazon you may be able to exchange it within their specified returns period. If you have only had the router a short time ie under 30 days in the UK you should be able to exchange it.   Bear in mind an RMA takes time and Christmas can slow things down.