Factory reset R1 and now can't access the control panel

nuwco

Same problem here, kinda. Tried to upgrade to dumaos. That messed up my duma. Got an window (authorization required)  where it asked for username and password - which I of course didn't have -  so had to reset. Duma gave that peeping sound.  After that trying to access duma the same window pops up where it asks (192.168.88.1:80) username and password again, and does not respond to anything. Im clueless here so please help me out. 

Thanks. 

//J

Thanks Ash.

Tried that admin & s/n with upper an lower cases, with admin/admin, admin/netdumar1, netdumar1/netdumar1... Nothing helps, cannot access duma.

Im running isp -> duma -> tp-link AP as wifi. 

Rgrds,

Jay

• Administrators
1 hour ago, JayKay said:

Thanks Ash.

Tried that admin & s/n with upper an lower cases, with admin/admin, admin/netdumar1, netdumar1/netdumar1... Nothing helps, cannot access duma.

Im running isp -> duma -> tp-link AP as wifi. 

Rgrds,

Jay

So you've factory reset the R1 and the username: admin and password: password didn't work? Do you have caps lock on? Connect directly to the router via ethernet not through an ap and see if that works please

18 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

So you've factory reset the R1 and the username: admin and password: password didn't work? Do you have caps lock on? Connect directly to the router via ethernet not through an ap and see if that works please

Yes, password didn't work. No, not having caps lock on. Connected directly to router via ethernet. Wifi was off. Unplugged every other ethernet from duma. Tried isp -R1- laptop and just duma - laptop via ethernet. Nothing. Tried to factory reset once again - just to check if something went wrong earlier. Now the thing doesn't even give that beeping sound, no matter how long I push that reset button.  

But wifi is on. Seems like I cannot factory reset, or login to netdumaR1.   

J

• Administrators

This doesn't really make any sense. If you upgraded and previously had interface protection on then it will be the same details. If you factory reset then it would be admin/password. Theres nothing else it could possibly be. If you didn't hold the reset button down for long enough it would have simply rebooted. Unplug the router, wait for it to boot up then try accessing then factory reset using the button holding for 20-30 seconds and try again

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

This doesn't really make any sense. If you upgraded and previously had interface protection on then it will be the same details. If you factory reset then it would be admin/password. Theres nothing else it could possibly be. If you didn't hold the reset button down for long enough it would have simply rebooted. Unplug the router, wait for it to boot up then try accessing then factory reset using the button holding for 20-30 seconds and try again

First of all, many thanks for taking a look at this. And I agree, it makes no sense. I've done factory reset with duma few times and never had any issues until now.  The case here is that I tried to upgrade, but that was not complete. It never went through.  

Ok, tried to do factory reset once more. All ethernet cables were disconnected and wi-fi off, just ISP and laptop connected to Duma. Unplugged router -> waited 1 min. -> plug in and got that beep-sound -> pushed a pin to that reset button and waited until a sound  (this time there was a sound) -> tried to connect 192.168.88.1 -> Now Safari won't open the page. ??

Did it again. This time there was no sound after pushing the reset button. and I held that pin about 3 mins. just to make sure. ->  same result, no go. 

On duma:

ACT light is off

PWR light is on

Did I something wrong?

• Administrators

Can you access using 192.168.1.1? When you're connected to the router on your MAC does it get an IP address at all? 

It might be that you did the reset too quickly after the router was rebooted but it usually does so pretty fast.

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Can you access using 192.168.1.1? When you're connected to the router on your MAC does it get an IP address at all? 

It might be that you did the reset too quickly after the router was rebooted but it usually does so pretty fast.

No cannot access 192.168.1.1 

Do you mean No ip address as no int connection ? Yes there was internet connection on all the time. 

Like I said i’ve done the reset routine few times and never had the system so messed up. Could that upgrade attempt and failure from R1 to dumaos cause this? If so, then what?

Ok I’ll  clear cache on my browser next and reset my tp-link c9 which was on AP mode. And  basically Im gonna build up the whole system from the beginning. 

• Administrators

That's good, I meant if you look on your MAC what IP address is it getting from the router?

Well I'm not sure if the upgrade did go wrong as it prompted you to login but somethings happened just not sure what at the moment. Okay great let us know

I did software reboot through DumaOS interface, and the R1 is now unresponsive.  I disconnected it from the cable modem and direct connected the R1 to a laptop.

http://192.168.1.1/ just says This page isn't working.  

How to I factory reset the R1 without access to http://192.168.1.1/?

Shane

5 hours ago, shane_bell said:

I did software reboot through DumaOS interface, and the R1 is now unresponsive.  I disconnected it from the cable modem and direct connected the R1 to a laptop.

Shane

Was 192.168.1.1 allowing you access to the UI before you rebooted? If so, clear your browser cache and cookies and try again. Also try 192.168.88.1 as that’s usually the default R1 IP address.

• Netduma Staff
12 hours ago, shane_bell said:

Shane

Pollutionblues is correct above - your address should be 88.1, and clearing the cache could work.

12 hours ago, shane_bell said:

Shane

Shane, 

Make sure your computer wifi is connected to the R1 and not another wifi access point - it won't (or mine didn't) automatically reconnect. Once you are sure your wifi is connected to your R1, try reloading http://192.168.1.1

On 12/2/2018 at 10:02 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

That's good, I meant if you look on your MAC what IP address is it getting from the router?

Well I'm not sure if the upgrade did go wrong as it prompted you to login but somethings happened just not sure what at the moment. Okay great let us know

Hi,

I just tried to reset R1 again with same results, can't access 192.168.88.1. What's different from yesterdays effort is that I took out TP-Link which was on access point mode. With that AP + R1 there was a working wifi. So now its just R1 which I can't login or reset. And there's no R1 wifi connection available anymore.

I can't figure this out.  

TP-Link reset was ok, so at least I got one working wifi available. Anyways, there isn't much I can do on this. If you guys got something else i could try, please let me know. Would be nice to get duma back. 

Cheers,

Jay

• Administrators

Hi Jay,

What happens if you search on wifi now? Can you see the Netduma R1 being broadcasted?

Could you also do this please:

1. Connect an Ethernet cable into port 4 on your Netduma R1 and connect into your PC or laptop
  2. Open the Start Menu
  3. Type in cmd
  4. Click on the Command Prompt screen that appears
  5. Type ipconfig into Command Prompt and press enter
  6. Take a screenshot and save it
  7. Post the screenshot on this forum

You should hopefully be seeing 192.168.88.1 as the default gateway. If it is, please try one more time accessing it by typing that into your address bar on a browser like Chrome or Firefox.

23 minutes ago, nuwco said:

I've just followed these instructions to downgrade my os from dumaos. 

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000085792-downgrading-back-to-the-original-r1-firmware-from-dumaos

now when i try to use 'admin' and 'password' to log into the interface it's not being accepted.

I've reloaded DumaOS and it works

10 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

So you're ok now? That guide explains how to go back to the original R1 firmware, but it looks like you're still on DumaOS.

When I went back to the original R1 firmware it wouldn't accept the interface login details (admin || password). So I factory reset and it put me back on DumaOS and it now allows me to sign into the interface using the login details (admin || password). Thanks