Problems connecting to a lobby

nuwco

14 minutes ago, Netduma Jack said:

Hi nuwco - I've opened a thread investigating this exact issue. As you say, it was caused by a network change in the latest BO4 update. We're looking into optimising the cloud to combat the issues it's caused. I'd really appreciate it if you posted in there with the info it asks for, it'd be a great help to our developers :)

Thanks Jack - I have posted in your thread. 

I battled this issue for weeks and finally gave up, EVERYONE with a R1 needs to stop trying to make DumaOS work and downgrade back to .J   I'm sick of seeing everyone have the same problems with no fix for weeks now. Simple downgrade and your problems will be solved, the old OS works flawlessly on BO4 and other games. Let the Devs figure this thing out and provide an update in the future, This problem almost made me sell the R1 until i simply downgraded. Now i play games instead of mess around with router settings, unless you bought the router to play with it's settings(which i doubt).

• Administrators

Could everyone in this thread please do the following:

1. (In DumaOS) Go to your Geo-Filter
  2. Open the Geo-Filter Map Options (click the three horizontal lines in the top left of the panel)
  3. Click 'Flush Cloud'
  4. Wait about 30 seconds - 1 minute for the Flush to complete. Don't worry if it takes longer than this, just be patient
  5. Once complete, make sure you're happy with your other Geo-Filter settings e.g. home location, radius, Ping Assist on the R1 etc.
  6. Now restart Black Ops 4

Now try and play some games and let us know if your experience changes.

3 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

2. Open the Geo-Filter Map Options (click the three horizontal lines in the top left of the panel)
  3. Click 'Flush Cloud'
  4. Wait about 30 seconds - 1 minute for the Flush to complete. Don't worry if it takes longer than this, just be patient
  5. Once complete, make sure you're happy with your other Geo-Filter settings e.g. home location, radius, Ping Assist on the R1 etc.

Hello Admin,

I have flushed the cloud and I haven't noticed any difference in trying to find a lobby. Have you got a chart with all the icons on the geo-filter and their meanings please? 

I am beginning to think there are no dedicated servers in BO4....

One thing that is consistent in every lobby is the man icon by the coast of West Africa (image). Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

Ash

Screenshot 2018-12-05 at 17.48.53.png

• Administrators

You can see the icon meanings here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/93csxo1y2cx21vu/DumaOS_R1_User_Manual.pdf?dl=0 the only thing missing is a ping assisted host which is a dashed circle.

There are definitely dedicated servers on the game.

Thats a local IP address, its just a Geo-Filter anomaly that would take too much time to remove, it doesn't affect your gameplay at all

18 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

3. Click 'Flush Cloud'

I’m actually having luck with this... I’m hitting dedicated servers again based in Sydney. The servers is located on the map in the right place however it has a dashed circle around it, geofilter set over my location and the server is within it. Not to sure why a server would look like a PA server considering it within my geofliter?! I guess time will tell if it stays like this. 

I do have one question though I have the file for both the original DumaOS and the milestone 1.3 PA assist. The PA looks a lot like the new milestone PA that should be right? The OG DumaOS only had the ping graph right?

it was definitely the file for the OG cause I double check against the date D/L. 

Cheers. 

• Netduma Staff
1 hour ago, aka_boogo said:

I’m actually having luck with this... I’m hitting dedicated servers again based in Sydney. The servers is located on the map in the right place however it has a dashed circle around it, geofilter set over my location and the server is within it. Not to sure why a server would look like a PA server considering it within my geofliter?! I guess time will tell if it stays like this. 

I do have one question though I have the file for both the original DumaOS and the milestone 1.3 PA assist. The PA looks a lot like the new milestone PA that should be right? The OG DumaOS only had the ping graph right?

it was definitely the file for the OG cause I double check against the date D/L. 

Cheers. 

That's awesome news. I think the fact that you can connect to your server in Sydney means you should be back up and running. Don't worry if a server shows with a dashed circle around it - I think that happens sometimes even if it's within your radius. Just means the Ping Assist algorithm connected you to that server before anything else I guess, it's not a bug or anything.

Just to clarify, you're back on DumaOS now right? 

Yeah correct I have all 3 versions saved OG R1 firmware OG DumaOS and DumaOS with PA... I’m on the R1

i downgraded back to OG R1 firmware where like most having good luck with connections. However the location was out of place but pings a stable 20-25ms so I know that the location was out....

this arvo, I upgraded back to DumaOS OG Beta version my first session was dedicated server with the dashed circle around it, tonight I bounced around different games trying to get the R1 to do some work, I found games easy, 20-25ms pings 60 ticks rates I good guess I was on servers, ohh in game I had the E next to the numbers so that servers I guess... But the locations off as stated above, I was connected to peers even though I don’t reckon I was...

when I upgraded back to DumaOS it was a fresh install no saved settings and did what was pointed out in another post by Frazer...

apologies for the long winded post just wanted to give some feedback. I continue to play around with the game and report back if anything changes... Cheers

• Netduma Staff
3 hours ago, aka_boogo said:

Yeah correct I have all 3 versions saved OG R1 firmware OG DumaOS and DumaOS with PA... I’m on the R1

i downgraded back to OG R1 firmware where like most having good luck with connections. However the location was out of place but pings a stable 20-25ms so I know that the location was out....

this arvo, I upgraded back to DumaOS OG Beta version my first session was dedicated server with the dashed circle around it, tonight I bounced around different games trying to get the R1 to do some work, I found games easy, 20-25ms pings 60 ticks rates I good guess I was on servers, ohh in game I had the E next to the numbers so that servers I guess... But the locations off as stated above, I was connected to peers even though I don’t reckon I was...

when I upgraded back to DumaOS it was a fresh install no saved settings and did what was pointed out in another post by Frazer...

apologies for the long winded post just wanted to give some feedback. I continue to play around with the game and report back if anything changes... Cheers

Promising stuff. Mislocated servers are a tough one to fix since there's billions of IP's out there, but we're always working on optimising it :)

Seems like the inability to connect to dedi's isn't a problem any more. Awesome ping too!

• Administrators

It will almost certainly be because the device added at the top of your geo-filter page is not active. Turn your gaming device on and go to the device manager. Look for it on either LAN or WiFi (depending on how it’s connected). Click on it and give it a unique name. 

Now go back to the geofilter and add it to the top. Should now show the connections. 

If it still doesn’t, could you take a screenshot of your geo-filter page and post here so we can help you.