Problems connecting to a lobby

nuwco

I am having several issues since updating my OS to DumaOS.

PS4 | Black Ops 4 

I am finding it difficult joining a lobby - Takes a long time to find a lobby then I get an Error "The lobby is not joinable as it is full". If I do find a lobby 1 min into the game it says migrating host. 

Geo-map is 3000km so shouldn't have an issue. If I connect PS4 directly to my modem I don't have this issue, so it is definitely R1 related.

I've got no filters in Allow and Deny. 

Am I missing something? I am at a loss...

Thanks in advance.

Ash

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, Haveic said:

just down grade back to 1.3.6j. that is what most of us had to do. Till someone fixes the problem. It was working fin till the last cod update. 

We haven't concluded its DumaOS yet as like you say a game update changed things but we are investigating

I have the same issue. I can't play unless someone invites me to a party. I actually see people pop up in my geo-filter, but I get kicked back to the menu.

and spectating mode does the same thing

i deleted everything from deny and alow and I finally got into a game

and connection quality in these games is awful. 

11 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We haven't concluded its DumaOS yet as like you say a game update changed things but we are investigating

It works fine on the old firmware but not the OS. And from what I can see. It’s ppl with R1 and not the nighthawks. I know it’s still in beta. So I’m not upset. And I don’t think it’s totally on your guys end. Because I didn’t run into any problems till that last update. But at the same time, you would think we would have the same issue on the old firmware. 

• Administrators
12 hours ago, toadie09 said:

I have the same issue. I can't play unless someone invites me to a party. I actually see people pop up in my geo-filter, but I get kicked back to the menu.

and spectating mode does the same thing

i deleted everything from deny and alow and I finally got into a game

and connection quality in these games is awful. 

So it sounds like you blocked something permanently that prevented you getting games then, do you know what the server was?

7 hours ago, Haveic said:

It works fine on the old firmware but not the OS. And from what I can see. It’s ppl with R1 and not the nighthawks. I know it’s still in beta. So I’m not upset. And I don’t think it’s totally on your guys end. Because I didn’t run into any problems till that last update. But at the same time, you would think we would have the same issue on the old firmware. 

Not for everyone thats why we're investigating it on both the game side and the router side

4 hours ago, MrBrutalFrosty said:

same problem here just doesnt connect ot any games join a friend connects to a dedi for me 30min waiting ques to them be kciked out migrate then whatl happens s itl find the same lobby and rinse and reapeat free losses tbh

Does using spectating mode or removing the device completely from the Geo-Filter allow you to get a game?

1 hour ago, S13 said:

Same issue with me. What should i do

Same question to you as above

only way to get a game if im talking mutiplayer is by letting someone else host in which i know my netduma will not work as intended but it will manage to put me on a sydney sevrer from au if i was to search a mutiplayer game it just does nothing for 30mins or more eventually itl find a game i havent tried spectate mode as in my other post it was coming up with errors but th eonly fix for me to play mutiplayer is for someone else on my friendlist to host as i will not find a game and if i do its allways a peer to peer. if i do host a blackout game it will find a match after 2-5 mins but itl be on a asian server 200-220 ping even if i have it set to deny on strict mode with filtered still pushes me into it 

2 minutes ago, MrBrutalFrosty said:

I would but i have 2 friends on the old  firmware from australia and one from fiji who still have the same issues i do regardless of firmware and im on the new one same result somethings not right 

The suggestion has nothing to do with your friends or what firmware they are on. Over a dozen people in the main thread have downgraded and reported the issues are resolved. Including myself. I suggest you try.

Don't think it's the Duma, since everything was working perfectly until Thursday approximately, unless there was a ninja upgrade, which seems unlikely. My money is on some dedicated servers going kaput. I've tried Spectating Mode and removing the console from Geofilter and results have been mixed.

PS: Even hooking up the console to the modem directly does not fix the issue.

1 minute ago, raikun said:

Don't think it's the Duma, since everything was working perfectly until Thursday approximately, unless there was a ninja upgrade, which seems unlikely. My money is on some dedicated servers going kaput. I've tried Spectating Mode and removing the console from Geofilter and results have been mixed.

Nobody is disputing that whatever change the game update made is part of the problem, however a vast majority of people are reporting downgrading to .j fixes the issues. That indicates there is an issue with DumaOS that the new game update doesn't like.

I have switched to DumaOS at least 7-8 times to try changing the settings to see if it works. Nothing works at all, but when I reload the old .j firmware... Boom! Issues all gone. Something is wrong with DumaOS.

7 minutes ago, MrBrutalFrosty said:

^^^ Aggree 100% with that its very buggy for me tbh i do love the tick rate feature though i will give it a try and if i dont reply then my issue will be resolved 

Tick rate is icing on the cake. If the server is garbage, then there is no cake and your left with only icing. Blah.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, MrBrutalFrosty said:

only way to get a game if im talking mutiplayer is by letting someone else host in which i know my netduma will not work as intended but it will manage to put me on a sydney sevrer from au if i was to search a mutiplayer game it just does nothing for 30mins or more eventually itl find a game i havent tried spectate mode as in my other post it was coming up with errors but th eonly fix for me to play mutiplayer is for someone else on my friendlist to host as i will not find a game and if i do its allways a peer to peer. if i do host a blackout game it will find a match after 2-5 mins but itl be on a asian server 200-220 ping even if i have it set to deny on strict mode with filtered still pushes me into it 

It can't put you on a game outside your radius if strict mode is enabled and ping assist is 0 unless you've manually allowed a server. If you delete the device completely do you have better luck?

it does though i know its not suppose to but it does it also comes up as a peer to peer but i know its a dedi as its a blackout lobby. on the duma standard firmware never had the problem until duma os i dont know what to say i have it on deny its out of my radius and itl still connect me to it regardless i dont know what to say it just connects me to the server regrdless even NA servers its screwed big time ive now downgraded firmware will let you know if it all is functioning proply after a gaming session tomoz as its 2.20 am now 

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

So it sounds like you blocked something permanently that prevented you getting games then, do you know what the server was?

Not for everyone thats why we're investigating it on both the game side and the router side

Does using spectating mode or removing the device completely from the Geo-Filter allow you to get a game?

Same question to you as above

Yes  Removing Console from Geo Filter   allows to get  games  normally with ping upto 60.... if PlayStation/console is in geo filter,  can't find any game

• Administrators
54 minutes ago, MrBrutalFrosty said:

it does though i know its not suppose to but it does it also comes up as a peer to peer but i know its a dedi as its a blackout lobby. on the duma standard firmware never had the problem until duma os i dont know what to say i have it on deny its out of my radius and itl still connect me to it regardless i dont know what to say it just connects me to the server regrdless even NA servers its screwed big time ive now downgraded firmware will let you know if it all is functioning proply after a gaming session tomoz as its 2.20 am now 

Could you take a screenshot please of when you get that server so we can see how its been allowed.

48 minutes ago, S13 said:

Yes  Removing Console from Geo Filter   allows to get  games  normally with ping upto 60.... if PlayStation/console is in geo filter,  can't find any game

Great thanks for the extra information.

On 12/1/2018 at 5:23 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Do you see anything appearing on the Geo-Filter at all when searching for a game? 

If you switch to Spectating Mode do you experience the same issue once you've quit the game to dashboard and reloaded?

16 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you take a screenshot please of when you get that server so we can see how its been allowed.

Great thanks for the extra information.

Hi Fraser,

Thanks for looking into this... Here's a little more background and a link to a video so that you can see what I am experiencing. Let me know if you need more info?

Before I upgraded to DumaOS I had two banned servers. One on the east coast and one on the west coast in the US (I'm in the UK). When I first upgraded to DumaOS I didn't have any problems. Then with the latest COD BO4 update, I started to experience an issue. The issue is narrowed down to R1 DumaOS and the latest update, as my other routers work fine. 

Here's a video to what I am experiencing, hopefully, it will give you more of an insight. You will see when i first load the game everything is recognised then they disappear (39sec). I also tested spectating and had the same results as filtered. 

Let me know if you need anything else that helps. 

2 minutes ago, xolhid said:

Have you tried downgrading to .j? The vast majority of people who did are no longer experiencing these issues.

I haven't - although I am confident that would work, I would at this stage prefer to work with the Duma team to locate this issue with DumaOS  

• Netduma Staff
5 minutes ago, nuwco said:

I haven't - although I am confident that would work, I would at this stage prefer to work with the Duma team to locate this issue with DumaOS  

Hi nuwco - I've opened a thread investigating this exact issue. As you say, it was caused by a network change in the latest BO4 update. We're looking into optimising the cloud to combat the issues it's caused. I'd really appreciate it if you posted in there with the info it asks for, it'd be a great help to our developers :)