LAN disconnections

I’ve recently purchased Red Dead Redemption 2 and while playing just the standard story mode (not multiplayer) I’m getting a message that a lan cable is not connected and it’s every time I play. WiFi stays up as I can still use my phone and iPad. This was also happening during BLOPS 4 which I did mention on here in a previous post. Reading up on these forums I can see that this has been happening for a while but was supposed to be fixed in the last firmware update. It’s very frustrating as I was getting told it’s down to activision servers but now are rockstar having the EXACT same issue? When does it become a router issue????

• Administrators

This happens all the time on PS4 to people don't have the router, in terms of Netduma users who've had this issue there are barely any so I don't think this is a router issue per se. That being said, are you using the Geo-Filter on RD2 when this occurs? If so do you see anything blocked on the Geo-Filter when it occurs?

Heres a potential solution from the Playstation community https://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PS4-Support/LAN-cable-not-connected-or-fails-to-get-IP-address-SOLVED/m-p/24209990#M68663

NEVER happened on my r7000! No it’s not a “loose cable”. I dont know about the geo filter as I’m just playing single player story mode and not multi! It only disconnects in game and NEVER just on PS4 menu with no game playing. I don’t want to stare at a lap top to play a none multi player game. This is just a joke now! Absolute zero acceptance of a router issue whether it be hardware or software! Never had this issue on my r7000 and sick of getting fobbed off. £230 on a GAMING router that you have to jump through hoops to get to work.

Peer servers on blops 4! You say dedicated servers marked up wrong! No fix!

Blops 4 lan disconnects in game! You say activisions fault! No fix!

Rdr2 lan disconnects none multi! You say it’s a common issue in PS4! No fix!

bloody ridiculous and I’m at the end of my tether with this rip off router!

• Administrators

The solution I provided didn't say it was due to a loose cable but with a pin inside the console ethernet port that had become misaligned. People have had this issue before our router was launched so there is other causes that it could be. I am simply trying to help you look towards other possible causes given that only the console experiences this and not other wifi devices which indicates the router isn't dropping connections. Unless in fact its due to a faulty port on the router itself, have you tried plugging the console on a different port? Are any other devices wired and if so do they drop connections in the same port the PS4 is connected to with the same cable?

Those other two are complicated as they only seemed to have occurred after a game update with 0 change to the router firmware/cloud so that does indicate a game issue but as we've said previously we are looking into it and seeing if we can reproduce it ourselves.