XR700 QoS & Geo Filter "Not Loaded"

• Administrators

Hi BlackJaxs - do you have any security/firewall/adblocker software running on your PC? If so, could you try temporarily disabling this to see if it fixes your problem? Make sure you re-enable it after testing, regardless of whether it fixes it or not.

The only security software running is Windows Defender. Turning active protection off resulted in the "r-app not loaded" still appearing. (I did test this against v1.0.1.2)

I've also realised that I had auto-update enabled and that I was running 1.0.1.2 since Friday evening when I rebooted the device. I'm going back to 1.0.0.20 now!

• Netduma Staff
13 hours ago, blackJaxs said:

The only security software running is Windows Defender. Turning active protection off resulted in the "r-app not loaded" still appearing. (I did test this against v1.0.1.2)

I've also realised that I had auto-update enabled and that I was running 1.0.1.2 since Friday evening when I rebooted the device. I'm going back to 1.0.0.20 now!

Interesting, thanks for letting us know. Once you've downgraded, please let us know if the issue continues. It's worth narrowing down the firmware it's occurring on.

• Netduma Staff
17 hours ago, blackJaxs said:

So far so good on 1.0.0.20. Not sure how helpful this is, but I've noticed CPU load is less than half on 1.0.0.20 compared to 1.0.1.2.

Interesting, thanks for letting us know. I'll check with a developer to find out why this is. I'm glad it's working out on the previous version - maybe wait until a new upgrade is released before upgrading again :)

So, an update. Today I'm updating games on my Xbox, two PCs, and windows on a PC and none of my r-apps are loading except for system info.

I am still running 1.0.0.20. CPU usage is hovering between 60-90%

I should note that I have 1gbps symmetrical fiber service.

That made a significant difference in CPU and RAM usage overall. I'll test heavy downloading with games detection off and then try the same settings on v1.0.1.2.

So with QoS totally off (sliders at 100% of 1000 up and down, and the Disable all QoS checked) I'm only able to achieve ~600mbps up and down through the xr700. This is while direclty connected to the XR700.

:(

Direclty connected to my fiber ONT I'm able to get ~950 down and ~1000 up.

Under what conditions should the router's CPU fan turn on? Through speed tests and heavy downloading while the CPU was pegged at or near 100% (all four cores) the fan never turned on.

Annotation 2018-12-13 005834.png

Annotation 2018-12-13 000655.png

Annotation 2018-12-13 000826.png

Annotation 2018-12-13 000851.png

Annotation 2018-12-13 005806.png

Edited by blackJaxs
Remove extra image

• Netduma Staff

Are you using PPPoE, VLAN or IPv6 on your XR700? It's possible one of these might be the key to your speed issue. I'm going to pass this thread over to a developer for their opinion :)

OK, I've tested again with all VPNs turned off (to work and hosted by the xr700). Speed tests came out the same. I also found that on version 1.0.2.1 having QoS off made no diffrerence on CPU usage nor R-Apps failing to load.

I ended up turning QoS back on to always including game detection and ran the speed tests again (on 1.0.0.20) and I got the same speed test results as with it all off.

• Netduma Staff
19 hours ago, blackJaxs said:

OK, I've tested again with all VPNs turned off (to work and hosted by the xr700). Speed tests came out the same. I also found that on version 1.0.2.1 having QoS off made no diffrerence on CPU usage nor R-Apps failing to load.

I ended up turning QoS back on to always including game detection and ran the speed tests again (on 1.0.0.20) and I got the same speed test results as with it all off.

Hi BlackJaxs - thanks for testing this so thoroughly. The information and screenshots you've provided will be invaluable in getting to the bottom of this issue.

I feel like we've reached the bottom of the barrel, so this could well be an underlying issue that you can't solve through settings alone. I'm going to get Netgear to take a look at your issue and reach out to you with further action you can take. Thank you for your patience!

• Administrators

Hi there - NETGEAR have asked if you could create a case ID by raising a ticket with their support: https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

I recommend you let them know you have already gone through troubleshooting with us. They might need to get a replacement out to you. Once you've raised a case let us know and we'll escalate this for you. Thanks.

• Netduma Staff
9 hours ago, blackJaxs said:

I have opened an email ticket with Netgear about this. The ticket reference number is is 40813298.

Thanks for creating that - we'll get this escalated for you. Hopefully this should all be sorted soon :D