Black Ops 4 - Getting P2P Only? Post Here!

Netduma Jack

Ok I am now (i think) being put on a dedicated server. 

Following steps:

1. Flush cloud
  2. Turn off PS and unplug the power cable
  3. Turn off routers
  4. Turn routers back on - wait to fully reboot
  5. Plug PS power cable back in and turn on
  6. Load BO4

What is strange is the auto ping said no host to ping for most of the game and then dedicated and peer popped up throughout the game. Admin any thoughts on this. I'll see if i can get a recording of this.

Screenshot 2018-12-05 at 19.43.31.png

Screenshot 2018-12-05 at 19.51.14.png

Screenshot 2018-12-05 at 19.53.41.png

2 minutes ago, nuwco said:

Following steps:

1. Flush cloud
  3. Turn off routers
  6. Load BO4

What is strange is the auto ping said no host to ping for most of the game and then dedicated and peer popped up throughout the game. Admin any thoughts on this. I'll see if i can get a recording of this.

It is a dedicated because the tickrate is 60+. Peer hosts are limited to 20.

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, nuwco said:

Following steps:

1. Flush cloud
  3. Turn off routers
  6. Load BO4

Okay thats good, it may be that it was just unable to ping the host which can sometimes happen.

2 hours ago, nuwco said:

Following steps:

1. Flush cloud
  3. Turn off routers
  6. Load BO4

Screenshot 2018-12-05 at 19.43.31.png

Screenshot 2018-12-05 at 19.53.41.png

I had this before and you couldn't ping the host as you are the host this is P2P see my pictures on previous page when I backed out it said host migration. 

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Don't worry just wait a minute after flushing and refresh the page and it will have applied. Then try the game, boot up with 2000km radius, then lower in game if you want and see if you have a better experience.

Ok so now DumaOS is working for me, but only if I set the geo-filter to Max before starting the game. After the game is started I reduce the geo-filter to the lowest setting in the ocean and my PA is set to 35. Tested an hour and it is working so far.

10 minutes ago, flexingjohn said:

I had this before and you couldn't ping the host as you are the host this is P2P see my pictures on previous page when I backed out it said host migration. 

Hi John, there was a dedicated server in Ireland popping up for me (see my first image). I don't see a dedicated server on your images. With that being said, I'm not sure auto-ping is fully working how it should (beta). I had different peers pop up on auto-ping during the game, I will monitor this for the next couple of days and report back. 

Black ops3 duma os 

https://imgur.com/a/PjdDaM0

Black ops 4 duma os

https://imgur.com/a/AcDO7e4

flushed cloud and followed directions still cant find game with duma os with 30ms PA. I will post pics of "j" with same settings for the games in a moment

black op3 "j" no games found after 5 min

https://imgur.com/a/XcN3NVQ

black ops 4 "j" instantly found game with 14 ms ping (mislocated server in utah)

https://imgur.com/a/A4iPWfc

22 minutes ago, xolhid said:

Ok so now DumaOS is working for me, but only if I set the geo-filter to Max before starting the game. After the game is started I reduce the geo-filter to the lowest setting in the ocean and my PA is set to 35. Tested an hour and it is working so far.

just tried it did not work for me...thanks though

• Administrators
1 hour ago, JimPaps said:

Ive noticed some games it will appear as a peer connection but the server has an "e" at the end in game. Doesnt that mean its a dedicated server so is it possible just false readings on the filter?

Yes they can be misclassified as peers, can you provide the ID please and we can correctly mark it

1 hour ago, xolhid said:

Great to hear that!

47 minutes ago, nuwco said:

Hi John, there was a dedicated server in Ireland popping up for me (see my first image). I don't see a dedicated server on your images. With that being said, I'm not sure auto-ping is fully working how it should (beta). I had different peers pop up on auto-ping during the game, I will monitor this for the next couple of days and report back. 

40 minutes ago, infernomachine said:

just tried it did not work for me...thanks though

Let us know if it improves over the next 24hrs please

1 hour ago, nuwco said:

Hi John, there was a dedicated server in Ireland popping up for me (see my first image). I don't see a dedicated server on your images. With that being said, I'm not sure auto-ping is fully working how it should (beta). I had different peers pop up on auto-ping during the game, I will monitor this for the next couple of days and report back. Hi 

Hey 🙂 ive read on a earlier post the one in Ireland is a something to do with a authentication that is all. And I'm pretty sure the circles dashes in the GEO filter means it's a peer to peer. And if it's a solid cicle line it's a dedicated? Someone will correct me if I'm wrong tho. 

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, flexingjohn said:

Hey 🙂 ive read on a earlier post the one in Ireland is a something to do with a authentication that is all. And I'm pretty sure the circles dashes in the GEO filter means it's a peer to peer. And if it's a solid cicle line it's a dedicated? Someone will correct me if I'm wrong tho. 

Dashed circle just means it's been ping assisted. Solid line means either whitelisted or manually allowed

• Netduma Staff
11 hours ago, infernomachine said:

@Netduma Fraser thoughts on why I can connect to the 14ms server in utah in old firm ware but not OS?

The new cloud version should fix this but it takes a little while to propagate. Were you able to flush the cloud?

15 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

4 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

The new cloud version should fix this but it takes a little while to propagate.

So I'm really confused here about the new cloud update. Even though it has fixed the issues for me to get into games, pretty much all dedicated server locations are still misplaced. Was this supposed to be the massive cloud update?

• Netduma Staff
1 hour ago, xolhid said:

So I'm really confused here about the new cloud update. Even though it has fixed the issues for me to get into games, pretty much all dedicated server locations are still misplaced. Was this supposed to be the massive cloud update?

That's great, I'm glad the cloud version sorted it out :)

Could you show us which servers you're seeing mis-located?

25 minutes ago, Netduma Jack said:

That's great, I'm glad the cloud version sorted it out :)

Could you show us which servers you're seeing mis-located?

Dallas Texas servers mislocated in New Jersey. I already submitted 20+ servers in the other thread.