Black Ops 4 - Getting P2P Only? Post Here!

Netduma Jack

Hey Jack,

Yeah, I'm running into the same issue. I just upgraded to Duma OS for the second time as of 9:17 pm today, and could not find any games/matches on BO4. 

1. Which console are you using? PS4
  2. Which game mode are you trying to play? Black Ops 4
  3. Which DumaOS powered router are you using? Netduma R1
  4. Where are you located (approximately)? Austin, Texas 
  5. Describe any problems you're having. Can't connect to any games no matter the game type, after multiple attempts, and game reboots.  
  6. If you have the Netduma R1, please try setting Ping Assist to 50ms and make sure Filtering Mode is enabled. Then, reboot your game. Does this fix your problem? Tried, and does not fix my problem/issue. 

These issues are the only reason I haven't bought the XR500, scared I won't find games. I did revert back to original firmware and I'm finding matches no problem with around 15ms ping.  Really want to give Duma OS a try, but think I'm going to wait until things get worked out, and the R1 original firmware just works for me.  I'm still a fan of you guys!!!!! 

• Administrators

UPDATE: Could EVERYONE in this thread please do the following:

1. Go to your Geo-Filter
  2. Open the Geo-Filter Map Options (click the three horizontal lines in the top left of the panel)
  3. Click 'Flush Cloud'
  4. Wait about 30 seconds - 1 minute for the Flush to complete. Don't worry if it takes longer than this, just be patient
  5. Once complete, make sure you're happy with your other Geo-Filter settings e.g. home location, radius, Ping Assist on the R1 etc.
  6. Now restart Black Ops 4

Now try and play some games and let us know if your experience changes.

Thank you.

28 minutes ago, Netduma Admin said:

1. Go to your Geo-Filter
  2. Open the Geo-Filter Map Options (click the three horizontal lines in the top left of the panel)
  3. Click 'Flush Cloud'
  4. Wait about 30 seconds - 1 minute for the Flush to complete. Don't worry if it takes longer than this, just be patient
  5. Once complete, make sure you're happy with your other Geo-Filter settings e.g. home location, radius, Ping Assist on the R1 etc.

Thank you.

How do we do this on the non DumaOS R1?

• Administrators
1 minute ago, N3CR0 said:

How do we do this on the non DumaOS R1?

You'll have to wait 24 hours and see if it is better then. But I'd highly recommend you upgrade now and try again.

Just reporting in to cover both sides of the fence. I'm one of the lucky few that didn't have issues with dedicated server games on the new OS.

1) Which console are you using?
Xbox One X
2) Which game mode are you trying to play?
HC TDM
3) Which DumaOS powered router are you using?
R1
4) Where are you located (approximately)?
Vancouver, Canada
5) Describe any problems you're having.
None, game works almost flawlessly. No issues getting dedicated servers when successful. It doesn't always work, but depends on how quickly I put it into 'Filtering' mode; either before or after I start multiplayer. If it doesn't connect to a lobby, I put the R1 into 'Spectating' mode, restart the game, start multiplayer, then put the R1 into 'Filtering' mode. Works every time.
6) If you have the Netduma R1, please try setting Ping Assist to 50ms and make sure Filtering Mode is enabled. Then, reboot your game. Does this fix your problem?
No issue to begin with :) .

I haven't performed the 'Flush Cloud' update you guys recommended an hour ago, but again, I didn't have issues, sooooo.... :)  I'll try it later tonight.

Is it the idea that we're supposed to be able to leave 'Filtering' mode on permanently and not have to toggle it to get an open NAT and dedicated servers regardless of the setting?

Thanks for your efforts guys!

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, kssxs said:

Just reporting in to cover both sides of the fence. I'm one of the lucky few that didn't have issues with dedicated server games on the new OS.

1) Which console are you using?
Xbox One X
2) Which game mode are you trying to play?
HC TDM
3) Which DumaOS powered router are you using?
R1
4) Where are you located (approximately)?
Vancouver, Canada
5) Describe any problems you're having.
None, game works almost flawlessly. No issues getting dedicated servers when successful. It doesn't always work, but depends on how quickly I put it into 'Filtering' mode; either before or after I start multiplayer. If it doesn't connect to a lobby, I put the R1 into 'Spectating' mode, restart the game, start multiplayer, then put the R1 into 'Filtering' mode. Works every time.
6) If you have the Netduma R1, please try setting Ping Assist to 50ms and make sure Filtering Mode is enabled. Then, reboot your game. Does this fix your problem?
No issue to begin with :) .

I haven't performed the 'Flush Cloud' update you guys recommended an hour ago, but again, I didn't have issues, sooooo.... :)  I'll try it later tonight.

Is it the idea that we're supposed to be able to leave 'Filtering' mode on permanently and not have to toggle it to get an open NAT and dedicated servers regardless of the setting?

Thanks for your efforts guys!

Thanks for the feedback!

You definitely won't experience any reduced experience by hitting 'Flush Cloud' (it will be better) so hit that red button when you're ready 😃

2 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

1. Go to your Geo-Filter
  3. Click 'Flush Cloud'

Thank you.

Why is it saying that the operation is taking longer than expected, please wait before using this r app? 

2 minutes ago, j.corona1999 said:

Why is it saying that the operation is taking longer than expected, please wait before using this r app? 

Hi, Thats all im getting too,  Still all p2p servers im getting after 10 games,  Actually best games ive had outta R1, Duma OS, Plusnet Hub wifi has been the ISP believe it or not

• Administrators

If you're getting Rapp not loaded then please wait one more minute and then refresh the page, restart the game and now see if things are better.

Also keep in mind that some servers show as peers - so if you think you're getting P2P could you paste the domain name of the server in here and we can confirm if it's a server or peer.

Thanks

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Glas78 said:

So when it says peer and describre's the ip address of the peer as a btcentral or virgin are you saying these could be dedi's 

No that's almost certainly a peer (they sound like Internet Service Providers).

Could you try rebooting your router (and the game again) and see if it's better after that please

• Administrators

Best to do so if you're not seeing an improvement yet. Also make sure your Geo-Filter settings are good (please list them out or take a screenshot of your Geo-Filter page). For example:

• Distance: 1000km
  • Strict Mode: On
  • Filtering Mode: On
  • Ping Assist: 30ms

image.thumb.png.f38ebf826c82392985f9598fc32d502f.png

28 minutes ago, Netduma Admin said:

1st game back on after restart/reboot, Connection was'nt too bad for peer, actually still waiting to find a lobby for the second game, Now searching for over 10 mins, Any ideas

• Distance: 1200 miles
  • Strict Mode: On
  • Filtering Mode: On
  • Ping Assist: 50

3 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

1. Go to your Geo-Filter
  3. Click 'Flush Cloud'

Thank you.

ive upgraded back upto the duma OS and still same problems P2P and long waits for games. ive rebooted the router turn off the PS4 and waited for 5 minutes but still same?

Capture.PNG

IMG_20181205_183445.jpg

IMG_20181205_183456.jpg

IMG_20181205_183518.jpg

1 minute ago, Haveic said:

same here. back to 1.3.6.j i go

i want to try and help out so i'm staying on the Duma OS they can use me as a guinea pig. Don't get me wrong the old version works, but DumaOs is the future and is much easier to use. 

1 minute ago, nunogsm said:

bandwidth 8062 in ps4 ?

how did you have those values?

i have no idea. i have 80 Mbps down and 20 up. Must be higher because that game i was host. as i backed out it said host migration and next game same....

12 minutes ago, flexingjohn said:

i want to try and help out so i'm staying on the Duma OS they can use me as a guinea pig. Don't get me wrong the old version works, but DumaOs is the future and is much easier to use. 

I'm confused by your logic. How do you figure they are using you as a guinea pig? They only need to know if it is working. If not, then staying on DumaOS does nothing for them or you. Once they push any update, then maybe you can test it. It takes less than 5 minutes to downgrade or upgrade the firmware. No reason to waste your time looking for games only to get $hi++y ones.