Black Ops 4 - Getting P2P Only? Post Here!

Netduma Jack

Just signed up to report this issue so glad to see it's already raised, however, this has not been an issue only since the latest patch for me, but since the very day I upgraded to DumaOS from original firmare with the R1.

Only way I can find a game that is not P2P is to disable the filtering mode completely and go into spectator mode. Thanks to the above posters for pointing out how to downgrade as currently looking into this myself.

As other have said;
PS4
Manchester, England
Game mode does not matter.

1) ps4

2) Multiplayer 

3) Netduma R1 

4) Chicago, IL

5) Long lobby times, game kicks me out saying lobby is full or it has closed, p2p mostly, quality of joined matches are not the best, seeing white rectangle(s) around the world and internet interruptions.

6) Setting ping to 50 ms hasn't helped. 

On 11/29/2018 at 9:43 AM, Netduma Jack said:

Hi Duma Army! We've seen a few threads popping up recently where a few people are finding it difficult to connect to dedicated servers in Black Ops 4. This started for a few of you when the latest patch was released by Treyarch, but we'd like to figure out the best settings to combat the issue.

Could everyone experiencing this please give us the following information:

1. Which console are you using?
  2. Which game mode are you trying to play?
  3. Which DumaOS powered router are you using?
  4. Where are you located (approximately)?
  5. Describe any problems you're having.
  6. If you have the Netduma R1, please try setting Ping Assist to 50ms and make sure Filtering Mode is enabled. Then, reboot your game. Does this fix your problem?

Thanks everyone - any info will go a long way in helping others. If you're able to connect perfectly okay to dedicated servers in Black Ops 4, feel free to let us know here.

1. XBOX ONE

2. HC TDM and DOM

3. R1

4. USA -- West coast

5. With ping assist on, I primarily get peer to peer with ping rates >80ms. By setting ping assist to 0 it goes back to dedi's (eventually, may take several boots)

This sh*t is becoming a joke now... Every game as soon as you start to dominate the host f*cking rage quits and the lobby crashes.... Getting losses for no damn reason and you lose challenge progress this needs sorting out ASAP! ...

12 hours ago, C00LhandNUK3 said:

1. XBOX ONE

2. HC TDM and DOM

3. R1

4. USA -- West coast

5. With ping assist on, I primarily get peer to peer with ping rates >80ms. By setting ping assist to 0 it goes back to dedi's (eventually, may take several boots)

It may be working for you but this is not a solution, I’ve been playing on 0 ping assist for years i don’t get dedis

Can everyone try disabling if enabled

anti buffer bloat

as this seems to have fix the issue at least for me.

Restart the game afterwards

Put geo into spectating mode before you restart the game

Screenshot_20181202-131046_Chrome.jpg

Edited by progprogprog
I was unable to force any other servers until I toggled antibufferbloat

ps4 pro, r1 ,all modes, cheltenham England.

extremely troublesome even trying to find a match, it takes ages. mainly just keep getting thrown back to the menu after not finding a lobby.

when i do get lucky enough to find a lobby it's always a peer to peer....... although strangely it will connect to a dedi for a couple of seconds sometimes before then going blank and then selecting a p2p host again.

spending more time looking for matches and rebooting my console than playing the game lol , the game tends to crash alot atm or i get kicked from a lobby at the end of a the match.....and then there's all those host migrations too smh.

with the geo filter radius set quite tight, as long as i am lucky enough to find a match the gaming experience is 'generally' pretty decent to be fair on p2p, plus my k.d is still climbing so i'm gonna sit tight for a fix as i trust the Netduma team to remedy this issue soon enough. Downgrading just seems like a step backwards to me, i didn't wait all this time for duma os just to go back to old firmware again.

8 minutes ago, toby jugs said:

with the geo filter radius set quite tight, as long as i am lucky enough to find a match the gaming experience is 'generally' pretty decent to be fair on p2p, plus my k.d is still climbing so i'm gonna sit tight for a fix as i trust the Netduma team to remedy this issue soon enough. Downgrading just seems like a step backwards to me, i didn't wait all this time for duma os just to go back to old firmware again.

Nobody wants to go back to the old firmware, but why wouldn't you try if it could possibly fix the issues?

Good games with solid connections on the old firmware...

or

Bad games with poor connections on the new firmware...

What is your priority? We purchased the router to improve the connections, so I think it is not smart to stick with something we all know isn't working when there is an option that does work for most people.

2 hours ago, progprogprog said:

Can everyone try disabling if enabled

anti buffer bloat

as this seems to have fix the issue at least for me.

Restart the game afterwards

Put geo into spectating mode before you restart the game

Nope, this was one of the first things I tried and does not work 

3 minutes ago, xolhid said:

Nobody wants to go back to the old firmware, but why wouldn't you try if it could possibly fix the issues?

Good games with solid connections on the old firmware...

or

Bad games with poor connections on the new firmware...

What is your priority? We purchased the router to improve the connections, so I think it is not smart to stick with something we all know isn't working when there is an option that does work.

on the old firmware my router wasn't performing very well, i couldnt even get it to load the geo filter  anymore before i upgraded it

7 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for the feedback toby, does removing device from Geo-Filter/putting in Spectator mode allow you to get games easier?

haven't tried to be honest , i saw the thread thinking it was a game issue not a router one

36 minutes ago, toby jugs said:

on the old firmware my router wasn't performing very well, i couldnt even get it to load the geo filter  anymore before i upgraded it

Did you ever factory reset? It can fix wierd issues like the Geo filter not loading. I still suggest you at least try downgrading as the majority of us who have are getting into games now.

• Administrators
56 minutes ago, toby jugs said:

haven't tried to be honest , i saw the thread thinking it was a game issue not a router one

Okay no worries, if you could try that and get back to us just so it gives us some more information to work with that'd be great thanks

I can’t find games either, so far I’ve:

Placed console in spectating/rebooted 

Expanded Geo to the entire USA/rebooted 

disabled anti-buffer/rebooted

disabled fast search

increased ping assist

I have been trying to find a game for over an hour. Connected to a peer lobby once, but they all left. 

Spoke too soon. Switched to my modem directly, no more lobby issues

PS: I have been testing for about an hour going back and forth from straight modem to Duma. Sorry to say, when connected to the R1 no lobbies at all, while on the modem, smooth sailing. Afraid to say, testing is pretty conclusive, DumaOS and the latest BO4 update aren't on speaking terms.