Black Ops 4 - Getting P2P Only? Post Here!

Netduma Jack

• Administrators

Guys - you have to realise that there is a lot of variance in server quality, from game to game and from gaming session to gaming session. DumaOS will get you the best possible ping, from there it's over to you to do your best. If the game is sluggish, try restarting the game as there's that key network check at the starts.

On our side, we will be rolling out many Cloud updates to keep our location database very up to date - we'll have another one out for you guys after the holidays. #

@thelasteleazar - try rebooting your game to see if it works after that. If not, increase your Ping value to a higher number, perhaps 70ms. Or enable Fast Search. Your settings look fine though so it may just be the game being odd, so give it a reboot and see if it's better afterwards.

• 7 months later...

hi all, I have been playing on PS4 all week and it's a rarity to get a dedicated server. Is there a setting I need to change in order to stop connecting to peers, because I have looked up some of the IP addresses and some are on the other side of the atlantic ocean. It's pretty shabby. i have my geo filter set to 750km and find that even when I do manage to connect to a dedicated server sometimes Iget a lobby not joinable message.  

Also, I keep connecting to choopa.net peers which is situated in New Jerset. I understand that even the Netduma can't control this peer thing, but is there anything i can do to minimise the chance of connecting to american peers as it is killing my games. 

2 hours ago, Bert said:

Are you sure it's peer?

Sometimes servers are misrepresented in DumaOS. Choopa.net for example is a dedicated server, choopa.net is a provider.

Also, I keep connecting to choopa.net peers which is situated in New Jerset. I understand that even the Netduma can't control this peer thing, but is there anything i can do to minimise the chance of connecting to american peers as it is killing my games. 

Deffo Peer, I also connected to the dedicated server in new jersey which I have now blacked because my games play terrible when I'm on it.

Set my location to France, and now my games have imporved significantly because even though I am connecting to peers, most of them are in the UKand the gameplay is so much better.

Hi there,

I keep connecting to this host which looks like its a server based in New Jersey from what I can see on the web. 

I am based in the republic of ireland, and set my location to UK, with a 500 km radius on the Geo Filter, but bcause this ip is deemed to be a peer, I am constantly connecting to it and it's a rarity to get a decent game when I do connect. I think it may be a server as someone mentioned earlier on this thread 

Edit: Also, my games are pretty much touch and go, it's more pot luck than anything else to be honest. I know this has nothing to do with the Netduma, but I am so happy that i bought the router as at least now I know the location of the peers I am connecting to. 

/edit

Screenshot_20190808-185235_Chrome.jpg

• Administrators

If you're getting a ping that low then it won't be located in the US, it is definitely a server. Most likely your Ping Assist is allowing it through as it's so low. Turn that to 0 and move your radius/home location to force other servers that might play better for you.

4 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you're getting a ping that low then it won't be located in the US, it is definitely a server. Most likely your Ping Assist is allowing it through as it's so low. Turn that to 0 and move your radius/home location to force other servers that might play better for you.

Ping assist is already set to zero, and I have geo location set to 500KM with Location set as the UK. 

I ran a whois on the choopa ip address and apparently it's in London.  At least I know now that the Netduma is doing what it's supposed to be doing. 

20 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Gotcha, yes it's performing as expected. Definitely try forcing other servers and exclude this one from your radius to see if its more stable.

I'll deffo give it a shot. So happy that the router is doing it's job as it says on the box. Money well spent. 

I wonder if the new Call of Duty will be using the same servers. 

• 1 month later...
  • Netduma Staff
On 8/8/2019 at 8:38 PM, tallus said:

I'll deffo give it a shot. So happy that the router is doing it's job as it says on the box. Money well spent. 

I wonder if the new Call of Duty will be using the same servers. 

They'll use the same servers, since it's the best server infrastructure on the planet. They're using Amazon Web Services - I doubt they'll switch :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/9/2019 at 4:54 AM, Netduma Jack said:

They'll use the same servers, since it's the best server infrastructure on the planet. They're using Amazon Web Services - I doubt they'll switch :)

Isn't there a server in Missouri? Do they use more than Amazon web services?