Black Ops 4 - Getting P2P Only? Post Here!

Netduma Jack

On 12/12/2018 at 4:13 PM, C00LhandNUK3 said:

On XBox One withe the R1. I've flushed the cloud several times morning to night. I still cannot get the usual dedicated servers. 

With my "standard" settings I'm still getting a fair amount of p2p lobbies, but I'm getting them quickly and they are well within my 500 mile geo filter. The connection has been good <40 ms. About 50% of the time I'm getting a dedicated lobby. I somewhat suspect that some of the peers I'm getting are actually dedis. A couple of them appear in a region where I had white listed dedis back before everything went bonkers.

If I move home/geo filter out into the ocean, I don't get any lobbies, even after raising Ping Assist to 80 ms.

So things aren't perfect yet, but they are playable again. Thanks for the continued work on the cloud.

• Administrators
47 minutes ago, sal111 said:

I’ve been using my asus router for a while, just to clarify has the issue been resolved for the PS4? Reading the comment there seems to be mixed reviews. Thnx 

As you say, results are mixed. We're doing further optimisations next week so should be able to say then for certain the experiences that people are having.

Just wanted to say my issues seem to be resolved on the most recent Duma OS build on Xbox. I have no problems finding games and getting on dedicated servers. I'm in the Seattle area if that helps. There are some obvious mislocated servers, but the ping assist works around it just fine. Thanks for getting things back in order, I hope it does for everyone.

• Administrators

Thanks Moofda. We know we've made a positive step with the first cloud update and are feeling good about the next one. We'll get it out as fast and efficiently as we can.

11 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

Thanks Moofda. We know we've made a positive step with the first cloud update and are feeling good about the next one. We'll get it out as fast and efficiently as we can.

please do not forget PC players as well. ping assist does not work on PC. i set my home in ocean with lowest radius. ping assist on 50. still getting servers with 80-100 ping. if i turn on strict mode, i would never get any game.

• Administrators
17 hours ago, thelasteleazar said:

please do not forget PC players as well. ping assist does not work on PC. i set my home in ocean with lowest radius. ping assist on 50. still getting servers with 80-100 ping. if i turn on strict mode, i would never get any game.

Do you have Fast Search enabled? If so, please disable it. If it's already disabled this should very rarely happen and it would not be specific to any device. 

Next Cloud optimisation includes all devices (as did the last one)

• Netduma Staff
3 hours ago, Punish3r said:

i took off fast search and changed device type to ps4 instead of pc and i could find a lobby is that the work around? I also am running the newest os version.

Hi, welcome to the forum! If you're playing on PC we do recommend changing it to a console at this time, that's a temp workaround :D I'm glad that worked for you!

On 12/19/2018 at 10:03 AM, Netduma Admin said:

Do you have Fast Search enabled? If so, please disable it. If it's already disabled this should very rarely happen and it would not be specific to any device. 

Next Cloud optimisation includes all devices (as did the last one)

with the new cloud, should i keep Strict Mode checked? i'm afraid i won't be able to get any lobby if so.

New cloud is horrible. Before this new cloud I was getting dedicated servers between 25-30 ping every game for the last month. Now I’m getting peers that are dedis but the ping is 38-45 and it’s makes a noticeable difference in gameplay. Everything was running perfect until the latest cloud update

• Administrators
16 hours ago, Jstrick17 said:

new cloud moved all the seattle servers to east coast near new york

So you're saying the servers were correctly located pre cloud update now they're not?

11 hours ago, Albeno said:

New cloud is horrible. Before this new cloud I was getting dedicated servers between 25-30 ping every game for the last month. Now I’m getting peers that are dedis but the ping is 38-45 and it’s makes a noticeable difference in gameplay. Everything was running perfect until the latest cloud update

Are you certain you're not just getting different servers that are further away from you that may not be classified as dedicated yet?

Fraser, from games i played yesterday that is what appeared to happen. I normally ping 15-20 ms to Seattle because i live in Washington state and all the games i was put in yesterday were on the east coast of US but ping was still 15-20 ms. Also when game loaded, i did not see the usual Seattle server on the map, and i still get placed in on EU servers that ping 30ms which are probably in California. 

My experience with the router after four years is I want to launch it into the sun. 

Im not having a good time. 

Edit: Fair warning I had a few adult beverages when I wrote this last night. For whatever reason, my connection just isn’t the same as it was prior to the issue we experienced a few weeks ago. 

Im back to feeling out of sync and getting melted by people not even on my screen. 

I don’t necessarily place blame solely on you guys here, it’s probably got to do with Treyarc 

Edited by MikeTHIS
Came to my senses - lol