Jump to content
Netduma Jack

Black Ops 4 - Getting P2P Only? Post Here!

Recommended Posts

And just like that back to being host and on p2p without ever even leaving the game.

Reset router, xbox - never added the console to geo or even activated anti-bloat and just all peers.

Why?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, MikeTHIS said:

And just like that back to being host and on p2p without ever even leaving the game.

Reset router, xbox - never added the console to geo or even activated anti-bloat and just all peers.

Why?

 

Wait until the cloud update in the next couple of days, and let's see what happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thelasteleazar said:

im on PC. and geo-filtering doesn't seem to work. i don't see any servers on my map. please help. 

image.png

image.png

Its the same on xbox - I had to factory reset just to connect back to dedicated servers, not like its playing any better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, thelasteleazar said:

im on PC. and geo-filtering doesn't seem to work. i don't see any servers on my map. please help. 

image.png

image.png

Call of Duty PC profile is a bit unreliable. Could you instead go to your Device Manager, click on your PC and change the type to a PS4. Now go back to the Geo-Filter, delete your PC from the top and then re-add your PC. It should automatically add under the console service. Icons should appear after this.

13 hours ago, MikeTHIS said:

Its the same on xbox - I had to factory reset just to connect back to dedicated servers, not like its playing any better.

Mike - wait for the Cloud update please otherwise you're flogging a dead horse. Should be out within a day or so (the tool is already running, it just takes a while to complete)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Netduma Admin said:

Call of Duty PC profile is a bit unreliable. Could you instead go to your Device Manager, click on your PC and change the type to a PS4. Now go back to the Geo-Filter, delete your PC from the top and then re-add your PC. It should automatically add under the console service. Icons should appear after this.

Mike - wait for the Cloud update please otherwise you're flogging a dead horse. Should be out within a day or so (the tool is already running, it just takes a while to complete)

When you’re aggravated and raging, you beat things to a bloody pulp!

lol

I factory reset because no matter what I did something was hung up and not allowing dedicated. My apologies for losing my patience. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NEW UPDATE: our Cloud optimisation tool has just completed for Xbox and PC too now. It also has new improvements for PS4. These changes will automatically install on your router within the next 24 hours, but if you would like to force your Cloud to update, please do the following:

  1. Go to your Geo-Filter
  2. Open the Geo-Filter Map Options (click the three horizontal lines in the top left of the panel)
  3. Click 'Flush Cloud'
  4. Wait about 30 seconds - 45 second for the Flush to complete. Don't worry if you see a message that says '"Error: The operation is taking longer than expected. Please briefly wait before using this R-App" - this is just a default popup that appears when something is taking a while to complete on DumaOS. Just clear the message and wait another 30 seconds for the new Cloud to complete its installation in the background
  5. Once complete, make sure you're happy with your other Geo-Filter settings e.g. home location, radius, Ping Assist on the R1 etc.
  6. Now restart Black Ops 4

Now play some games. The vast majority, if not all, servers will now be correctly located which should mean you consistently get dedicated servers again.

Don't worry if a server sometimes shows as a 'Peer' - there are still servers that we have not yet categorised as servers. This will be the next objective. If you want to know if you're on a server for sure, click the start menu within a game and click on the Network option. Near the bottom is an encrypted sequence of letters and numbers. If this ends in the letter e, it almost certainly means you are on a server.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

NEW UPDATE: our Cloud optimisation tool has just completed for Xbox and PC too now. It also has new improvements for PS4. These changes will automatically install on your router within the next 24 hours, but if you would like to force your Cloud to update, please do the following:

  1. Go to your Geo-Filter
  2. Open the Geo-Filter Map Options (click the three horizontal lines in the top left of the panel)
  3. Click 'Flush Cloud'
  4. Wait about 30 seconds - 45 second for the Flush to complete. Don't worry if you see a message that says '"Error: The operation is taking longer than expected. Please briefly wait before using this R-App" - this is just a default popup that appears when something is taking a while to complete on DumaOS. Just clear the message and wait another 30 seconds for the new Cloud to complete its installation in the background
  5. Once complete, make sure you're happy with your other Geo-Filter settings e.g. home location, radius, Ping Assist on the R1 etc.
  6. Now restart Black Ops 4

Now play some games. The vast majority, if not all, servers will now be correctly located which should mean you consistently get dedicated servers again.

Don't worry if a server sometimes shows as a 'Peer' - there are still servers that we have not yet categorised as servers. This will be the next objective. If you want to know if you're on a server for sure, click the start menu within a game and click on the Network option. Near the bottom is an encrypted sequence of letters and numbers. If this ends in the letter e, it almost certainly means you are on a server.

i’m on PC, does this mean i can set my device as PC now instead of PS4? and select Call of Duty (PC) in geo-filter?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No success for me. Flushed cloud, gave it a good few minutes wait, rebooted R1. Tried flush cloud again too.

Couldn't get any dedis when in 'Filtering' mode, all P2P.
Dashboarded a few times and got 'Lobby Not Joinable' message.
Doubled my Ping Assist, dashed game several more times, same result.

Tried 'Spectate' mode but it was all P2P and a long wait.
Dashboarded the game several times and managed to start getting dedis...

So I put 'Filtering' back on and restarted the game but then I could only get P2P again.

Went back to 'Spectate' mode, restarted the game but I was stuck on P2P.

Dashboarded several more times and managed to get dedis again when in 'Spectate' mode.

 

Seems the same as before to me.

 

Geo settings:
Radius covering all of UK and Ireland.
Ping Assist at 12ms (my usual), increased to 20ms for the test.

I get the UK dedis in 7-8ms, the rest of Western Europe dedis all come in under 20ms, so I should have been able to pick up any/all of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Netduma Admin said:

Could you guys take screenshots of your geo-filter pages please? Ideally when you’re connected to the host. 

We’ll look into it to see if it’s pushed out successfully as results in testing were great. 

is there a way to resize the map so I can get both the ping, ID, and map all in the same screenshot?

 

 

I'm gathering some screenshots,  I am finding lobbies overall faster, but I'm still getting a lot of lobby not joinable.  Also, I see the netduma ping good dedicated servers, it just keeps searching, doesn't connect to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Netduma Admin said:

Could you guys take screenshots of your geo-filter pages please? Ideally when you’re connected to the host. 

We’ll look into it to see if it’s pushed out successfully as results in testing were great. 

You mean connected to a P2P host with 'Filtering' on, or a dedi with it on 'Spectate'?

Before the game starts or while we're in a game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mike10522 said:

is there a way to resize the map so I can get both the ping, ID, and map all in the same screenshot?

You can zoom your browser out if you're struggling to fit it all in.

Should be able to zoom right out on the map to see the whole world by default too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×