Shoutout and questions

Dmaune

Many many thanks to Aspect of Wrath for helping me set up my R1 last night.  Would not have been able to do it without you.  

I have a couple of questions for you smart people out there.  

First of all I play Destiny 2 so keep that in mind.  When I search for a crucible match it finds me a match in seemingly the same amount of time as pre R1 which is a good thing but it only shows 3-4 people on my map.  There are 12 people (including myself) in the match so why doesn't it show me everyone playing?  Am I doing something wrong?

I turned on strict mode just for the heck of it and it seemed to operate exactly the same.  Still had mostly people within my bubble but a few outside as well.

Lastly what are the white circles on the geofilter map?  They show up time to time but I have no idea what they are.    

• Netduma Staff

It doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong. This all seems great to me - nice one Aspect of Wrath!

Not seeing every player in your game is normal. That just means there's no data going between you and some of the players - it's going to the server instead. Long story short, it's really common: the Geo-Filter only shows exactly what's happening in terms of data transfer / ping; it won't display every player in the game since most of it is going through the host of the game.

I'd recommend keeping Strict Mode off for Destiny 2 - it's got a really complex setup online, so it'll be less risky for getting disconnected.

The white circles are servers either you have allowed (by clicking 'Allow' manually) or servers we have whitelisted ourselves. It's more likely whitelisted servers. We choose to whitelist them when they're essential for the game to function correctly, like NAT servers or authentication ones. I hope this info helps :)

• Administrators
32 minutes ago, Dmaune said:

This might seem like a dumb question but since I don't see most of the players on my map how do I know I'm not being connected to people outside my Geofilter radius?

You might be as they may be connecting to the dedicated server you're connecting to as it's a hybrid system. Though as you're closest to the server you'll have the advantage.

• Administrators
59 minutes ago, Dmaune said:

So I know I'm not supposed to use strict mode in Destiny but if I DO and I'm not getting errors, does that probably mean something isn't working right?

No, you can use it with strict mode to get better games but you just run the risk of getting errors. Won't always happen but more likely to with strict on