Improve QOS

Hello guys, this is my first topic here. I received my router yesterday (imported from Amazon.com to Chile). 

I digged a lot into the dumaos interface and I found it was really easy to understand, after an hour playing I learnt everything about it(or most of it), but the QOS I found isn't clear enough...for example my old Asus ac88u I could choose which device will be the boosted gaming priorized packets, in dumaos it's "smart", I put it like this because I don't know if is truly working as expected.

I followed the online guides, measuring the speed download/upload using speedtest, put that on antibufferfloat panel, reduced the both slides to 70%, but as soon as I launch my games I don't see any prioritized packets(more people were using the network in my home), I was expecting to see a kick ass result in the charts but instead I saw 0 prioritized packets and 3000 unoptimised. Plus  I never liked the idea to have a list of a handful of games to add my device because it isnt real, beber lunes the idea to manually add ports, its something that I wouldn't expect the user do... Thanks in advance

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Have you read our support pages and followed the useful guides on how to get the most out of your new router? If not then click on this link:

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000077073-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-qos

You can also add a device to the prioritization tab instead of dumaOS classified games which is what I do to make certain my gaming packets take priority over all other packets!

Hello and thanks for your reply, I understand that you can do that, but as digestion it shouldn't leave the responsibility of the user. I have more than 200 games. I play a lot online, so imagine creating a custom just for every game, it's impossible to do it...

3 minutes ago, SturmButcher said:

Hello and thanks for your reply, I understand that you can do that, but as digestion it shouldn't leave the responsibility of the user. I have more than 200 games. I play a lot online, so imagine creating a custom just for every game, it's impossible to do it...

Not sure if you understand what I meant so here is a screenshot of mine I use!

2018-11-29.png

3 hours ago, SturmButcher said:

Yup, I understand it. In fact I am seeing it now, but I don't play in consoles... Only PC games

Sorry for late reply. add your gaming pc, then click advanced and open the needed ports. 

2018-11-29 (2).png

Yup I understand that too, but that shouldn't be something that the user babe to configurate, I have more than 200 games, it's impossible to add them one by one all the ports.... Dumaos should do this automatically. Thats my complain

• Netduma Staff
20 minutes ago, SturmButcher said:

Yup I understand that too, but that shouldn't be something that the user babe to configurate, I have more than 200 games, it's impossible to add them one by one all the ports.... Dumaos should do this automatically. Thats my complain

I guess that's the issue - you're playing so many games! It could be that a lot of these don't fall under the port range covered by 'DumaOS classified games'. I'd recommend adding manual rules for the games you play often (I'm guessing 99% of those games aren't played all the time). Do some of your games show as high priority traffic?

Going to try that but I don't like the idea to do it manually, at least with the Asus router it was automatic and never checked again because my PC was always first priority in packets

PS: there is a list of games supported by dumaos? Maybe would help that users provide rules and ports to improve even more the auto clasification

• Administrators

If you have the time you could help us in supporting the games that you're playing: 

A quicker alternative would be to just add your PC to Traffic Prioritization with the Games Console service. This will then ensure all your games are prioritized. I would keep an eye on it though just in case non gaming applications are being prioritized.

10 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you have the time you could help us in supporting the games that you're playing: 

A quicker alternative would be to just add your PC to Traffic Prioritization with the Games Console service. This will then ensure all your games are prioritized. I would keep an eye on it though just in case non gaming applications are being prioritized.

Thank you for the replay, I will gladly help. I understand that ports are different in consoles and PC, how it would work if I add my device with that politic?

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, SturmButcher said:

Thank you for the replay, I will gladly help. I understand that ports are different in consoles and PC, how it would work if I add my device with that politic?

Despite being different platforms they will use the ports in the same range. The console service covers a wide range of ports that the PC will use so it will work. The only thing you need to be careful of is it prioritizing other applications. Console service will prioritize ports 1024-65535

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I activated games console service (should be called global game prioritization) and it works now at least I see a handfull of packets raising. I have the logs should I attach them here?