Netduma getting no internet from Ethernet Port

One87

I upgraded my netduma  r1 to the duma os firmware and it never came up with the login page. I cleared my cache and cookies and it still never worked. i let it sit there for about 20 minutes and still nothing. i tried the 192.168.88.1 ip address as well as the http://r1 and still not working. I tried unplugging the netduma router and still getting no internet. I attempted to put static ip on my netgear router for the netduma and it still is not working. Any help is appreciated.

• Netduma Staff
2 hours ago, One87 said:

I upgraded my netduma  r1 to the duma os firmware and it never came up with the login page. I cleared my cache and cookies and it still never worked. i let it sit there for about 20 minutes and still nothing. i tried the 192.168.88.1 ip address as well as the http://r1 and still not working. I tried unplugging the netduma router and still getting no internet. I attempted to put static ip on my netgear router for the netduma and it still is not working. Any help is appreciated.

Have you tried holding the reset button on the back of the Netduma for over 30 seconds?

When you're on a PC wired to the Netduma R1, could you open command prompt and type 'ipconfig' before pressing enter? Screenshot the following results (stuff like your default gateway) and send them over.

Did anything happen while you were upgrading such as a power outage? What version were you on before you tried to upgrade? Did you follow the instructions in the beta email?

I literally followed all steps perfectly. I’ve very techie. I do IT for a living . No default gateway when u run Cmd.  Reset Button does nothing. Rebooting netduma and my Netgear MRC does nothing as well.  No internet is being passed through netduma. I’ve had it for over 2 years and no real issues until this FW upgrade. Now it does not even work. I tried unplugging it from MRC and putting PC in port 2 of netduma and trying to access 192.168.1.1 and still nothing.192.168.88.1  or http://r1 does nothing. 

I’ve tried unplugging netduma for several hours and still nothing.

• Administrators

On your PC could you please set up a static IP for your ethernet card

1. IP 192.168.1.2 
  2. Subnet 255.255.255.0
  3. Gateway 192.168.1.1 

then connect to ethernet port 2 and try to access the interface please. If that doesn't work try again but using 192.168.88.2 and 192.168.88.1 for static IP and gateway please.

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, One87 said:

Ok. Thanks. It was working just fine until this FW update. Should of just stayed on old FW honestly because now my router does not even work. 

Hopefully they'll have a suggestion and we can get it sorted

• Administrators
9 hours ago, One87 said:

Did you happen to get any suggestions?? 

Do you remember which original R1 firmware version you were on before upgrading? 

Update !    Apologies.   Its fixed.

I just held reset button on Netduma R1  for few minutes untill it beeped n let it go. It restarted and asked me for   USERNAME PASSWORD.  Admin & password

Boommmmmmm hihihi, I am in. I got Duma Os.   Thanks 

10 hours ago, S13 said:

Update !    Apologies.   Its fixed.

I just held reset button on Netduma R1  for few minutes untill it beeped n let it go. It restarted and asked me for   USERNAME PASSWORD.  Admin & password

Boommmmmmm hihihi, I am in. I got Duma Os.   Thanks 

How long did you hold reset button for ? I held for 1 min and nothing happens. 

26 minutes ago, One87 said:

Held it u

26 minutes ago, One87 said:

Held it until it beep,   then let it go. Routee restarted  & i got  username and password   screen on browser for 192.168.88.1    interface.     I did this  just after Duma os  upgrade. As lost internet n   192.16.88.1  wont  load.

Longer than 1 minute !   

• Administrators

Here's a guide on how to do this factory reset: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000084263-how-to-factory-reset-the-netduma-r1-using-dumaos

See the bottom half where it explains how to use the Reset Button to achieve this.

54 minutes ago, Netduma Admin said:

Here's a guide on how to do this factory reset: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000084263-how-to-factory-reset-the-netduma-r1-using-dumaos

See the bottom half where it explains how to use the Reset Button to achieve this.

Thanks I will try this again once I get home. Do I need to have my modem plugged up to the netduma to complete the factory reset it  or only the power adapter is okay ?