Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello, 

i just broght my netduma R1 to help with lag issues playing BO4 on PS4. I’m not technical when setuping ip this device. But in the geo filter I was able to set up radius. It didn’t show me any server locations, host locations. I just set my location and it showed just a red circle. Is that right. Also I just played a game and still experience lag. How do I make sure I have this setup correctly. I have ay netduma running from my comcast router/ modem. Any help I can get in this will be greatly apppreicated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jdennis1014 said:

Hello, 

i just broght my netduma R1 to help with lag issues playing BO4 on PS4. I’m not technical when setuping ip this device. But in the geo filter I was able to set up radius. It didn’t show me any server locations, host locations. I just set my location and it showed just a red circle. Is that right. Also I just played a game and still experience lag. How do I make sure I have this setup correctly. I have ay netduma running from my comcast router/ modem. Any help I can get in this will be greatly apppreicated.

Hi and Welcome to the forum.

You will find this link helpful: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000077072-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-geo-filter-setup-step-2-

 

Also what version firmware are you running on your R1? Are you running original OS 1.3.6? You would be better upgrading to the new dumaOS by clicking on the link below are registering.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello

BIG_DOG yes I had to upgrade to the latest frame ware to get the netduma to work. 

Also when I make this changes will the changes save automatically. Because right now I have my laptop plugged into the netduma to make this changed. I will only be running the PS4 through the netduma.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jdennis1014 said:

Also when I make this changes will the changes save automatically. Because right now I have my laptop plugged into the netduma to make this changed. I will only be running the PS4 through the netduma.

Hi, sorry for late reply, been very hectic here for me today. As Admin said your changes would be saved so no need to leave your laptop plugged in and logged in. How is your ps4 connected to your R1, is it wired or wireless? Wired is the way to go if at all possible.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s ok I really do appreciate all your help on this. That’s the problem I’m in the U.S state Virginia so that’s why I do believe my setup is completely wrong. I have my netduma plugged into my comcast xfinity router and my PS4 plugged into the netduma. I wanted to netduma to help stop the lag I was experinceing playing online multiplayer BO4

Sorry I have a wired connection as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jdennis1014 said:

That’s ok I really do appreciate all your help on this. That’s the problem I’m in the U.S state Virginia so that’s why I do believe my setup is completely wrong. I have my netduma plugged into my comcast xfinity router and my PS4 plugged into the netduma. I wanted to netduma to help stop the lag I was experinceing playing online multiplayer BO4

There is issues with the game concerning connections and lag, the new netcode that the game uses is horrible. So much so I and many others some of whome are well known gamers on youtube have stopped playing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The main thing to do is guarantee you always play on nearby servers and hosts. That will get your ping as low as you possibly can. Make sure you've set the filter range to about 1000km as that will get you great pings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I brought my first monitor and now the netduma to try and help fix this problem. It’s just sad that I still can’t have a descent game play on BO4. So question do I need to reset my netduma and start over. When I set my geo filter I don’t show any host or server locations. I will have to send u a screeen shot when I get home to show what it looks like. 

I selected call of duty as the game type and that set my geo filter if I remember correctly to like 947km. The first time u used the geo filter it pinged me in California. Don’t knw why. Bc I’m on the east coast. Can you tell me how to fix my geo filter problem as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you playing on PC or console?

If PC, do this please:

1. Remove the device from the device panel on the Geo-Filter

2. Go to Device Manager

3. Click on your gaming PC on the Network Map

4. Change the Device Type from a computer to a PS4

5. Go back to the Geo-Filter and add your PC again to the Geo-Filter at the top

 

If playing on a console, then make sure you added it correctly to your Device panel at the top

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Final got the Geo filter working, in my QOS what should I set my download and upload speed to? Looks like all the games I play has a ping of 45. Is that good or bad? Played a few games and still experiencing a lot of lag. I’m getting killed by players there are not in my vision but kill cam shows them right next to me. I must be at least 2 or 3 frames behind. I’m not sure what else to do.

64BD08F9-2CDD-43C4-92F7-0348AB39580A.jpeg

11FBAAF2-50DD-4DD2-B4A5-F2E7D5239283.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In Anti-Bufferbloats settings you should input the speeds you pay your ISP for. As you have it QoS is not doing anything which is why you're probably lagging even with that ping which is decent. 

Then I would suggest putting Anti-Bufferbloat to 'Always' with download & upload sliders to 70% and make sure DumaOS Classified Games is enabled in Traffic Prioritization. Games servers will not necessarily be where you live, they may also appear mislocated on the Geo-Filter Map.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Fraser I will try these settings this evening and let u knw how things turn out. Should I also selet in the Geo filter selection the Call of Duty profile? This has been a real struggle the past few days getting this up and running. I hope this works, it’s been really frustrating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Jdennis1014 said:

Thanks Fraser I will try these settings this evening and let u knw how things turn out. Should I also selet in the Geo filter selection the Call of Duty profile? This has been a real struggle the past few days getting this up and running. I hope this works, it’s been really frustrating.

If not come back and we can help out. Yes you could do that, it would just set what we feel is the optimal distance for the radius 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×