Getting disconnected from EA servers on Fifa 19 about 7 times a day.

Bradmckenzie

I’m getting disconnected from ea servers playing Fifa 19 so often now I’ve decided to change back to my bt homehub. I don’t get disconnected from any other games apart from Fifa 19. I changed back to my homehub as I don’t get disconnected. Is there any way i can sort this thanks. 

we need more info rather just saying you get disconnected in order to assist you properly.

Are you using geo filtering by any chance? If so, then you should not as EA allow users to choose servers they wish to connect to. If you do not use Geo Filtering then please let us know and if you are not usingin you homehub which has it's own built-in modem then what modem are you using to connect the netduma to? 

• Administrators

Hi Brad - which game Mode are you playing in FIFA 19? And what time of the game do you get disconnected? Is it when you search?

I assume it’s the Geo-Filter causing these disconnections - so we just need to find out the questions above and we can then give you some good steps. 

5 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

Hi Brad - which game Mode are you playing in FIFA 19? And what time of the game do you get disconnected? Is it when you search?

I assume it’s the Geo-Filter causing these disconnections - so we just need to find out the questions above and we can then give you some good steps. 

haven't got geo filter on. 

• Netduma Staff
9 hours ago, Bradmckenzie said:

haven't got geo filter on. 

Hm, now that is strange! With the Geo-Filter disabled, the Netduma R1 acts just like any other router. This suggests that your Modem isn't getting along with secondary routers - it's likely to be a more basic networking issue (rather than Netduma settings specific).

What's your NAT type on the console and in-game? If it's strict / moderate that could be the issue - try putting your Netduma into the DMZ of your modem, and try enabling UPnP. If that doesn't give you an open NAT, try port forwarding every port you need for Fifa 19. Let us know if you need a hand with that.

Also let us know your setup. It should look like this: Modem > Netduma > All Devices. If it's more complex let us know.