Black Ops 4 Crash When Host

SwiftCookie

Hey DumaFam!

Literally everytime I pull host whether it be at the start of a game or after a host migration my Blops4 app crashes. I know I'm host because I see a couple weird white boxes in game and then about 1 min later it crashes. 

Anyone else running into this issue? Legit everytime I pull host in P2P lobbies...

Helpppp!

• Administrators

By crash do you mean the lobby won't start? I think what's happening here is the game has chosen you as the host, and then because you are blocking some people outside of your range the game is unable to give you the host. Next time you think you're about to get host, quickly click Spectating Mode on your Geo-Filter. This will allow everyone through. Let us know if that works.

21 minutes ago, Netduma Admin said:

By crash do you mean the lobby won't start? I think what's happening here is the game has chosen you as the host, and then because you are blocking some people outside of your range the game is unable to give you the host. Next time you think you're about to get host, quickly click Spectating Mode on your Geo-Filter. This will allow everyone through. Let us know if that works.

Already had spectator mode on. The entire application crashes and gives me an error. 

• Administrators

That sounds like it's somewhere else then. If you're on spectating mode the router won't be blocking anything. I assume you have an Open NAT? Does this ever happen to others in the game?

11 hours ago, SwiftCookie said:

I know I'm host because I see a couple weird white boxes in game and then about 1 min later it crashes. 

Seeing those white boxes (whatever they are) doesn't mean that you're host. I played in a game and three of us could see those white boxes, it must be something else because we couldn't all be host.

I've only ever seen those boxes in P2P games though, it never seems to happen on the dedicated servers.

14 hours ago, ColonicBoom said:

Seeing those white boxes (whatever they are) doesn't mean that you're host. I played in a game and three of us could see those white boxes, it must be something else because we couldn't all be host.

I've only ever seen those boxes in P2P games though, it never seems to happen on the dedicated servers.

I've only had them when I pull host, that's not my issue though. My issue is that my blops4 app on ps4 crashes everytime I get host. 

ive also ahd this issue it nromally host migrates then the lobby drops what ive notice dbeing in AU try this aswell swift cookie is set your region to 7000 km i know its not recomended but for some reason theres a server thats in asia or japan whatever it is just above au and if its blocked on the initial start up you will not find a dedicated server game and will be stuck on P2P with long waiting times try that and it should fix alot of problems somethings up for us AU players thats the only fix i had that worked 100% of the time 

3 hours ago, MrBrutalFrosty said:

ive also ahd this issue it nromally host migrates then the lobby drops what ive notice dbeing in AU try this aswell swift cookie is set your region to 7000 km i know its not recomended but for some reason theres a server thats in asia or japan whatever it is just above au and if its blocked on the initial start up you will not find a dedicated server game and will be stuck on P2P with long waiting times try that and it should fix alot of problems somethings up for us AU players thats the only fix i had that worked 100% of the time 

that server that shows up around japan is around 30ms ping here, so it's probably in sydney. ping assist enabled between 33-50ms or so usually catches that server group

9 hours ago, SwiftCookie said:

I've only had them when I pull host, that's not my issue though. My issue is that my blops4 app on ps4 crashes everytime I get host. 

Yeah, Treyarch have done a great job with this game. 😒

I have the problem when my PS4 is connected to the R1 I cant start the game. But when I leave the first match/lobby I cannot find any lobbies anymore. When I restart Blops4, like recommended, I cant even connect to the online service anymore. Even though when I restart everything like the router too. Im now still playing on my Fritzbox. I hope there will be an update pretty soon for the DumaOs because its not really working properly. :(.

On 11/26/2018 at 3:54 AM, MrBrutalFrosty said:

Yeah I have noticed that Japanese server too, I get the same ping on that server as I do on the Sydney dedi. That shows me that I'm connecting to the Sydney dedi but possibly through some Japanese dedi for authentication. Maybe a data centre that controls Asia Pacific players. 

I just want a fix for my Blops4 app crashing when I pull host. Seems like a Treyarch issue more than anything else.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, JOE1305 said:

I have the problem when my PS4 is connected to the R1 I cant start the game. But when I leave the first match/lobby I cannot find any lobbies anymore. When I restart Blops4, like recommended, I cant even connect to the online service anymore. Even though when I restart everything like the router too. Im now still playing on my Fritzbox. I hope there will be an update pretty soon for the DumaOs because its not really working properly. :(.

Hi Joe - you must not have things setup correctly if this is happening - no one else has reported a problem like this.

Could you create a new post with a screenshot of your Geo-Filter page and a description of the issues you are having. Thanks.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, SwiftCookie said:

Yeah I have noticed that Japanese server too, I get the same ping on that server as I do on the Sydney dedi. That shows me that I'm connecting to the Sydney dedi but possibly through some Japanese dedi for authentication. Maybe a data centre that controls Asia Pacific players. 

I just want a fix for my Blops4 app crashing when I pull host. Seems like a Treyarch issue more than anything else.

I think it's more likely to be on their side or something with your line. If you are in Spectating Mode and have an open NAT, it would be very unlikely for the router to be the cause.

23 minutes ago, Netduma Admin said:

Hi Joe - you must not have things setup correctly if this is happening - no one else has reported a problem like this.

Could you create a new post with a screenshot of your Geo-Filter page and a description of the issues you are having. Thanks.

I will try to do the next days when i play again. Its strange but its real :(

On 11/25/2018 at 12:24 PM, MrBrutalFrosty said:

I've tried this with the Atlanta server and I wait 4 hrs this morning for a game. I turned it to spectating mode and it takes 15 mins to join a lobby then half way through the white boxes pop up and it kicks me says lost connection to host