Keep getting servers outside geo filter range

Vicnyc1

I set up my geo filter in a bout a 600 miles radius and I still get hosts or servers outside my geo filter. Why is the geo filter not working. I’m in NY and I get connect to the west  coast. Is this a Netduma problem or BO4 issue and is there a fix to this? 

• Administrators
11 hours ago, Vicnyc1 said:

I’m getting a 30-40 ping, which isn’t too bad but there’s still a lot of lag on certain games. I’ll untick fast search and see if that works. Thanks 

There's some more info here about Ping Assis which may help you too:  http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000087579--dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-ping-assist

• 1 year later...

hello im kinda having the same issues my ping assist is off and so is fast search im in wa state i set my filter to cover whole state of Oregon about 600 mi so that i only connect to oregon servers but keep getting code leaf and the geo-filter map shows servers outside of radius and whats weird is this server always seems to be lit up. idk if can see names of pics but if not the 1st one after hitting X 2: after hitting X sitting n lobby 3: before hitting X 4:  after hitting X again.

geo pic before hitting X.png

geo pic after hitting X.png

after hitting X just sitting n lobby.png

after hittinmg X again.png

just realized this is for cod im palying Apex..

figured id add  this so the ip that keeps showing by Spain i think that is 109.169.71.232 and i looked it up ill upload screen shot also 

screen shot of look up.png

• Administrators
15 hours ago, gods777soldier said:

hello im kinda having the same issues my ping assist is off and so is fast search im in wa state i set my filter to cover whole state of Oregon about 600 mi so that i only connect to oregon servers but keep getting code leaf and the geo-filter map shows servers outside of radius and whats weird is this server always seems to be lit up. idk if can see names of pics but if not the 1st one after hitting X 2: after hitting X sitting n lobby 3: before hitting X 4:  after hitting X again.

just realized this is for cod im palying Apex..

figured id add  this so the ip that keeps showing by Spain i think that is 109.169.71.232 and i looked it up ill upload screen shot also 

The server being allowed in the UK has been whitelisted as it is required for online play. We need to do a cloud updated for Apex to prevent the issue you're experiencing. As you can select the server on Apex I would suggest doing that for now and using Spectating Mode on the Geo so you can still monitor the connection.

The same problem happens with me, I have the xr500 when I use the geofilter it connects me to servers outside my radio and when it connects to nearby servers it marks me an amount of ms in the router and another amount in the ps4, for example if the geofilter  mark a ping of 30 in the game I have it in 50 a difference of 20ms, why does this happen?

• Administrators
On 6/26/2020 at 6:20 AM, Klaox said:

The same problem happens with me, I have the xr500 when I use the geofilter it connects me to servers outside my radio and when it connects to nearby servers it marks me an amount of ms in the router and another amount in the ps4, for example if the geofilter  mark a ping of 30 in the game I have it in 50 a difference of 20ms, why does this happen?

Hey, welcome to the forum!

You likely have Ping Assist which allows games outside your radius if it's under your limit. The ping difference is due to the game adding things like processing delay to their calculation, all games have it but not all choose to calculate it. Basically it is normal to see that.