26 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have any of the issues listed that have still not been fixed

• QoS Issues
    • Geofilter cloud Issues
    • Allow and deny server issues
    • UPnP Issues
    • Connection issues
    • Hardware issues
    • Do you want ping Assist included in the next firmware (Netgear Users)
    • Do you Want Hybrid VPN Included in the next firmware (netgear Users)
    • Do you want a Pinned DUMA OS thread telling people of current known issues and workarounds

On 11/19/2018 at 1:04 AM, Mement said:

As it stands Netgear users are very frustrated with their current duma OS due to:

The Geo Filter Currently doesn't work as it should due to cloud server misplacement issues

The Allow and deny servers doesn't work either as it should due to whatever issues etc 

QoS kinda works better on the download then the upload (for me anyways)

These core components of DUMA OS are the reason a large majority of the people bought this gaming router in the first place

These problems should be treated with highest of priority by Netduma within a timely manner there is no need to keep passing the blame on to netgear  or avoiding peoples questions regarding these matters

There needs to be more transparency with your consumers acknowledging what the current problems are because everybody I see coming to the forum at this current time is asking the same set of questions 

Please dedicate a pinned thread telling people of known issues and workarounds if any

Not doing so is  just adding to the frustration of the consumers as well as yourselves its wasting a lot of peoples time

Also What is so wrong in offering us ping assist in beta at this time  if you unable to offer any respite with the current problems it may help

We may be able to work it out together

Some how there must be a way to solve the current divide that is starting to become more apparent as the days go on

What I'm failing to understand is the R-apps where initially created for a specific reason by Netduma and that is ease of expandability

Most of these DUMA OS features are an R-App and are Independent to Netgears actual router firmware

Quotes from this link -  https://rapps.dumaos.com

"R-Apps are independent features on your router. Just like an app on your smartphone, each R-App solves a problem to give you the best connection possible.

It is so easy to add new R-Apps to your router. This extendibility means you will always have the latest, powerful features to take control of your network.

Yet as Netgear DUMO OS Users we are unable to test the new R_apps in beta ourselves or even experience them or have our issues fixed without having to wait for them to be implemented by Netgear as part of their annual/ seasonal router firmware update whenever that may be

The current issues are unacceptable and even more-so with the new features being released on the R1 that Netgear users may find beneficial right now

I created this thread because personally i don't think enough is being done to rectify any of the current issues

Read my post above which id posted on the 19th of november in another thread

It talks about how i feel ive had issues since the 10th of may this year when i bought this router and the problems are still very much still ongoing 

If your dealing with any of the problems above please do the poll and share any of your feelings here if you feel the same 

1 hour ago, Netduma Admin said:

Hi Mement,

Thank you for all the feedback. User feedback and ideas are a big part of our continued improvement and development and I appreciate that by posting this you are just looking to get the best for the Nighthawk Pro Gaming range and for DumaOS. To address your main points: (This wasnt meant to be feedback thread this was in the support section as it details my problems that are still unfixed also the post was meant so other people could add to it too, How are people with issues going to see this now as it been moved to the feedback forum which dilutes the thread)

Cloud - we are fully aware this needs an improvement and it has been treated as a matter of priority. We're working on a pretty amazing solution which should nail this area once and for all. We hope to announce more on this soon. Joseph joined our team and this has been his main focus (http://forum.netduma.com/topic/27023-new-member-of-development-team/)(6 months don't sound like priority to me)

Allow and deny servers - we're aware there was an issue with Deny on the previous XR500 firmware. This should be fixed in the next firmware release (previous you mean current)

QoS - think this is just a specific use case here - the benefits QoS is giving all our users has been extremely positive (do create a thread though if you need help on your specific issue, if you haven't already) (Ive spoke about and made threads on various occasions other users have mentioned this too)

"There is no need to keep passing the blame on to netgear or avoiding peoples questions regarding these matters" - this has not been our intention at any point. After the mistakes we made in announcing DumaOS on the R1 far too prematurely, we are careful to only make commitments once things are completed  / close to complete. NETGEAR are the same. For example, when they're testing the next firmware release, they won't commit to a release date until they know it's ready. Testing software is complicated after all. I realise that can make it frustrating while you wait, but it doesn't mean either NETGEAR or ourselves are being deaf to our users needs - it wasn't by luck that Ping Assist was rolled out in this first Milestone (I bought this router on may the 10th 2018 the DUMO OS the core features should have worked out the box but they don't, it is now 23rd of November you say you learnt by your earlier mistakes but it doest seem you have)

"Please dedicate a pinned thread telling people of known issues and workarounds" - this is a good idea. We are currently doing this for the R1 Open Beta, so we can do a general DumaOS one too. (I did recommend this on November the 14th)

R-Apps - as you said, R-Apps make it so much easier for us to develop, which is why you will be seeing many more milestones over the coming months full of new features that make your DumaOS powered router become even more powerful. Right now, new R-Apps, like Hybrid VPN, roll out as part of an overall firmware. But we'll have something soon that will change this. (My current R_apps that where on my router on the may 10th still have issues?)

Thanks again for your comments - DumaOS is only going to get better and better and I hope you'll be there the whole way with us on this exciting journey.

Best,

Luke

Agreed on it not being Support - but we appreciate Mement is being constructive so we'll move it to the Feedback forum. I'll delete the convo you had to keep the topic on track! (see my above answers in bold it is in fact a support issue?)

like i said in my previous post I have listed my issues within the first post i have had since may the 10th may, I have also said they are still ongoing so that is in fact a support issue!!!

I would also you didn't delete all the posts that have been added so far I want this to be seen that my has just has just being edited by forum staff

• Netduma Admin changed the title to Duma OS Current Issues Poll
  • Administrators
40 minutes ago, Mement said:

like i said in my previous post I have listed my issues within the first post i have had since may the 10th may, I have also said they are still ongoing so that is in fact a support issue!!!

I would also you didn't delete all the posts that have been added so far I want this to be seen that my has just has just being edited by forum staff

The post specifically isn't asking for support which is why it was moved.

Post from a mod about moving the topic was deleted thats all to keep the comments on topic

The dude previously moved this thread from support to off topic

when i asked about why it was moved and reported it someone else moved it from off topic then it got moved to feedback 

There is no need to manipulate it was very much on topic

I will not carry this thread on nor will I seek anymore help on this forum at this current time i am getting nowhere

so far Im £250 out of pocket for a device that on day 1 had its core components broken and 6 moths later still has the same problem

go figure

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2018 at 8:06 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

It wasn't manipulated we haven't edited anything you've said, just placed it somewhere better in the forum thats all that's happened. You raised good points that we've addressed/heard.

somewhere better? (See under)

You raised good points that we've addressed/heard? (Which points have been addressed/fixed?)

Seems moving this thread from the support section has made this poll more or less null/void to the actual statistics as it is quite hidden from anyone visiting the support section that would have definitely voted/commented or been aware of current problems had it stayed there

I think that hiding posts like this and your unwillingness to be transparent in any way just causes unnecessary stress and loss to consumers 

Its crazy that a lot of people have paid hard earned cash for these items and still we are loosing more time and more money trying to sort a situation that is still ongoing  be it from people purchasing it for the first time or people waiting for a fix or people thinking there is something wrong with their internet

Its pretty sad and unjustified to say the least

• Administrators

The support forum is for helping with support. This topic is asking for peoples feedback which is why it's been moved here, it has not been hidden.

You can refer to our code of conduct here: 

I exclusively view new posts made so I can see what has been posted in all forums, I'm sure a lot of others do the same as well. 

A lot of companies don't go into the specifics of next updates due to the unpredictability of development, therefore to suggest things may be in an update that then had to be delayed for some reason would be more frustrating for the user. Rest assured we are very aware of what is going on in the forum and the issues people have raised, we're actively monitoring it 14hrs a day during the week and 12hrs a day at the weekend. We're not ignoring anything or trying to hide/be non-transparent. We're always working on making the product better.

Im not quite sure why your referring to the code of conduct as my topic was on point for anyone visiting the support section that was having issues but it is now in the Feature ideas & Improvements sub-forum I don't think it belongs here as its not describing any feature ideas or improvements it is describing current issues

also it was in no way intended to toxic, insulting, or anything else 

And going back to our previous posts you said 

You raised good points that we've addressed/heard?

Which points have been addressed/fixed?

Thank you guys, I like your compromise with the users, I think I made the right desision to drop my Asus router and buy the xr500,  I like when developers communicate with the community and gives us a close and kind answer to our concerns, keep the great work 

• Netduma Staff
15 hours ago, Mement said:

Im not quite sure why your referring to the code of conduct as my topic was on point for anyone visiting the support section that was having issues but it is now in the Feature ideas & Improvements sub-forum I don't think it belongs here as its not describing any feature ideas or improvements it is describing current issues

also it was in no way intended to toxic, insulting, or anything else 

And going back to our previous posts you said 

You raised good points that we've addressed/heard?

Which points have been addressed/fixed?

There's good reason for it Mement - this forum has to be managed by folks like us. We're not trying to stamp you out or limit your freedom of speech - heck, it's in our best interest to actually get the results of polls like these. The point is, our support section is built for people experiencing issues so that technical support can be given efficiently. There can't be any crossover there between people with actual issues and things like polls / discussions, no matter what the content within might be.

As for which of these issues has been addressed, pretty much every single one has been. The issues with UPnP and the Deny feature are up there with our top priorities (albeit there's no time-frame on bug fixes. I could go into why, but the reasons should be obvious enough). Hardware issues lie with Netgear who are aware of a few, we have a Geo-Filter cloud update on the way, and the features requested here should be making it onto Nighthawks soon enough. Anyone who asks is welcome to this kind of information; we don't announce it outright since it's risky and can lead to disappointment (and many worse outcomes).

Thank you for opening this poll in the first place, we love that you're so passionate about getting these sorted for everyone. I realise it's frustrating not being able to see behind the scenes. All I can do is assure you that there's good reasons for everything, and we're working hard to get fixes and features ready.