Severe Wifi Speed Drop

EricSe7en

I configured it as a soon as I posted the last reply, it’s the same.

Checked Hybrid, it was on so turned it off, same speed.

I can’t do anything to it at the moment as even though I’m connected to it, it’s not opening any pages.

• Administrators

Did you change any settings prior to not being able to access the interface? Are you trying to access through http://dumaos? If so use the IP instead. When did you purchase the router and did you always have these speed issues?

29 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Did you change any settings prior to not being able to access the interface? Are you trying to access through http://dumaos? If so use the IP instead. When did you purchase the router and did you always have these speed issues?

I didn’t change any setting, I always access through the IP address. 

I’ve had it a few years, 2015 maybe? 

I’ve always noticed the WiFi dropping, but just put it down to it being teething problems as I was an early adopter. 

I cant remember a single test when I’ve got more than 30+. It never really bothered me, my PS was wired, and as long as others could stream it wasn’t an issue. It’s got worse lately though. WiFi drops a number of times a day, speeds can be anything from 0.01-25, there just no consistency. 

Everytime I check the sky hub I’m getting 50+, I just can’t understand why it’s behaving so poorly.

• Administrators

Theres no other things I can suggest really as there aren't that many wireless options and you are getting expected speeds through wired. It may just be that the hardware is getting older but you're outside your warranty. I'll forward to devs to see if they have any other suggestions.

16 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Theres no other things I can suggest really as there aren't that many wireless options and you are getting expected speeds through wired. It may just be that the hardware is getting older but you're outside your warranty. I'll forward to devs to see if they have any other suggestions.

Well that's a blow :(

I've moved the R1 to my office today, used new ethernet cables and tested from various locations. I did get over 30mbs at one point, but again this is much lower than my Sky Hub. It just feels like the R1 is incapable of giving what my Sky Hub does.

If I'm outside of warranty, I'll probably just box it. I'm not dropping another £150 on a router in the hope it'll work. 

Is there any option on returning it to you guys to get it looked at?