Internet drops on the XR500 and info regarding development 1.3

I have notice that my XR500 constantly drops my internet both hardwire and WiFi having me to have to reset the router. On my phone I get disconnected from WiFi and on my Xbox I get a message saying “Can’t connect to your DHCP server” any setting adjustment to help prevent this?

Is there anywhere we can find info on the progress of milestone development 1.3 for the XR500? 

Thank you for your time

• Netduma Staff

Hi - when this happens, does it happen on all devices at the same time? Have you tried setting a static IP on the affected devices? Does this happen at a certain time of day, and are you doing anything in particular when it happens? Next time it happens, reboot the XR500 and see if that resolves it (to narrow down the issue).

I know this is happening hardwired as well, but you should download a channel analyser and change your WiFi channel to the least congested one.

As for Milestone 1.3, there's no tracker for progress on it. There might be something like this in the future, but for now it's hard for Netgear to say for sure when it'll be completed. Releasing any kind of dates is risky business if nothing is set in stone. It's their top priority though I believe :) 

Had this ongoing since release and the only real fix that’s worked at all has been beta firmware that Frazier sent over.  Fingers crossed I’m on the update right now and so far I’ve not had it happen again, but there’s been many weeks it’s been ok then suddenly started doing this over again daily.  Mine seems to just totally reboot itself kick everybody then when booted back up is ok again, but that’s not ideal when gaming or in the middle of anything online really. Still haven’t figured out the source of the issue and the only help you’ll get is here unless you want to PAY NETGEAR for support on a 300 dollar fn router they do nothing, like actually ignoring you nothing over on their forum. If you manage to get help over there you’ll notice it’s only from the Duma guys that are here.   Good luck tho and I hope your frustration is shorter lived than mines been. 

• Administrators
45 minutes ago, Sol0flyerz said:

Had this ongoing since release and the only real fix that’s worked at all has been beta firmware that Frazier sent over.  Fingers crossed I’m on the update right now and so far I’ve not had it happen again, but there’s been many weeks it’s been ok then suddenly started doing this over again daily.  Mine seems to just totally reboot itself kick everybody then when booted back up is ok again, but that’s not ideal when gaming or in the middle of anything online really. Still haven’t figured out the source of the issue and the only help you’ll get is here unless you want to PAY NETGEAR for support on a 300 dollar fn router they do nothing, like actually ignoring you nothing over on their forum. If you manage to get help over there you’ll notice it’s only from the Duma guys that are here.   Good luck tho and I hope your frustration is shorter lived than mines been. 

It's rebooting itself? Its not overheating is it? In the debug page theres a log you can capture and then after reboot hopefully it should still be available, that would help Netgear diagnose