My best BO4 DumaOS setting that eliminates Shoot-first-die-first

Chaiyoabc

2 minutes ago, lllRL said:

I said I've seen it before, not that I see it present tense. Plus with the connections I've seen many Americans get on even the worst quality ISPs (like jittery cable providers), I don't think you have to worry about foreigners lmao

I actually said it in jest to begin with. lol. If there were a lot trying to purposely fudge it for the glory of their k/d, i'd be irritated but don't think that is gonna be a big impact.  You're right we have enough americans with crappy connections. 

All in all, i really don't believe anyone is screwing the experience up but treyarc.  The update fudged it for the PS and the exact same update fudged it for the Xbox the following week. When/If they fix it i think it will be buttery smooth for everyone again regardless of where... for the most part.  They just need to get it right and then quit adjusting the game every other week.

1 hour ago, Urge said:

I actually said it in jest to begin with. lol. If there were a lot trying to purposely fudge it for the glory of their k/d, i'd be irritated but don't think that is gonna be a big impact.  You're right we have enough americans with crappy connections. 

All in all, i really don't believe anyone is screwing the experience up but treyarc.  The update fudged it for the PS and the exact same update fudged it for the Xbox the following week. When/If they fix it i think it will be buttery smooth for everyone again regardless of where... for the most part.  They just need to get it right and then quit adjusting the game every other week.

I don't think there's anything they can do with the matchmaking to improve a game that's so flawed deep down. I mean, they bump the update rates to 60Hz on the downstream and suddenly every player in a lobby is teleporting? Lol

I played two and a game games a month ago and haven't been back since. What an absolute mess. 

On 11/27/2018 at 7:56 AM, Dan said:

Not tried on multiplayer but on blackout playing on USA servers from the UK has been no different to playing on UK ones.

Have even tried playing straight off a Netgear R7000 without R1 (no Bufferbloat or Geo) and had the best run of games since launch. Game play is occasionally a bit twitchy.

Can't really do any substantive testing in Blackout being a single life mode. 

Yeah, it's almost impossible to get a feel for the head-to-head connection in Blackout - as you'll only meet each person once in the game and there can be minutes in between gunfights anyway.

On 11/27/2018 at 3:14 PM, N3CR0 said:

Not necessarily, I had many many perfect matches on the NY/NJ server on IW @ 80ms. Played better for me than the UK server @ 7ms.

You can definitely get on the lucky side of it and end up being the sponge yourself but you should be able to tell pretty quickly when you're on a higher ping server. In a head-to-head most people will seem to take an extra bullet or two often leading to you dying, that's down to the extra delay, you're already dead but your Xbox doesn't know it yet, it's just geography.

How can you tell anyway? You're always saying you can't play because of your interleaving, which would almost certainly ensure you don't ever get 7ms to the UK.

I'm not saying the local server is always good (far from it) and there will be plenty of people on your local server with a horrendous connection but 100ms is quite a long time in a game, you can almost count 10ths of a second out loud.

21 hours ago, ColonicBoom said:

How can you tell anyway? You're always saying you can't play because of your interleaving, which would almost certainly ensure you don't ever get 7ms to the UK.

I can sure as hell tell the difference between playing on interleaving and non interleaving.

Plus, I'm talking about IW... which I retired from months ago. Haven't tried playing BOps4 on anything but the UK server as I rarely play the game anyways.

On 11/26/2018 at 4:22 PM, Dan said:

Get shot first, move the sliders whilst the Poxy  respawn map appears.

Also tell the ex, who will sue your brother and he'll stop uploading

Upload limited to 1%  in simple words can be  called   LAG SWITCh.   So ur trying to  make a  Lag switch using Netduma  Router feature ??   

( although not total lag switch but  limiting   bandwidth  especially upload   is  what  Lag switch does)  u do more damage & ofcourse take less  because ur  one  laggy fu.....r !   

• Netduma Staff
17 hours ago, S13 said:

Upload limited to 1%  in simple words can be  called   LAG SWITCh.   So ur trying to  make a  Lag switch using Netduma  Router feature ??   

( although not total lag switch but  limiting   bandwidth  especially upload   is  what  Lag switch does)  u do more damage & ofcourse take less  because ur  one  laggy fu.....r !   

I'm pretty sure it's impossible to manipulate the network to your advantage with DumaOS - we don't believe in cheating. Throttling your connection with Anti-Bufferbloat shouldn't work in the same way, and the R1 has built in anti-cheat processes.

Game has been playing horribly for me after the update pings are lower but i cant win no gun fights my kd was a 4.62 and it has dropped to a 4.44 because every match im struggling to kill people. Nothing is smooth.

5 hours ago, Dan said:

What settings should I use when I want to throw a tomahawk

I'd recommend 70/70, lucky underpants, a prayer to Vondehaar (or some voodoo pins if you feel so inclined) and pray that you don't get a lobby full of laggers.

I haven't changed my sliders from 70/70 and my KD has been steadily rising (rapidly actually), I just put that down to this strange phenomenon called 'improvement' due to this thing some people call 'practise'. It's very strange, the more I play the better I seem to get.

Hehe.

Jokes aside, it's good to see users willing to share their experiences with others to overcome the issues we face every year. BO4 does seem to have come with a "new and improved" version of mucking it up and there aren't any quick fixes.

Some recommendations must be taken with a pinch of salt. People rush to make misunderstood changes and complain when the magic doesn't happen. Worse still they can make the problem.

Use proven methods where you can, a DNS benchmark will advise your best DNS server (mine had never recommended my router).

You don't need to saturate your connection with HD content to play online - unless you are stream sniping YouTube content creators. 

Accept that B04 and its matchmaking still need much work.

Personally I am glad that I play only on console now that aim bot has arrived on PC.

On 12/3/2018 at 9:08 AM, Netduma Jack said:

I'm pretty sure it's impossible to manipulate the network to your advantage with DumaOS - we don't believe in cheating. Throttling your connection with Anti-Bufferbloat shouldn't work in the same way, and the R1 has built in anti-cheat processes.

If that is true, then once you are connected to a server, there shouldn't be any way to alter the connection performance mid game. His tactics involve changing router settings mid game in order to improve his K/D performance. This very much sounds like a lag switch type mechanic. Maybe he found a glitch in the matrix and is abusing it. It's worth checking out instead of just passing it as a non-issue.

30 minutes ago, xolhid said:

If that is true, then once you are connected to a server, there shouldn't be any way to alter the connection performance mid game. His tactics involve changing router settings mid game in order to improve his K/D performance. This very much sounds like a lag switch type mechanic. Maybe he found a glitch in the matrix and is abusing it. It's worth checking out instead of just passing it as a non-issue.

Bigger pinch required........ Throttling is nothing new.

1% of his bandwidth is 1mb down and 400kbps up. Per DUMAOS the game uses between 70 and 150kbps on the download and 30-80kbps on the upload so there is plenty of headroom and I don't see this as a lag switch.

He also mentions saturation which is counter-intuitive when using an R1. Would think that This will affect his download and impair his game unless the R1 is doing its job of course.

Matchmaking is so bizarre compared to other games. I'll be on a UK server at 6ms then a USA (misplaced or very bad) at 250ms. This alone would screw up any underhand strategy. 

1 hour ago, xolhid said:

He hasn't found a glitch in the matrix, he's found that the more you practise the better you get.

If he'd found a 'fix', then it wouldn't keep changing drastically would it? It certainly wouldn't go from 99/99, to 99/1. Those numbers are opposite ends of the spectrum, that's basically saying "sometimes it's good to do one thing, other times you should do the exact opposite". And the changes between 99/99, 100/99, 99/98, are such small changes in bandwidth that they're irrelevant, your bandwidth will fluctuate by at least that much naturally at different times in the day anyway.

The testing methods are flawed in every way, there's no 'control' test, there's no isolation or restriction applied to nearly all of the vast number of variables in any given match. Testing BO4 is a mess of never ending variables, it's untestable and the result is unprovable. 

We might as well be trying to eat water from a sieve with a fork.

26 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

There will be an update out very soon on our end, so hopefully that will improve the game experience but we'll let you know once its available.

nice amigo i love the original r1 firm

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

There will be an update out very soon on our end, so hopefully that will improve the game experience but we'll let you know once its available.

What would the update be addressing? I'm intrigued... I haven't played BO4 since early November because it's a mess and my connection's a mess anyway. 

• Administrators
47 minutes ago, lllRL said:

What would the update be addressing? I'm intrigued... I haven't played BO4 since early November because it's a mess and my connection's a mess anyway. 

It'll be a cloud update so some whitelisting, correcting miscategorized peers as servers etc

• Netduma Staff
2 hours ago, Dan said:

Will that hit R1 original too,?

You mean the original firmware? It should do yeah - not sure on the technicalities of it. The cloud update is close now so you'll find out soon enough :D