ALLOW DENY NOT WORKING....ANNOYING NOW!!!!!

Getting really annoying now, I've already mentioned this problem on here before and yet the problem remains.

I add a peer/dedicated server to my allow/deny list (which takes a bit tbh, as I now play the same lobby at least 3 times before adding to the list) and STILL I get put into games where I have blocked that peer/dedicated server. 

At £250, which I paid for this, its very disappointing, especially after how good the original Netduma R1 was (even with the little issues it had). We didn't get ping assist from the off (I know its in the pipework), but that was a very powerful weapon on the R1, for me at least, yet DumaOs didn't have it from launch.

The only way I can now  ensure I leave a lobby is by writing on the allow/deny service in capital letters so I spot it before I join, photo added from game a moment ago to show

On a side note, I have noticed that from time to time the auto ping disables, usually only spotted after some amazing deaths just to find after pinging it manually it has the same tag as the attached pic.

I know you have a drawn out process with netgear, but as lovely as this interface is compared to the original, the original at least done what it said on the tin.

Sorry but soooo disappointed with this product as it stands, the gutter is I sild my original R1 to a mate who is having a ball 

Screenshot 2018-11-20 at 23.36.41.png

• Administrators

The problem remains as there hasn't been an update on the Netgear side for quite some time, I believe this has been fixed already on DumaOS so waiting along with you as well. I understand your frustration.

In terms of auto ping disabling itself its probably because you're clicking the X on the auto ping panel to close it. Which is not needed because it will just change the information within that panel when you join another game so by clicking that X it's assuming you don't want the feature enabled anymore

Thanks for the very quick reply so late Fraser.

Just want to say that I do not click on the X on the panel that shows what the xr500 is pinging, as I found out not to long after the purchase that clicking on X on that panel stopped the auto ping completely.....which tbh should maybe pull up a confirm box!

Guess your stuck in the bureaucracy of Netgear to say when this fix will actually appear for us on the frontline, as I get the feeling they aint to bothered now they have the cash!!!

• Netduma Staff
10 hours ago, Guilders said:

Thanks for the very quick reply so late Fraser.

Just want to say that I do not click on the X on the panel that shows what the xr500 is pinging, as I found out not to long after the purchase that clicking on X on that panel stopped the auto ping completely.....which tbh should maybe pull up a confirm box!

Guess your stuck in the bureaucracy of Netgear to say when this fix will actually appear for us on the frontline, as I get the feeling they aint to bothered now they have the cash!!!

That's a good spot with Auto-ping, thanks for letting us know. I'll catch up with the developers and see if that's considered a bug / getting fixed or not.

As for Netgear, it's all going really well. Our tongues aren't 'tied' per-se - it's more that Netgear just don't want to announce when the new version will be out in case there are issues along the way. It's nothing to do with a cash grab - we plan to support DumaOS for all platforms for a long time. This issue will get fixed one of these updates, and Ping Assist will be yours when Netgear is ready to launch it!

Cheers Jack and no probs.

In relation to my cash grab sentence, it wasn't aimed at the netduma team, it was aimed at Netgear.

I know you guys are very proud and have worked hard to get your software where it is today, and things will only get better.

Just its very infuriating when these issues with allow/deny have been going on for a while, and the only thing thats holding the fix back is Netgear

• Netduma Staff
46 minutes ago, Guilders said:

Cheers Jack and no probs.

In relation to my cash grab sentence, it wasn't aimed at the netduma team, it was aimed at Netgear.

I know you guys are very proud and have worked hard to get your software where it is today, and things will only get better.

Just its very infuriating when these issues with allow/deny have been going on for a while, and the only thing thats holding the fix back is Netgear

We get your frustration - you're not the only one taking issue with the situation. We hope to find a solution with Netgear that allows for updates to roll out at the same time for each DumaOS powered router, but we can't say for certain when this will happen. Thank you for the support :)

Wait, is the answer to this that the "deny" feature shown in the OS doesnt work and needs a firmware update (currently unscheduled) to actually work?

Please let me know. I can still return this router, and geo-filter hasnt ever really worked consistently yet. I am not sure if it is random chance that I get a good game, or the router.

I thought I was getting geo-filter support, but I was just put into a destiny game with a 280ms auto-ping after I denied that host in Australia previously, and restarted the game (thanks to advice in another thread), and queued back into the SAME GAME and guess what; It was a terrible unplayable experience.  

The ID of the server I denied is 8f3621ecd32ec9ce.

If this router cant prevent connections over 250+ms to hosts 7500 miles away, I am not sure what good it is, honestly. QoS and making sure my base ping is good is meaningless if the difference is 280 vs 300ms. My base ping to 8.8.8.8, wired, is 10ms FWIW. 

I get that you guys dont want to be quoted on a time frame of another companies release schedule (I am sure that Netgear doesnt know), but this is a feature that is marketed, not some oddball quirk of a feature that is rarely accessed. This is what I bought the router for based on advertising... And it doesnt work, and there is no real timeline to fix it?

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

It looks like the deny function of allow/deny feature isn't working correctly for all users. This should already be fixed on our latest versions of DumaOS so when Netgear update it should be included.

That's not your main issue though, for you its why you're connecting that far away and certainly sounds like incorrect settings so would advise you make a new topic regarding your issues with a full screenshot of the Geo-Filter page

28 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

It looks like the deny function of allow/deny feature isn't working correctly for all users. This should already be fixed on our latest versions of DumaOS so when Netgear update it should be included.

That's not your main issue though, for you its why you're connecting that far away and certainly sounds like incorrect settings so would advise you make a new topic regarding your issues with a full screenshot of the Geo-Filter page

Awesome. Just a straight up screenshot? Or Screenshots of sub settings?

Like this?

IYIxPaT.jpg

Setup advice is pretty sparse, but I have followed it pretty well, including not booting up my game until all my settings are right. 

Also, do I have to have the router page open when playing? I cant find any post on that. 

I also have the same problem as the Op. Which when I say is really unfortunate is an understatement..  I sure hope Netgear pushes out this firmware a lot sooner then later. Im definitely having second thoughts about this router..

• Netduma Staff
4 hours ago, Zippy said:

I also have the same problem as the Op. Which when I say is really unfortunate is an understatement..  I sure hope Netgear pushes out this firmware a lot sooner then later. Im definitely having second thoughts about this router..

Trust me when I say the XR500 is the top priority for Netgear. The period we're in is a strange one - it's only taking a long time to get updates out because so much adaptation needs to happen, for both us and Netgear. This partnership over DumaOS is a big thing for both of us. Give it some time, the situation will improve (and this next update won't be long now I don't think).

16 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

Trust me when I say the XR500 is the top priority for Netgear. The period we're in is a strange one - it's only taking a long time to get updates out because so much adaptation needs to happen, for both us and Netgear. This partnership over DumaOS is a big thing for both of us. Give it some time, the situation will improve (and this next update won't be long now I don't think).

No worries Jack.. I can understand that things like this do take time. Im sure over time things will smooth out and gel much better between both Netduma and Netgear. And trust me I want Netduma to succeed in everyway possible. Ive noticed that some that make third party firmware are even watching what Netduma is doing.. They have taken notice. Most of your big box router companies make awesome hardware. Its usually there firmware/software that is problematic.. So that is why I think Netduma and Netgear make a good match.. Specially for us gamers.. 👍 Thanks for your reply!

• Netduma Staff
7 hours ago, Zippy said:

No worries Jack.. I can understand that things like this do take time. Im sure over time things will smooth out and gel much better between both Netduma and Netgear. And trust me I want Netduma to succeed in everyway possible. Ive noticed that some that make third party firmware are even watching what Netduma is doing.. They have taken notice. Most of your big box router companies make awesome hardware. Its usually there firmware/software that is problematic.. So that is why I think Netduma and Netgear make a good match.. Specially for us gamers.. 👍 Thanks for your reply!

Awesome Zippy, thanks for the support! The best software and the best hardware has always been our number one goal. I reckon it's now accomplished - now it's a case of improving the formula, improving the speed of update releases and upgrading our innovation. It's an exciting time! :D