Netduma Capping My Speed

Hello Guys,

I recently upgraded my internet and im not getting my full speed what ive paid for, ive searched through the forums to find fixes but havent found anything so im posting my own issue.

I currently pay for 77 down and 20 up and put the figures into the set bandwidth section but the duma will only give me 16 down whilst the upload is fine which is confusing as i get around 17 up. I've tried the the things you guys have suggested to other users regarding reactive algorithm cc sliders at 100 disable IPv6 in lan wan and misc share excess ticked device prioritisation reset i normally am able to figure out how to fix things regarding my internet but this one i just cant wrap my head around it, i also let the duma auto configure my speeds and no joy. when i connect through my ISP router my speeds are fine and as they should be ive quadruple checked and made sure the relevant things are ticked and unticked in my settings im testing through cat 6 cable wired to my laptop. Ive even gone into my ISP router and disabled IPv from there too. Duma is in DMZ aswell and im not sure if its something to do with WAN but im just assuming cause ive thought about everything else. The other option is to factory reset the duma but i thought id come here 1st

my router is the sky hub 3.0

Thank You

• Administrators

Thats really odd. The only other thing I could suggest would be to input your speeds higher than they actually are and auto allow setup. Start small like 20mbps above, see if it works, if not go incrementally higher until 999 

Still no joy went all the way up to 999 aswell. ive added some images of my speedtest results the 1st one is duma  and the 2nd one is my ISP something strange happened aswell not sure if its a bug but i set my download and upload bandwidth to a lower amount then what speeds i was getting, i set it to 5 down and 5 up and ran a test but i was still getting around the same speeds as the duma speedtest results.

speed test.png

speed test 2.png

• Administrators

Okay just to clarify, you had the R1 before you upgraded the internet and you got full speeds, is that correct? Before the upgrade were you on a different provider or were you still with Sky?

If not then I know Sky do require some authentication which you can take a look at how to do that here: 

Also sometimes ISPs don't like a new router coming into the mix so could set the MAC address of the R1 as the MAC address of the previous router, that can fix speed issues

Yes had the duma before I upgraded and worked perfect, I was with sky previously aswell. That link you sent me was the same one I used previously used for that sky router in the image, they since sent me an upgraded one and I followed the same steps as it’s not much difference but the results are way different. In regards to the MAC address I copied the current ISP router MAC address into the R1 settings but still getting the slow speeds you want me to hook up the R1 to my previous ISP router and see if it  still happening, I will do that and give an update in due timing.

• Administrators

Hi - that would be good if you can hook it up to your previous router to see if that improves things.

One other thing you can try is upgrading to the latest firmware, DumaOS. It is a big improvement on the current firmware and is much more user friendly at helping you reach top speeds:

https://netduma.com/r1-dumaos/

One thing you may need to do is go to >QoS >Anti-Bufferbloat and click on the Burger menu in the top let corner of the Anti-Bufferbloat panel. From there, Disable QoS and click Proceed at the warning message. See if that solves your problem.

• Administrators

Could you take a screenshot of your QoS / Congestion Control page so we can check they're ok?

Any reason you do not want to upgrade to DumaOS? It's fine if not, it just might solve your problem