DumaOS not working at all with Blackops 4

BOOMRAD

Hi there. I have been massively struggling with the new dumaos and blackops 4.

• The geofilter doesnt seem to work as i get connected to servers outside of my circle.
  • I get pinged back to the home screen when trying to enter matches.
  • Pings of over 100ms despite ping assist being at 50ms
  • Way more peer to peer connections when geo filter is on
  • Spectator mode still stops me connecting to good connections
  • The QOS does work properly as even with a 1gb connection it stops my tv streaming.

I have an open nat with open ports for cod games set. I have tried geo on and off with strict on and off.

HELP!!!!

• Administrators

Ping Assist connects you to games under your ping limit which can sometimes be outside your radius. Especially if a host is mislocated on the Geo-Filter match but means you don't miss out on the chance of a good game. For pings over 100ms are you looking at the in game ping or Geo-Filter ping?

Likelihood that some hosts are marked as peers when they should be dedicated, you can check by looking up their domain names. I've posted here some suggestions I've posted elsewhere also:

It has been suggested by others to leave the Geo-Filter on Spectating Mode with your Geo-Filter settings done. Then boot up the game. When you're in the lobby then enable Filtering Mode. Wait 2 minutes then search for a game, hopefully from there you can leave it as is and continually get games within your settings ranges. 

Another use suggestion: 

• Put duma in spectating mode
  • Put home in the ocean
  • Set PA to 3-5ms higher than your base ping
  • Boot game to where your find a match
  • Turn on filter mode
  • Find a match

Hi Fraser.

This is where things have got weird. The duma would sometimes say ping of 20ms and game says 300 plus. I can assure you the game one was more correct. Most of the time though the duma would say 120ms ish which has been the issue. Previous to the update to duma os i would get somewhere between 17-25ms.

I will try your suggestion and report back

DO I need to move the home back to my location before I search?

Screenshot below was taken in the game i just played. Ping fluctuated between 50 and 95. Took 90 seconds to find a game of multi.

image.thumb.png.584c31efb91f346172864dddf1594de5.png

• Administrators

The in game ping does include other factors such as processing delay that the router can't calculate, router can only do the ping to the server. Yes move location back before searching and wait 2 minutes. That game was in Spain so 50 I guess would make sense if a little high. If you downgrade to R1 does it work as you expect? 

Ill downgrade and try. I shouldnt be getting a ping of 50 when my ping assist set at 30ms. 

Joined a friend and he searched for a game. Straight onto a dedicated server and 27ms ping. Connection was crisp (Not downgraded

image.thumb.png.6c8961cf56ff145ae072eafb7b2d57bf.png

Just downgraded and I'm back to where it should be. 

Straight into games with a 14ms ping. something is happening with DumaOS that is not working properly with my settings / connection etc. Happy to stay here to be honest. Dumaos looks great but this works fine 

image.png

• Administrators

Can you provide a screenshot of your full Geo-Filter and QoS pages on QoS please.

Also if you could follow this guide that would be helpful: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-test-your-connection

Just want to rule everything out before it becomes a dev issue.

• Administrators

Hi Boom - Fraser is referring to DumaOS. If we can see your settings there that'd be great.

Make sure you have Fast Search disabled on DumaOS too - that should prevent anyone with a fluctuating ping from hosting your game. I also recommend setting your Ping Assist to a lower amount too, perhaps as low as 20ms. You could then put your location into the ocean so your Geo-Filter is covering no land area. Then Ping Assist is basically a ping filter, so you're guaranteeing a low ping.

Ok Thanks. I will try this when I get a chance to upgrade again to DUMAOS.

Essentially what you are saying though is that the Geofilter doesn't work? To  get a good connection we must just use Ping Assist.

I don't understand how I only get peer to peer on dumaos yet straight away I get dedicated on R1 software. I accept some are mislabelled but when looking at the Id's I can see mostly peer to peer.

Can I ask why we are setting geofilter to the ocean when doing this test?

• Administrators

Not that it doesn't work but perhaps a better chance of getting a better game as sometimes you could have a high ping host within your radius. We can't force the game to use P2P or dedicated servers so doesn't really make sense why that happens. That test will eliminate using the radius to get a game and therefore just rely on Ping Assist to get you a game under your limit.