ONE PC wil not see hard drive on XR500

I have tried everything I can think of and cannot get one of my machines to see the attached Hard Drive to the router.  It HAS worked in the past, .. until I did a 'Fresh' install of W10-64.

First,, is how I have it set up on all other home network computers:  The drive shows up in Explorer as READYSHARE and I have mapped it to Drive M.  The other shot is the machine that just will not see the drive.

.good.png.08ad9e089c67258ff4c1b4a99d920a24.png:

bad.PNG.e3035c37ce420da97c87dcc57d30e5cd.PNG

Any help is appreciated in advance.  I have a GEARHEAD contract, but have extreme language difficulty there.  

You could try the following things 

Control Panel / Programs and Features / Turn Windows ON/OFF and make sure DMS 1.0/CIFS File Sharing is ticked

Go to Network Connection / Right on the network Adapter you are using / Properties / click on Internet protocol version 4 / Advanced / go to the WINS tab / enable Netbios  over TCP/IP

Network sharing / Advanced sharing settings / Private / Make sure Network Discovery is on 

Also what is the version of Windows 10 are you running because older versions of windows did not support SMB3.0

5 hours ago, Dialatech said:

You could try the following things 

Control Panel / Programs and Features / Turn Windows ON/OFF and make sure DMS 1.0/CIFS File Sharing is ticked

Go to Network Connection / Right on the network Adapter you are using / Properties / click on Internet protocol version 4 / Advanced / go to the WINS tab / enable Netbios  over TCP/IP

Network / Advanced sharing settings / Private / Make sure Network Discovery is on 

is the version of Windows 10 are you running because older versions of did not support SMB3.0

DMS 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Is not listed under Turn Windows Features on/off.

I enabled Netbios  over TCP/IP.

Network / Advanced sharing settings / Private / Network Discovery is on.

C:\Users\owner>ver   Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.407]

The problem is with this computer only.  All other devices work as expected.

No Joy.  I will restart and if fixed, will let you know.   

• Administrators

Ok, hope it works for you. If not, I recommend you contact NETGEAR official support as this is very specific to NETGEAR so they will be best placed to help you https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Some progress being made.  After turning on SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing, Explorer now shows Readyshare.  I became overjoyed.  But now, I am getting this dreaded error:

Capture.PNG.63492a15d74031ceb16a5c12792df384.PNG

Anything to avoid Gearhead.  Any suggestions??  Thank you in advance.

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Have you setup readyshare with this drive in the XR500 settings? 

I am sure that I have since it works perfectly on 3 other Windows 10 machines (and even a Chromebook).  Worked on this one too until I did a 'Fresh" install of W10-64.

13 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

All due respect ... what exactly is the fix?  That's a closed and old thread and since all devices work perfectly except this one, I don't think the problem is in the router.  I seem to be having a number of 'network' problems with this one machine.  I think I will wipe it and start brand new.  Factory restore to w7, upgrade to W10, and go from there.  It's a LOT of work, but don't know what else to do.  Having connection problems with LASTPASS and this READYSHARE thing ... I believe it is some deep problem.  I'll not bother you gentlemen any further.  Thank you all.

• Administrators

The resolution is 

If you want to enable insecure guest access, you can configure the following Group Policy settings:

Computer configuration\administrative templates\network\Lanman Workstation

"Enable insecure guest logons"

Okay that sounds like a good idea if you're having other issues as well

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The resolution is 

If you want to enable insecure guest access, you can configure the following Group Policy settings:

Computer configuration\administrative templates\network\Lanman Workstation

"Enable insecure guest logons"

Okay that sounds like a good idea if you're having other issues as well

Took a gulp, then enabled the insecure guest access per your instructions.  Rebooted.  READYSHARE completely disappeared from Explorer again.  Went back and set that policy back to where it was (NOT CONFIGURED).  Rebooted computer.  Still no READYSHARE showing in Explorer.  Checked to see if SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing is still active, and it is.  The freekin machine is acting pretty goofy, .. even though the LASTPASS problem 'fixed itself'.  Still, I guess it best to wipe it.  Thank you for all you do.