Speeds after latest upgrade

Cshot08

Hello

I am unable to get any speeds other than ~ 50 /60. 

This is with qos disabled, ipv6 disabled wan/lan. 

I have tried multiple cables/ports. 

If I unplugg the cable from the router to the r1 and plug it straight into my computer I get ~1000/1050  

please let me know what I should try as I used to be able to use the qos sliders and input a lower bandwidth because bufferbloat on dslreports is always bad 

• Netduma Staff
1 hour ago, Cshot08 said:

Hello

I am unable to get any speeds other than ~ 50 /60. 

This is with qos disabled, ipv6 disabled wan/lan. 

I have tried multiple cables/ports. 

If I unplugg the cable from the router to the r1 and plug it straight into my computer I get ~1000/1050  

please let me know what I should try as I used to be able to use the qos sliders and input a lower bandwidth because bufferbloat on dslreports is always bad 

Hi, welcome to the forum! You'll never be able to reach gigabit speeds through the R1, though I've seen people reach 600mbps or so. You should be able to get higher than that definitely.

Are you on a PPPoE connection? If you are, that could be the cause. PPPoE limits speeds through secondary routers. Also if you're using a VPN on the R1 that can limit your speeds.

You should ensure that A: ALL devices are connected to the Netduma R1. B: The Ethernet cable you're using to connect the R1 to your PC isn't faulty / can handle higher speeds. 😄 QoS is definitely disabled. Might be worth performing a factory reset to wipe your settings, then going into the Anti-Bufferbloat menu and typing your speeds in there before disabling QoS.

Hi, I found that when I put the r1 in dmz on my modem it limits to 50/50. 

I am now experiencing that the sliders work besides my download during Speedtest causes r1 cpu to sit at 100 and the results are not consistent. Upload speed matches what qos settings are and is consistent. 

Any ideas? No pppoe or vpn 

• Netduma Staff

So this only happens when you put your R1 into the DMZ of your Modem? Or does it happen even without that setting applied?

Could you factory reset the Netduma R1, then go to Anti-Bufferbloat and disable QoS? Then on a wired PC let us know what speeds you're getting. Also ensure you replace the Ethernet cable you're using for this - if it can't handle your speeds then that could be the reason.

Also just to clarify, none of these speed tests are conducted over WiFi right? And they're all on a wired PC?

Same problem as OP here.

Did all the actions you recommended. Nothing changed.

I did take off DMZ mode and just give the netduma r1 a static IP.  It works at full speeds well the max r1 can handle. Get a great bufferbloat score. Nat won't be open however.

I also have an interesting problem only on the netduma r1. COD 4 Blackout keeps putting me on European servers even though I'm in Indiana.  Don't really enjoy the 120-150 pings.  Had to switch off the router to end this problem.

• Netduma Staff
2 hours ago, chmona said:

Same problem as OP here.

Did all the actions you recommended. Nothing changed.

I did take off DMZ mode and just give the netduma r1 a static IP.  It works at full speeds well the max r1 can handle. Get a great bufferbloat score. Nat won't be open however.

I also have an interesting problem only on the netduma r1. COD 4 Blackout keeps putting me on European servers even though I'm in Indiana.  Don't really enjoy the 120-150 pings.  Had to switch off the router to end this problem.

Have you tried UPnP and Port Forwarding? Are you on DumaOS? As for BO4, try enabling Strict Mode and setting your radius to cover most of America. Do you get American hosts then?

• Netduma Staff
12 hours ago, chmona said:

The DMZ problem is actually a problem with the Pace gateways. I am getting a newer version of ATTs gateway delivered. As for the european servers I'll test it out with the new gateway.

Interesting, I'll keep that in mind. Defo test this with the new gateway and see how it goes.

• 3 months later...
On 12/3/2018 at 10:01 AM, Netduma Jack said:

Interesting, I'll keep that in mind. Defo test this with the new gateway and see how it goes.

So, 4 months and 10 customer service calls later, ATT escalated my call and the manager said they can't assure me I can get a newer gateway (as my 6 pace gateways that were all supposed to be bgw210s they sent me mock me on my desk).  Then they threatened to send a tech to my place to attempt to "fix" the issue (which is a firmware issue they are still forcing down their pace gateway users) and if/when no issue was fixed they would charge me $100 or so.

TLDR: I bought my own bgw210 off of ebay for $35.  After plugging that in and placing the netduma in pass through mode it works like a charm again.  I also bought a Netgear Smart Managed Switch (GS105Ev2).  I cloned the MAC of the bgw210 and using the virtual ports on the switch I fooled att in2 thinking the netduma r1 is the gateway.  I am happy to say I am free of ATT's oppression!  Gaming is much better now

• Netduma Staff
15 hours ago, chmona said:

I don't even use the new modem now. I turned it off 😀.

Sounds like a brilliant decision xD thanks for letting us know what happened. If you need anything else just holla' :)