2 questions on ping assist

purpleandgold33

Also the dedi is within his geo filter range. So anything in the geo filter will connect regardless of the ping assist value set. Anything outside the geo filter will connect only if its ping is less than 30ms 

2 minutes ago, dpk_ydv said:

Also the dedi is within his geo filter range. So anything in the geo filter will connect regardless of the ping assist value set. Anything outside the geo filter will connect only if its ping is less than 30ms 

Pretty much this.  

Essentially you need to make your range smaller and then ping assist will only connect to 30 ms 

• Netduma Staff

Looks like you've got some great advice above. That seems like quite a shoddy server - Ping Assist works best when you aren't relying on your distance radius at all :) 

11 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

Looks like you've got some great advice above. That seems like quite a shoddy server - Ping Assist works best when you aren't relying on your distance radius at all :) 

Yeah I put it in the ocean like dpk suggested and boom way better. I guess I never new how to use ping assist correctly. 

• Netduma Staff
12 hours ago, purpleandgold33 said:

Yeah I put it in the ocean like dpk suggested and boom way better. I guess I never new how to use ping assist correctly. 

Maybe some day we'll have a setting to just disable the distance radius altogether, like a toggle to switch between ping assist or distance. Not sure if that's more or less intuitive though. Either way, setting your distance in the ocean effectively disables filtering by distance and lets Ping Assist take over 100% of the job. That's why you can get some great results with it :D

2 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

Maybe some day we'll have a setting to just disable the distance radius altogether, like a toggle to switch between ping assist or distance. Not sure if that's more or less intuitive though. Either way, setting your distance in the ocean effectively disables filtering by distance and lets Ping Assist take over 100% of the job. That's why you can get some great results with it :D

Yeah, like when you enable ping assist it automatically eliminates the circle/radius. Either way just put in the instructions on how to use ping assist. That its better to put in the ocean with you r circle shrunk all the way down. Cause I'm sure there's a lot more ppl like me that don't know that.

• Administrators
42 minutes ago, purpleandgold33 said:

Yeah, like when you enable ping assist it automatically eliminates the circle/radius. Either way just put in the instructions on how to use ping assist. That its better to put in the ocean with you r circle shrunk all the way down. Cause I'm sure there's a lot more ppl like me that don't know that.

Thanks, we'll make a knowledge base article on this to help others set it up.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, SturdyFugur said:

make a ping assist island or picture on the map to set your home location here for using pure ping assist. will avoid which ocean works the best questions 😀

Haha. That's actually not a bad idea!