How does the Duma OS perform? Still shoot first and die first?

Chaiyoabc

One thing I had noticed between original fw and duma os is that qos was better than original r1 fw.

i set qos to be ‘enable only when game bandwidth detected’ or something like that. 

And with 70/70 congestion control, i felt like i had great time playing bo4 

but for geo filter issue reason (i was unable to connect to dedicated server in my area), i was forced to downgrade back to original r1 firmware. It played terrible, 70/70 cc was a hit or miss, so i had been running with my old asus router eversince. 

So now i think i wanna give dumaos a go but just want to hear from you guys’ experience so far. 

9 hours ago, Chaiyoabc said:

One thing I had noticed between original fw and duma os is that qos was better than original r1 fw.

i set qos to be ‘enable only when game bandwidth detected’ or something like that. 

but for geo filter issue reason (i was unable to connect to dedicated server in my area), i was forced to downgrade back to original r1 firmware. It played terrible, 70/70 cc was a hit or miss, so i had been running with my old asus router eversince. 

So now i think i wanna give dumaos a go but just want to hear from you guys’ experience so far. 

Yeah... I don't know. Rather hit or miss. This game was great for the first month (for me). Last two weeks have been complete garbage. Is it coincidental that Dumas OS came same time??? Don't know. 

I downgraded then reinstalled after the Ping Assist update. That's when no one could get on. I'm still having serious issues like most. I may try removing duma all together. See what happens. 

With Duma OS - when game isn't crashing on me, I am seeing constant rubber banding from other players. I am being one shot-insta killed. It's a mess. Complete 180 from two weeks ago.

1 hour ago, Foedus Gratiae said:

Yeah... I don't know. Rather hit or miss. This game was great for the first month (for me). Last two weeks have been complete garbage. Is it coincidental that Dumas OS came same time??? Don't know. 

I downgraded then reinstalled after the Ping Assist update. That's when no one could get on. I'm still having serious issues like most. I may try removing duma all together. See what happens. 

With Duma OS - when game isn't crashing on me, I am seeing constant rubber banding from other players. I am being one shot-insta killed. It's a mess. Complete 180 from two weeks ago.

Sadly, It happened for everyone at the same time.  I'm on the XR500/PS4 and have been on the OS the whole time.  Nothing changed on the Duma end, it happened when Treyarc put out the big patch 2 or so weeks ago and messed with the server tic rate.  Happened exactly the same to the Xbox people a week later when they got the same update.

• Netduma Staff
11 hours ago, Foedus Gratiae said:

As Urge said above - this happened for everyone at the same time, at a time when we didn't change a single thing. We didn't even change our cloud database when all of a sudden, BO4 players across the world started saying they can't connect / were having massive issues. We're looking into ways in which we can assist from our end, but these issues are on the game side, not the Netduma.

If you're struggling to use the Geo-Filter right now, try setting it to Spectating Mode until Treyarch sort it out. I imagine whether you use the Geo-Filter or not it's hard to find decent games. Stay strong, every CoD launch in history has had long-lasting network issues imo.

162063920_Screenshot_2018-11-18Geo-Filter-DumaOS(1).png.87cfe9b3146fe4ad456e34fdba4c5768.png

On 11/18/2018 at 2:43 PM, Chaiyoabc said:

Game is just poor, and the DumaOS dopes nothing to help - not that its there fault at all

Yea count me in too, i was sittin pretty the first couple weeks while folks were complaining of the issues thinking things were great and they were.  Then the update mentioned came out and I honestly finally just quit playing this weekend even with the weapon Xp bonus.  It’s just awful and going from 50-5 to 14-12 every other games just more a chore than it’s worth.  I really wish I wouldn’t have upgraded to the xr500 at all now that we have duma os, but no ping assist and the R1 finally got both.  Kinda shocking netgears letting these “upgraded” dumas get dwarfed by the wel say aging micro tik still.  Sadly I sold the R1 like an idiot so I’m hoping $#itgear approve ping assist some day, but can’t say I’m real confident by the vague answers I’m seeing and my experience with netgear overall.   If I was buying now it’d be the R1 before either of these netgear options without a doubt, WiFi range is the only plus I’ve found and there’s way too many drawbacks for it.  Love the game hate the servers. 

Actually bought bfV Saturday even though dice said not too simply cause they have a decent server in my state and have invested in their online experience this millennium unlike cod.  Really sad to see since BO4 could be truly amazing and could have been just what they’ve needed for a long time. 

It was ok for me for the first month, its been terrible ever since XR500  is not helping in any way.

No settings work at all for me I've tried everything possible still trash,I say its Cod fault  I can  dump a full clip into an enemy, and the turn around instant kill me.By Hooking my xbox 1 x hard wired directly to my cable modem it plays better. The Geo Filter hasn't worked since day one of Black ops for me, and its pointless trying to use it in a party.

After I have tested it more than 24 hour, surprisingly, it perform much better than original r1. There must be something different in qos quality from r1 fw. I had far less instant death which was quite opporsite when I use r1 fw. I need netduma team to answer me about QoS different because this can be my placebo feeling as well.

anyway, when I use orifinal fw, I couldn’t find the right setting, I kept getting killed even I shot first, multi kill was nearly impossible.

after I changed to dumaOS, despite of occasional geo filter issue (put me in p2p, couldn’t find local server), reboot game usually helpped it as long as I don’t mess with setting during game, I find my gameplay experience much further improved, my daily kd has gone back to 3.0++ 

here is my setting, it all depends on circumstances of each match. But I will separate into 3 sections. I keep switching whenever a current setting doesn”t work

In Anti-Bufferbloat section, I had ‘when priority traffic detect’ ticked 

for congestion control, i have 3 set of value, and I will only switch when current one doesnt work in certain match

1. 99/99 

2. 70/70

3. 60/60

yesterday, the 70/70 performed best 

the day after yesterday, 99/99 performed best 

so my point is, there is no permanent value that works, it varies between matches connection and player skills

so that’s it I wanna share. 

Let me know if this works for u 

The problem I have is that I need to reboot the dumaOS every time I start BO4 to get an open NAT. I have upnp enabled and port forwarded all the xbox BO4 ports. The game doesn't play any better or worse for me with or without the geo filter. Do difference in the game no matter where I put my sliders.

• Administrators
11 hours ago, bearfan2 said:

The problem I have is that I need to reboot the dumaOS every time I start BO4 to get an open NAT. I have upnp enabled and port forwarded all the xbox BO4 ports. The game doesn't play any better or worse for me with or without the geo filter. Do difference in the game no matter where I put my sliders.

HAve you forwarded all these ports as recommended here: 

Also, are you using Ping Assist? If not, I recommend you set it to about 20ms-30ms and then set a small distance filter range. You will then be pretty much guaranteed a ping <25ms

11 hours ago, bearfan2 said:

I could be wrong here, but i don't believe you want both Upnp and Port Forwarding going at the same time.  I think if you port forward you want to disable Upnp . Or run Upnp by itself.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Urge said:

I could be wrong here, but i don't believe you want both Upnp and Port Forwarding going at the same time.  I think if you port forward you want to disable Upnp . Or run Upnp by itself.

It's usually fine to leave UPNP enabled too - it shouldn't do any harm and disabling it can affect other applications. e.g. WiFi calling

• Administrators
1 hour ago, bearfan2 said:

Opened all the ports posted above, but still have to reboot the router every time I start BO4 to get an open NAT. Also get a lot of peer to peer when using the Geo filter. 

Have your console on the dashboard, delete the device from the Geo-Filter completely, boot up to the main lobby. What is your NAT type? Then make sure your Geo-Filter settings are how you want them and add your device to the Geo-Filter. Wait 2 minutes, then play as normal.

Likelihood that some hosts are marked as peers when they should be dedicated, you can check by looking up their domain names.