speeds ios 1.3

Swgohlegend

• Administrators

Thats an authentication server required for online services so don't worry about that one, it's not a game server.

That's an incredibly small radius, especially with PA off. You should have that radius at 650miles at least.

Is the speed test on the console or a PC?

• Administrators

Have you just been doing it through DSLReports? Can you do it on speedtest.net please and see what that says. Also can you provide a screenshot of your whole QoS page please.

To take a screenshot on MAC:

1. Press Shift-Command-4.
  2. Drag to select the area of the screen to capture. To move the entire selection, press and hold Space bar while dragging.
  3. After you release your mouse or trackpad button, find the screenshot as a .png file on your desktop.

• Netduma Staff

It's a trade-off really. If you're only able to get your full speeds with QoS disabled then it's your choice. If you want full speeds at any time, you know you can always disable QoS. I'd recommend doing that if you're downloading or something, and not in a heavy gaming session.

If you're gaming though you should probably just sacrifice your speeds and use QoS - these settings are pretty indispensable when it comes to reducing lag.

• Netduma Staff
2 hours ago, Swgohlegend said:

To setup my speed for qos. Shoul I do my speed test with or with out qos enabled? 

Really you should be able to get your speeds with Anti-Bufferbloat at 100/100, 'Always' mode enabled and share excess enabled on Bandwidth Allocation. See what speeds you get on a wired PC with those settings :)

• Administrators
15 hours ago, Swgohlegend said:

With the qos my speeds go crazy up and down during dsl reports. Is that normal? 

Do you mean your bandwidth fluctuates rapidly during the test? Could you take a screenshot of the graph that loads when you run the test? It shouldn't fluctuate that much.

Also, what happens if you connect directly to your modem? Do speeds return to normal?

• Administrators

It sounds like your QoS is setup reasonably well now. So let’s do a few more things:

1. Set Ping Assist to 25ms and put your geo-filter centre in the ocean, with the circle not touching any land. Reboot the game. You will now guarantee you will always get a ping <25ms

2. Follow this guide to test your line quality - I think there could be a problem:

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/23881-ping-plotter-quick-guide/