Hosts outside filter

purpleandgold33

Thats a host that you have added to your allow list. You can tell this as it has a solid circle around it. You may also sometimes see whitelisted authentication servers outside your radius, these also have a solid white circle around them but have the server icon in the middle.

• Administrators

It looks like a dashed circle to me which indicates it's been Ping Assisted and so is under your ping limit, thats the idea of Ping Assist to get you game under your limit regardless of your Geo-Filter settings, ensuring you never miss the opportunity of a good game.

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It looks like a dashed circle to me which indicates it's been Ping Assisted and so is under your ping limit, thats the idea of Ping Assist to get you game under your limit regardless of your Geo-Filter settings, ensuring you never miss the opportunity of a good game.

Ahh thanks, I get it now. Yes, I had ping assist on and set to 30. What is a good number to put ping assist on for better game play. Should I leave it at 30 or put it a little higher? Sometimes it really feels like I'm a second behind on some folks. I've been playing with the Qos to alleviate it like I was able to back in the r1 days. It honestly feels like when I move the bars on Qos nothing changes. It's probably just this frickin game but I really want to dail in my connection so it's more consistent from game to game.

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

30 is a good number assuming your base ping is low enough. QoS eliminates congestion, if there is no congestion then lowering it won't make the game play better or worse

what do you recommend for finding out my base ping? pingplotter, on speedtest when I run the speedtest it says my ping is 10ms. If pingplotter what should I use something close to me or what address? I live in Minnesota? Thanks!