VPN option around the wrong way?

DanologyUK

Ive finally managed to get my VPN working and ive added my PC. When the option is "Only VPN these services" the VPN is switched off. If i change it to "Dont VPN these services" the VPN switches on for my PC. 

Is this around the wrong way OR am i misunderstanding?

chrome_2018-11-16_21-34-01.png

• Administrators

Hi Dan, I can see why you're getting confused but it's working correctly. If you click the ? icon on the panel it will explain but I'll explain briefly here also.

Only VPN these services will only VPN services that you add on that device so if you add Skype for example it will go through the VPN but everything else on the PC will go through your normal connection. If nothing is added then everything will go through your normal connection as you haven't added any services.

Do not VPN these services applies to the entire device except the services that you've added. So if you added Skype for example it wouldn't go through the VPN but everything else would. If nothing is added the whole device goes through the VPN.

When a device has the device type of a console we automatically select Do not VPN these services as we cannot identify individual services on the console. So it will just apply to the entire console.

41 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hi Dan, I can see why you're getting confused but it's working correctly. If you click the ? icon on the panel it will explain but I'll explain briefly here also.

Only VPN these services will only VPN services that you add on that device so if you add Skype for example it will go through the VPN but everything else on the PC will go through your normal connection. If nothing is added then everything will go through your normal connection as you haven't added any services.

Do not VPN these services applies to the entire device except the services that you've added. So if you added Skype for example it wouldn't go through the VPN but everything else would. If nothing is added the whole device goes through the VPN.

When a device has the device type of a console we automatically select Do not VPN these services as we cannot identify individual services on the console. So it will just apply to the entire console.

Thanks for explaining how it works. The only way for me to toggle the XBOX console is for me to delete it and then re-add next time i want to VPN my console?!