Wireless Bridge Mode to XR500 question.

So I have another router that I have set up as a wireless bridge to the XR500. My problem Im coming across with is I can't seem to log into this second router so I can config and change the WIFI SSID. I read online that I should be able to identify the IP address of the second though my main routerĀ  (XR500) DHCP list. I did that but the XR500 is not showing the IP address and just blank. The only reason I was able to identify the second router on the XR500 was through the MAC address. Can someone assist me and possibly be me some suggestions so I can resolve this?

FYI, my devices that are connected to this second router can access the internet via Wifi and hardwired. This second router is connected to the XR500 via WIFI.

ip address may be set as static on wireless bridge router, or may conflict with existing ip

disable wifi on your laptop/pc

connect an Ethernet cable directly from laptop/pc to wireless bridge router lan port

sign in to wireless bridge router and config it that way, set as wireless bridge mode, make sure to set DHCP on wireless bridge router for bridge/wan ip to use, or a static, up to you. if static make sure to reserve it on xr500

• Administrators

I imagine it's not showing as connected because all the devices connected to the other router show as individual devices on the XR500 right?

In addition to the above advice, depending on the second router some manufacturers have an application you can download that will help you find the IP address to access the interface. I know Asus has this tool, something called Device Discovery.