Xr700 constantly getting error code Weasle in Destiny 2

Had to take a break with my xr700 for a week because my wife just had a baby and I had to get surgery. No idea what is causing the problem but I keep getting error code Weasle in Destiny 2 and serious lag spikes in PUBG.Downloading and everything seems fine but when I start gaming all of these issues start up. I had it set to Upnp like everyone says to but now I'm hearing I might have to port forward everything. When we called support they told us to pay $250 for network protection. Seriously. There is absolutely no reason for us to have to do that after spending $500 on this thing. 

6 hours ago, Irish Cowboy said:

Had to take a break with my xr700 for a week because my wife just had a baby and I had to get surgery. No idea what is causing the problem but I keep getting error code Weasle in Destiny 2 and serious lag spikes in PUBG.Downloading and everything seems fine but when I start gaming all of these issues start up. I had it set to Upnp like everyone says to but now I'm hearing I might have to port forward everything. When we called support they told us to pay $250 for network protection. Seriously. There is absolutely no reason for us to have to do that after spending $500 on this thing. 

Hi.

First of all I would like to welcome you to the forum.

I have the XR700 and have not encountered that error code before. However, someone from Netduma will respond to this post sometime today but as they are a UK company and it is still early morning it will be a few hours yet. 

BD

• Netduma Staff
10 hours ago, Irish Cowboy said:

Hi, welcome to the forum! You're right - there's no reason why you should be paying $250 for network protection. Was this Netgear support that suggested it?

Destiny 2 has an incredibly complex network setup. You'll want Strict Mode disabled (so you can connect to the various Authentication servers the game uses) and you'll need to keep an eye on the map for anything getting blocked. If you get a Weasle error again, make sure you have the Geo-Filter to hand. You should be able to see the culprit being blocked and add it to your allow list. (The Geo-Filter works better in Crucible or Gambit - since PVE connects you to different instances every time you visit another zone, it can get complex).

With your PUBG lag spikes, that could well be your line quality. Spikes / jitter are almost solely caused by your upstream equipment or line. I'd recommend running a Pingplotter test on a wired PC if you want to get to the bottom of it! :) 

• 2 months later...

Yeah. I just got baboon error code in a gambit match. I’m using purevpn udp. With my location set in the same relative area as the location set on purevpn. Do I need to portforward? I’m using a cable modem provided by northland cable. Maybe there’s some setting I need to change in there. I was setup a little bit differently the other day with my ping assist to zero to force my matchmaking in another region without purevpn enabled and not in strict mode.