PS4 keeps losing connection

Just purchased and set up my new xr700 two days ago. Since then my PS4 keeps losing connection, saying "lan cable not connected". I have set up QoS as recommended, I've added the PS4 as a static address, and have configured geo-filter as recommended. Every hour or so, it kicks me offline saying "lan cable not connected". I've tried on wifi and it does the same thing, kicks me out of online games. This is making destiny 2 absolutely unplayable for me. I've used an apple airport for years and it never gave me any issues. These issues only started after I set up this new router.

What modem make and model is the XR700 connected to? I assume you have completed the auto config during setup of the XR700? Finally what version firmware is it running, 1.0.1.2?  It is more likely a faulty router if your losing connection over wifi as well as over ethernet and as it is brand new you can exchange it for a replacement. Before you do that, can you answer these questions and also could you replace the lan cable from the Xr700 to your modem just to eliminate the chance it could be a cable issue.

I have the XR700 and have no issues at all with it.

• Administrators

Hi Phil - thanks for all the info. Do the disconnections happen just when you’re searching for a game or at any point?

Please stay on the downgraded version for now and let us know if that continues to improves things. 

• Administrators
52 minutes ago, phil_wo said:

It's never happened during match making. It's happening at any point in the game. Mainly when I'm almost done with a quest in destiny 2, so it's making my favorite game very unenjoyable. And it's still kicking me offline.  

Screen Shot 2018-11-15 at 7.55.47 AM.png

Ok, thanks for confirming. Has it happened again since you downgraded?

If it has, could you delete every device you added to the Geo-Filter so it’s completely disabled. Continue playing after that and could you let us know if the problem continues. Thanks. 

• Administrators

Another possibility is an Ethernet port is faulty. This seems unlikely given you said you are experiencing wireless dropouts as well, but no harm in switching to a different port on the back of the router if the disconnects are still happening. 

Yes, I've tried different ports, different and brand new ethernet. I just noticed I forgot to turn off auto update for the router. It updated back up to V1.0.1.2 during the night. I turned off auto update and downgraded once again. If it continues to kick me, I'll try turning off the geo-filter

I think it's safe to confirm that V1.0.1.2 is the culprit. The router has been up and running smoothly for over 24h and the log is clean and does not have a single error. Gameplay on PS4 has been perfect. Never got disconnected; no dreadful "lan cable not connected" notification.

• Administrators
56 minutes ago, phil_wo said:

I can confirm the firmware is causing the router to crash/restart. The router was going offline every 30 to 60 minutes. Should I try v1.3 when that is released? 

Yes I would advise that you do, it's generally always a good idea to be on the most up to date firmware except in your case where the latest is causing you issues