optimal settings for my internet

Hello, I have Comcast cable 300 down / 25 up

Do I put my settings to 70%/70% ? or is there something else i should do? 

I currently use port forwarding for cod but do i need them? 

Also, at peak times there are 5+ devices on my internet but there's mostly only 2-3 devices using the connection.

Should i just keep it at 70%/70%? or what should i change

• Netduma Staff
8 hours ago, Pace76 said:

Hello, I have Comcast cable 300 down / 25 up

Do I put my settings to 70%/70% ? or is there something else i should do? 

I currently use port forwarding for cod but do i need them? 

Also, at peak times there are 5+ devices on my internet but there's mostly only 2-3 devices using the connection.

Should i just keep it at 70%/70%? or what should i change

Hey, welcome to the forum! They're some awesome speeds, nice! For gaming we recommend 70%/70% - you might not need those settings since you're on really high speeds though. Just to clarify what it does, Anti-Bufferbloat throttles your speeds to eliminate 'Bufferbloat', or Local Congestion. You won't really encounter much congestion on those speeds unless you're downloading A LOT! Try using 80%/80% or a bit higher if you'd like :)

Port Forwarding is great for getting an open NAT. If you have an open NAT already then that's great - you can probably leave Port Forwarding and UPnP settings alone if you do.

You've not got many devices on your network either so 80% or higher for Anti-Bufferbloat seems better. See how you get along and feel free to play around with QoS!

so kinda on the same topic. My speeds are 986 down and 45 up I have the sliders set at 80. Does that mean my playstation will always have 20% of the download and upload and everything else gets the other 80 %?

• Netduma Staff
10 hours ago, MassaDebata85 said:

not to jump on someone elses topic but i have 150 down and only 5 upload..should i stay on 70 70?

70/70 works well as a percentage - the difference between your download and upload speeds doesn't really matter. It's more to do with the percentage so you should be good to use those settings :)