internet dropping

I think I am aware of what is causing the issue but just thought I would check. Wired internet dropping on the daily and has to be restarted on the XR500. To the best of my knowledge, it's something to do with xbox instant on and the solution for now is to turn off instant on for the console. This would be fine except for the fact there are multiple consoles in the household and it is unrealistic to expect people to try and download all of their new games over the holiday season whilst either leaving their console switched on when not using, or trying to download at the same time as playing online which just makes games take forever to download.

I am already a frustrated customer from owning a R1 previous and having the multiple delays to the duma os that came with that and after still being loyal to the company and spending £250 on an xr500, I am still running into issues with the duma software which is ridiculous. I understand that new firmware have to be approved by Netgear but is there no temporary fix for this issue in the meantime or an estimated time of release for a fix with firmware?

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I've sent you a firmware via PM that should hopefully fix your issue

Would you be able to send me the firmware too? I just bought the xr700 and already called amazon to return it. I keep getting disconnected while trying to play on my PS4. I had to go back to my old nighthawk x8 to be able to play.

• Administrators
5 hours ago, LouieBaLLz said:

Would you be able to send me the firmware too? I just bought the xr700 and already called amazon to return it. I keep getting disconnected while trying to play on my PS4. I had to go back to my old nighthawk x8 to be able to play.

Hi Louie - the firmware for disconnections is to fix a known issue on the XR500. The XR700 actually has a newer firmware so should not be having this. Could you talk me through the problem you are seeing in more detail? Is it during mid-game that you're getting these disconnections? Are you playing wired or wirelessly?

54 minutes ago, Netduma Admin said:

Hi Louie - the firmware for disconnections is to fix a known issue on the XR500. The XR700 actually has a newer firmware so should not be having this. Could you talk me through the problem you are seeing in more detail? Is it during mid-game that you're getting these disconnections? Are you playing wired or wirelessly?

I didn't want to piggie back on someone else thread so I started my own.

I explain whats going on in that thread. I'm playing wired btw. 

• Administrators

That's unfortunate. As of yet theres not another firmware to try and Netgear are looking into it. You're correct on what seems to be the cause. There is another workaround potentially, if you put a switch behind the XR500 and connect the ethernet devices to that then you shouldn't get the disconnects.

• Netduma Staff
2 hours ago, Daniel Österberg said:

Hi,

I just bought the XR500 and I have internet drops using wireless, is this the same bug?

Hi Daniel - potentially, but WiFi drop-outs are more commonly caused by other issues. I'd recommend using a channel analyser to find out which WiFi channel is best for you, and switch to that using the XR500 settings. You should make a separate thread about your issue if you want the best support :)

• Netduma Staff
5 minutes ago, MrDanne said:

have issues with wired too... I raised a ticket with Netgear.

Thanks

Raising a Netgear ticket was the right thing to do. Let us know how it goes with their support, I'm sure they'll be able to sort you out :)