problem after installing milestone 1.3

umpmanjoe

I have netduma R1 router.  On the old firmware, I found great lobbies in BO4. I always connected to a server within 400 miles of me and generally had a 20 ping to server.  Installed milestone and set ping assist to 50 with a radius of 1000 miles and I cant get into a game.  I waited for over 10 minutes and nothing shows up.  I finally got into a game and the ping was over 100 with lots of spikes.  I tried everything I read including rebooting the game and rebooting the router.  I really want to take advantage of dumaOS but every time I install it, I cant find lobbies.  Is there something I'm missing?  

I am running the netduma behind an Asus AC88U.  The only device hooking up to the Netduma router is my PS4 and my Xbox One.   I also login to the netduma screen through the wan on my iMac, which is connected to the main network.

• Administrators

Are you referring to 6j or previous DumaOS firmware? 

Do you have fast search enabled/disabled? Is the ping you're referring to on the Geo-Filter or the in game reading?

If you're using fast search  I would recommend you disable that. Also where abouts are you located?

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you referring to 6j or previous DumaOS firmware? 

Do you have fast search enabled/disabled? Is the ping you're referring to on the Geo-Filter or the in game reading?

If you're using fast search  I would recommend you disable that. Also where abouts are you located?

when I say "on the old firmware", I'm referring to 6j.  I had no luck finding lobbies when I upgraded to dumaOS either.  I figured I would try again with this new version but am having the same problem.     I have tried with faster enable and with it disabled.    The ping I'm referring to is on the geo-filter.   I'm in south Florida.  Like I said, when I run 6j, I get great lobbies with very low ping.

• Administrators

I think this is probably related to the update last night.

It has been suggested by others to leave the Geo-Filter on Spectating Mode with your Geo-Filter settings done. Then boot up the game. When you're in the lobby then enable Filtering Mode. Wait 2 minutes then search for a game, hopefully from there you can leave it as is and continually get games within your settings ranges.

Also quoting Netduma Admin on this: 

We have tested this a lot today - continually restarting the game and playing multiplayer a lot. So far, we have not seen any change in behaviour. Our thinking is Treyarch's patch temporarily caused server issues last night so a lot of people were not able to connect to games (whether they owned our router or not). This graph for the last 24 hours suggests the same: https://downdetector.com/status/call-of-duty/news/230092-problems-at-call-of-duty

Could you all please reboot your routers, set Ping Assist to 30ms and also restart your consoles / gaming PC. Should hopefully be similar to your pre-patch experience after this.

If it is not, please restart the game again and try once more. If it continues, could you then post a screenshot of your Geo-Filter settings as this will help us to help you.