optimal settings for my internet

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, Pace76 said:

Hello, I have Comcast cable 300 down / 25 up

Do I put my settings to 70%/70% ? or is there something else i should do? 

Hi Pace - that's definitely a good starting point. You could probably make it nearer 80% or 90% on your download as your speed is high there so it will give you good coverage. You may find these guides helpful too: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/folders/16000090646

15 hours ago, Pace76 said:

Hello, I have Comcast cable 300 down / 25 up

Do I put my settings to 70%/70% ? or is there something else i should do? 

to be honest, since i see you made no mention of any other Internet users in your household/office that will be utilizing the bandwidth other than you, you may not even need to enable qos like that and just keep it at 100%. you in fact will raise your ping a little by enabling any kind of qos. With the bandwidth you mentioned you currently have , there really is no need to even use QOS in this case.. you have plenty of bandwidth for the internet to do its thing. gaming uses so little bandwidth .... just an FYI... try the settings as the admins have suggested... but doubt you will really absolutely need to use qos .

cheers :)

• Administrators

It won't raise your ping by using QoS. Also despite there not being any other users, devices that are connected could initiate automatic updates or spikes from web browsing could affect it. Try both ways and stick with what works for you but I'd always recommend enabling QoS in most cases