UPnP still not working with 1.3

RL317

Just upgraded and tested UPnP with a few games but the list still isn't populating.

I spoke to my friend who plays on PC and he's had the same; he had to manually forward port 3074 to get an open NAT on BO4 😕 please advise! 

Screenshot_20181112-233132.png

_20181112_233221.JPG

42 minutes ago, FLEX_Jastrzebie said:

For me, UPnP works with Xbox One X. Unfortunately, the DNS change still does not work, after setting 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8 Netduma turns me back to standard DNS.

Zrzut ekranu (14).png

I've noticed that too. I also tried 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8 but https://browserleaks.com/ip would still show my ISP DNS in use. MTU changes only seem to work after a reboot too, but that doesn't lock the manually entered DNS in place ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ if I change it on my ISP hub and leave the Netduma DNS on the auto setting it works so you might want to try that if possible. 

Apparently ping assist doesn't work either. 

I saw a new icon on the geofilter map (a triangle but with a ring of dashes around it), thinking it was a ping assist allowed host, but really they should all be since my home location is in the ocean. One of those new icons gave me 93ms to the US, while one gave me 30ms to Italy. My ping assist limit is 35ms.

So I clicked on regular triangles and got one in the UK at 8ms, another in Saudi Arabia at 135ms and somehow another in the UK going from 7 to 250 to 470ms and back. What?

Edit: not only that but update rates aren't even visible on the ping graph despite meaning mentioned in the key  🤨

Huh, turns out the update rate info is only available through auto ping. Seems a bit strange... 

Not sure if the upstream update rate value is accurate because I just played a few games where it's supposed to be 100Hz and it was struggling to average 70Hz, but it doesn't really matter because these low ping games gave me weird 500ms hitmarkers anyway lmfao 

• Administrators
10 hours ago, lllRL said:

Apparently ping assist doesn't work either. 

I saw a new icon on the geofilter map (a triangle but with a ring of dashes around it), thinking it was a ping assist allowed host, but really they should all be since my home location is in the ocean. One of those new icons gave me 93ms to the US, while one gave me 30ms to Italy. My ping assist limit is 35ms.

So I clicked on regular triangles and got one in the UK at 8ms, another in Saudi Arabia at 135ms and somehow another in the UK going from 7 to 250 to 470ms and back. What?

Edit: not only that but update rates aren't even visible on the ping graph despite meaning mentioned in the key  🤨

Ping Assist is not full proof - very rarely it may not allow a connection through that it should have done. Restart your game if this happens. Also keep in mind that if a server is fluctuating in ping, like  that UK one, then it will most likely be blocked (which is what any sane person would want right!)

Your UPNP issue is very hard to nail down because it seems to be affecting a very small amount of users. We're in the process of overhauling that entire settings area to add a lot more features so it's probably best to use Port Forwarding for now until the new feature set is out. 

7 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

Ping Assist is not full proof - very rarely it may not allow a connection through that it should have done. Restart your game if this happens. Also keep in mind that if a server is fluctuating in ping, like  that UK one, then it will most likely be blocked (which is what any sane person would want right!)

Your UPNP issue is very hard to nail down because it seems to be affecting a very small amount of users. We're in the process of overhauling that entire settings area to add a lot more features so it's probably best to use Port Forwarding for now until the new feature set is out. 

What is the new geofilter icon supposed to show? I mean the usual triangles or squares or whatever but with the dotted ring around it? I've seen people across the world both having that around their icon, and people across the world without that additional ring. On pre-DumaOS it would 100% show a different icon for ping assist-discovered hosts or servers that was easily distinguishable from regular or blocked icons. 

Also that fluctuating one was just one example. It had the same icon as a flat 7ms host in a different location so I couldn't figure out exactly what was supposed to represent one found via ping assist. 

• Administrators

The dotted ring relates to Ping Assist just like it did on the original firmware so it should be easy to see what has been allowed by ping assist on not. I would advise having fast search disabled as well, this may help with the widely varying pings over your limit.

In regards to UPnP if you do a console speed test through its network settings does UPnP then populate after a page reset?

Regarding DNS, if you repeat the DNS Leak test multiple times does it ever appear?

Well that's interesting because I found many of those icons showing me hosts with anywhere from 50 up to 500ms ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ this is just one example:

_20181113_202932.thumb.JPG.f6cf78de818f52ae2bb8850ff198c9c6.JPG_20181113_202948.JPG.b8f2fc36a38b5477cf95b8e0841bad68.JPG

I guess it's another year of Treyarch Arabic Ops. Fun. 

39 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

In regards to UPnP if you do a console speed test through its network settings does UPnP then populate after a page reset?

No, nothing makes anything appear on the page. UDP 9308 should appear as soon as you sign in, or at least run a connection test. I repeated this with my TP Link W9970 and UPnP worked flawlessly. I posted the screenshot of that here a while back after first reporting UPnP issues on DumaOS but I can't find it. 

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay interesting. Can you describe what your physical setup is like please?

SA is odd, I don't suppose before this you had the Geo-Filter set to spectating mode on boot up or anything like that?

Sure, it's simply a Huawei HG612 in bridge mode > R1 > PS4. Geofilter was in filtering mode, home location in the ocean, minimum radius, 35ms ping assist, strict mode off. I flushed the cloud and rebooted the R1 but nothing changed.