2.1.3.29 not helping any insight?

So can you give us a step by step on how we should be able to find these servers that seemingly disappear when we are enabling our Geo-Filter?

I am chasing servers that have a solid base ping of 17ms.  If I enable the geo-filter in any way they are unavailble to me at that point.  I have now upgraded to the new OS version and using ping assist have been sitting in the TDM search and expanding search for over 45 minutes now with zero matches. In the US. If I disable this geofilter I will find matches anywhere from 17ms-50ms all day long. So what could it be?  I can go back to Bo3 and use PA on the old OS and the new OS and find my exact servers from it's release and they are still 17ms. WHile typing this I finally conencted to a lobby with Filtering Enabled, PA set to 50ms, and it kicked me back to the lobby saying "lobby is no longer available."  

SO i double checked everything and this time I booted the pc and the game with filter enabled and it blocked me from the servers and gave a Sky..... error message yet allowed for OPEN nat and once I clicked to close the message it was seemingly connected.  I setup the filter for my home area and exapnded my geofilter to my normal range and even used PA. I have now backed the PA down to 10ms and waited for 30 minutes for it to take and still if I do connect to a server it is outside of the geofilter only and is well outside of PA numbers.  Now matter if ping assist is off/on/or the value something is hosed. 

• Administrators

Hi there - there's a crucial network check the game does at bootup. So if you're not getting the lobbies you like, reboot the game and it should be better the next time.

Ping Assist is also not full proof - in 1/20 times it might block a server below your range. So if you ever get this again, restart the game and it should be fine.

More info here: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000087579--dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-ping-assist-step-2-1-

9 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

Hi there - there's a crucial network check the game does at bootup. So if you're not getting the lobbies you like, reboot the game and it should be better the next time.

Ping Assist is also not full proof - in 1/20 times it might block a server below your range. So if you ever get this again, restart the game and it should be fine.

More info here: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000087579--dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-ping-assist-step-2-1-

What about the fact that the servers it allows, if/when it does allow,  are all over the PA numbers?

ive since removed the netduma and low and behold 90% of my matches are now on those 17ms servers without fail. Why would netduma block them if they're available? I'm not the only one having this issue.

• Administrators

I've let the team know there seems to be issues getting games especially after the latest update so they will look into this asap. To answer your question, ping assist pings lots of different hosts very quickly so if it did ping higher than the limit during that brief time it would get blocked

I think maybe there is a set of auth servers that are not in the cloud as the demonware server is.  On the west coast I see a group, every boot. So far 3 servers I have labelled as Auth Servers ?. If I start up with the filter on and these are not allowed then I get connection error. It will let me online but after a minute or two I get a disconnect error.  I would assume same goes for when the geo filter is shrunk down to smallest setting and just trying to use the PA settings. Since it's A.) outside the filter range. (I have no desire to connect to servers with 50-80ms ping without game engine lag.)   Since it's B.) outisde the PA settings that could cause some weird connection issues. basically the only people who find one another is OPEN 3074 players searching in the same areas but eventually the server kicks you??  Maybe battlenet servers?  I'm reaching but.... at this point the OS is nice but not working for me in the US.

Do you want these to check out?  PM?

****NM****  

As soon as I added those server ( they show as dedicated) I no longer see them, as reported before. Very strange. 

One other thing when I flush the cloud why do I get error messages every time?  " The operation is taking longer than expected. Please briefly wait before using this R-App."  Wait, how long?  Is there a timer for the message to disappear?  Do I close the message then wait for 5 minutes, 10 minutes?

Update.

This could be placebo but I went ahead and rebooted everything as well and now it's working.  I see the server I am connected to and a various combination of the aforementioned server ids that are  tagged by the filter as dedicated.  I search and the match was 17ms and a mislocated Dallas server showing on the East Coast.  I never see any peer icons just the servers. A Large one on the East Coast displayed as a vultr server, being my game lobby and the ones shown below smaller but now showing as part of the allowed servers and it functioned as expected for the first time in a long time. I grabbed a match within a few minutes and it was a low ping lobby like the good old bo3 dedis.  My ping is 17-20ms my latency is 30-33ms

** forgot to say this is on Bo4 PC **

7c189762b51b6469

7c189b66b51b6469

7c18632eb51b6469

7c186d38b51b6469

OK so far using the IPs in a geo location tool they all are Blizzard Servers.  So my hunch was right. These need to be whitelisted please ASAP.

Here's a fifth on the same spot as well.  According to the GEOtool I use work/home this should be located at 37°45'03.6"N 97°49'19.2"W

7c186b36b51b6469

I have found game after game since adding these server IDs to the allow list. Thank god the allow list is working. 

Not so fast. So that worked for that entire session. I left the game running when the wife and kids came home came back and back to square one. I don;t understand wth is going on with these servers. It's like an act of god to get a game where you're not pinging 100+ or at least half the lobby is. Also when I came back for some reason my own IP even at 1ms was showing as a Yield sign outside of the geo range, but obviously within the PA settings.... I give up. Too many unknown variables. 

Not 2 minutes after I posted that I left it searching for a lobby and it found a server in the correct area for the first time since game launch at the correct ping.  WTH. 

I came back in restarted the game and played between 10-15 matches and all were low ping lobbies within my range. I guess adding those battlenet servers did the trick.  I have more as well. I'll keep recording them and geo-locating them and give you a big list.

• Netduma Staff
3 hours ago, stalker4hire- said:

I came back in restarted the game and played between 10-15 matches and all were low ping lobbies within my range. I guess adding those battlenet servers did the trick.  I have more as well. I'll keep recording them and geo-locating them and give you a big list.

Awesome. That's great to hear. I reckon the Treyarch hot-fix sorted it just as much, you should have a much better experience from here on out.

ID's are always welcome, thanks! :D

OK, so I have been having good luck with the geofilter relying on pure PA like the good ol days.  But Blackout simply refuses to give me low ping.  I know they're there, I've played on them. I'm up to 24 Battlenet IDs so far and I have blackout servers that are misplaced tagged as ALLOW and they show up as a dotted circle well within my PA numbers but kicks me to dashboard.  Any ideas?

Jack said Reckon!

• Netduma Staff

I did say reckon... I said it very optimistically as well! Maybe Blackout is still experiencing issues. First off, where are you located? Are you near any of these blackout servers? If you're nearby there's no reason why their ping should be high unless they're rammed with players.

Or... What do you consider to be a good ping? If your ping to the game is less than 60ms we generally say you should let it be and not block it. If you block too many servers that are relatively decent, you won't be able to connect at all. Playing on an average ping server is better than not playing at all! :)