Jump to content
Netduma Admin

Milestone 1.3 is now out on the Netduma R1!

Recommended Posts

See more here: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/27008-new-firmware-out-netduma-r1-dumaos-development-milestone-13/

Everyone who has signed up to the Open Beta should have received an email with the new firmware.

Troubleshooting

If this is your first time installing DumaOS, you will need to use the default login of admin and password (lowercase and make sure you type this in English)

If you did set a manual login, try admin and password too if your usual entries are not working.

If you can't get it to work, take a small object like a pen and push the reset button down at the back. Hold it down until the lights beep and then wait for the R1 to complete the factory reset. You can then access it again with the default admin and password

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I upgraded my router and now it's asking me to Authenticate that it's me. Only thing is I never set up a user or login and now I am locked out of my router. Tried factory resetting and still locked out. Now what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Username: admin

Password: password

9 minutes ago, jkordenat said:

So I upgraded my router and now it's asking me to Authenticate that it's me. Only thing is I never set up a user or login and now I am locked out of my router. Tried factory resetting and still locked out. Now what?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jkordenat said:

So I upgraded my router and now it's asking me to Authenticate that it's me. Only thing is I never set up a user or login and now I am locked out of my router. Tried factory resetting and still locked out. Now what?

Username: Admin

Password: password

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice that it wasn't a long wait for the new milestone to come out.

Factory reset doesn't re-enable broadcasting SSID, so if anyone had it hidden with a different name, and then resets, it'll be back to Netduma R1 and still hidden.

Client/Server tick rates added is nice, but with xbox as my example, not the best. would be nice if it locked down to just the listed dedi server or had some way of selecting it.

Can we get a confirmation on how the client/server tick rates are being calculated?

 

Quick observation using bo4 blackout shows a high server tick rate, and then as players disconnect/not nearby anymore, the server tick rate finally displays near enough to what the server is sending. auto ping window was showing around 30 for the server, but it still 20pps from it and then 10pps of noise from other clients added to it most likely since on xbox you connect/are connected to by other players (same for sending too, 60pps to the server, the rest to the other players)

 

 

pps1.PNG

pps3.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if it was the Update or coincidence, but after being on this update for an hour or two, I started getting disconnects and noticed that the POE/WAN port would show disconnected for a few seconds and then come back up. First I turned off Anti Bufferbloat since that's what I was tweaking at the time and it seemed like it got better. Then the issue started to come back. Now I can't get it to stay up for more than a few seconds.

I've tried reverting back to the First DumaOS (dumaos-2.1.2.10) and then went back to R1-v-1-03-6j. Reverted back to Factory Settings. Every once and a while I'll see it come up and then go back down. I've also tried different cables, and plugged the WAN port into different ports on a Switch. Still no luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, jkordenat said:

So I upgraded my router and now it's asking me to Authenticate that it's me. Only thing is I never set up a user or login and now I am locked out of my router. Tried factory resetting and still locked out. Now what?

Make sure you enter these details accurately:

admin

password

(this is all in lower case and should be typed in English)

13 hours ago, gkontos10 said:

How can i get this update?? 

It was emailed to everyone who signed up to the open beta. Please go here if you have not already done so: https://netduma.com/r1-dumaos/

12 hours ago, 251Nick said:

Same problem I am locked out also.  

Username: Admin

Password: Password 

Don't works for me.

Lower case please: password

11 hours ago, Snoogins_666 said:

Same here done the update and asked me to authenticate again when opened chrome to access router. Same user and password as before admin and password. 

Won't sign in at all now. Tried on multiple devices to.sign in. None work. 

Did you manually set your own login up? If not, it always defaults to admin and password (and type this in English)

If you can't get it to work, take a small object like a pen and push the reset button down at the back. Hold it down until the lights beep and then wait for the R1 to complete the factory reset. You can then access it again with the default admin and password

 

9 hours ago, j.corona1999 said:

I'm also having this authorization issue. Admin and password doesn't seem to work. Help!

 

9 hours ago, j.corona1999 said:

Nvm it's admin and password no upper case 

You got it!

 

9 hours ago, Cleatus said:

Not sure if it was the Update or coincidence, but after being on this update for an hour or two, I started getting disconnects and noticed that the POE/WAN port would show disconnected for a few seconds and then come back up. First I turned off Anti Bufferbloat since that's what I was tweaking at the time and it seemed like it got better. Then the issue started to come back. Now I can't get it to stay up for more than a few seconds.

I've tried reverting back to the First DumaOS (dumaos-2.1.2.10) and then went back to R1-v-1-03-6j. Reverted back to Factory Settings. Every once and a while I'll see it come up and then go back down. I've also tried different cables, and plugged the WAN port into different ports on a Switch. Still no luck.

That is almost certainly a coincidence - or at least it's not firmware related. Especially if you've cycled through different firmwares. It sounds like your modem may be messing up - perhaps try connecting to it directly and see if you get any drop outs through it.

If the issue continues, please create a separate topic so we can help you there. It will just get buried in here.

9 hours ago, Matthew_D said:

I can't even get on the website to even upgrade the r1. i type in the ip but it won't load. 

Is this the first time you have upgraded to it? Please create a separate topic so we can help you there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SturdyFugur said:

Nice that it wasn't a long wait for the new milestone to come out.

Factory reset doesn't re-enable broadcasting SSID, so if anyone had it hidden with a different name, and then resets, it'll be back to Netduma R1 and still hidden.

Client/Server tick rates added is nice, but with xbox as my example, not the best. would be nice if it locked down to just the listed dedi server or had some way of selecting it.

Can we get a confirmation on how the client/server tick rates are being calculated?

 

Quick observation using bo4 blackout shows a high server tick rate, and then as players disconnect/not nearby anymore, the server tick rate finally displays near enough to what the server is sending. auto ping window was showing around 30 for the server, but it still 20pps from it and then 10pps of noise from other clients added to it most likely since on xbox you connect/are connected to by other players (same for sending too, 60pps to the server, the rest to the other players)

Hi there - thanks for the nice words. Not sure if I'm covering all your points here, but I'll do my best:

  1. Good to know on factory reset. That might be deliberate, but I'll share with the devs as that could cause problems in the future
  2. Auto-Ping will ping the dedicated server hosting your game. So it should quickly lock down onto it when you're playing a game. Are you finding it's changing?
  3. We'll write an article on it 
  4. That's correct - tick rate is higher when players are nearby. That's good to know, we'll investigate

Thanks again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have downloaded the dumaos.sig file but its just not doing anything. The white lines under the upgrade button are moving but its been 10 minutes and still nothing. Have tried it 3 times. Any help would be appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Palla - could you wait another 15 minutes, then power the router off (pull the power out) and then put it back in again. See if it then works please.

If not, try factory resetting and try again. You do this by clicking the i in the top right corner, then choosing factory reset.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm signed up for the beta and have installed R1 v2.1.2.10 from the original open beta notification email, but I haven't had any email notifications about how to download the 1.3 milestone. Should I have received the email by now? How can I download the update if I don't have the email or how can I get the email resent?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You should have gotten an email please check your spam/junk folders

Thanks for quick response. I have checked span/junk/promotions etc. I've received other emails from netduma but nothing about the 1.3 milestone. I only registered for the beta today, so I will not have been on the list when the email was originally sent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×