NEW FIRMWARE OUT (Netduma R1): DumaOS Development Milestone 1.3

Netduma Luke

Thats great Netduma but a potential security threat (DnsMasq heap buffer overflow vulnerability) has still not been fixed with this firmware update. Can you shed some light on this issue please as i have not heard a resolution on this subject for nearly 2 weeks now.

Maybe I misread/misunderstood the original post but I assumed there was something new about it that warrants it being referred to as "v2. That ping filter you screen captured was on my old R1 OS. Nothing new there. Oh well works fine so far so can't complain.

I'm happy for the people with the netduma R1 and hope it all works out for you guys without many problems but at the same time as a XR500 user I feel rather let down as someone who bought into the netduma ecosystem thinking i was going to be treated the same as everyone else within the duma army

first we get the release of the XR700 within such a small time frame after the release of the xr500 and now this i feel we are at the back of the que when it comes to getting fixes/updates/enhancements to our Duma os

I know nothing can be done at this point for the XR500 owners I know you guys work really hard and have obligations to Netgear but it just sucks to be not able to be going on this journey together

5 hours ago, Mement said:

I'm happy for the people with the netduma R1 and hope it all works out for you guys without many problems but at the same time as a XR500 user I feel rather let down as someone who bought into the netduma ecosystem thinking i was going to be treated the same as everyone else within the duma army

first we get the release of the XR700 within such a small time frame after the release of the xr500 and now this i feel we are at the back of the que when it comes to getting fixes/updates/enhancements to our Duma os

I know nothing can be done at this point for the XR500 owners I know you guys work really hard and have obligations to Netgear but it just sucks to be not able to be going on this journey together

I feel you man. It's the same old iOS vs Android dilemma and I usually end up getting the shaft on that one since I'm an Android user and iOS seems to get everything first. Hopefully won't be too long for Netgear to approve it. For what it's worth I'd still rather be in your spot, you have a much more powerful router there my man. I'm surprised this MicroTik thing can even handle an OS this beefy but so far it's been pretty decent.

• Netduma Admin changed the title to NEW FIRMWARE OUT (Netduma R1): DumaOS Development Milestone 1.3
  • Netduma Admin pinned and featured this topic
  • Administrators
13 hours ago, dav581005 said:

Thanks duma team is the cloud update ready too?

Working on it right now!

13 hours ago, josh200505 said:

If I have dumaos on the R1 already..do I need to subscribe again? or you guys will send the next link?

No, you do not. You should have received an email. Let us know if you cannot see it (again, check spam / Promotions folders etc)

12 hours ago, infernomachine said:

not getting my full speeds with this update any ideas?

Literally touched nothing in the speeds area. So if you had high speeds before, it could just be your ISP. Check again and if it's still not where you expect it to be, follow this guide: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000076586-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-speeds

11 hours ago, Joe Towns said:

If I haven't installed a previous version of DumaOS, can I upgrade directly to milestone 1.3? Currently on 1.3.6h.

Yes you can, so long as you are on 1.03.6 (which you are)

10 hours ago, Knomax said:

I installed it and works pretty well in BO4....really good connection..with low ping...One question...in Auto ping..client side which is us it must be higher number above host to have good connection?Please make a topic explaning these values to understand it better.

Ok, we will make a topic today explaining each metric. But you can also click on the '?' icon in the corner of the panel for a bit more information

7 hours ago, nightstorm said:

Maybe I misread/misunderstood the original post but I assumed there was something new about it that warrants it being referred to as "v2. That ping filter you screen captured was on my old R1 OS. Nothing new there. Oh well works fine so far so can't complain.

We're calling it 'v2' because compared to the original R1 it is far more effective. But in your DumaOS - it is shown as 'Ping Assist' (which you can find in the Options Menu for Geo-Filter Map

7 hours ago, Mement said:

Understand your frustration but I'm very confident you will be on this journey - NETGEAR will announce more soon when they can

1 hour ago, Thebluecat said:

Is there somewhere to sign up for this for xr500

and is it likely to happen this century

NETGEAR will announce when they can - and major upgrades are usually pushed automatically but you can also check here: https://www.netgear.com/support/product/XR500.aspx#download

13 minutes ago, Netduma Admin said:

Travailler dessus maintenant!

Non, vous pas. Vous devriez avoir reçu un email. Faites-nous savoir si vous ne pouvez pas le voir (encore une fois, vérifiez les dossiers spam / Promotions, etc.)

Littéralement touché rien dans le domaine des vitesses. Donc, si vous aviez des vitesses élevées auparavant, il pourrait simplement s'agir de votre fournisseur de services Internet. Vérifiez à nouveau et si ce n'est pas encore ce que vous espérez, suivez ce guide:  http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000076586-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-speeds

Oui, vous pouvez, tant que vous êtes sur 1.03.6 (ce que vous êtes)

Ok, nous allons faire un sujet aujourd'hui expliquant chaque métrique. Mais vous pouvez aussi cliquer sur le "?" icône dans le coin du panneau pour un peu plus d'informations

Nous l'appelons 'v2' car, comparé à la R1 d'origine, il est beaucoup plus efficace. Mais dans votre DumaOS - il s’affiche sous le nom de "Ping Assist" (que vous pouvez trouver dans le menu Options pour Geo-Filter Map

Comprenez votre frustration, mais je suis persuadé que vous serez sur la bonne voie. NETGEAR en annoncera plus dès que possible.

NETGEAR annoncera quand cela sera possible - et les mises à niveau majeures sont généralement envoyées automatiquement, mais vous pouvez également vérifier ici:  https://www.netgear.com/support/product/XR500.aspx#download

bonjour admin

si j'utilise ping assist, puis je cocher auto ping host simultanément ?

merci

Congratulation for launching this amazing update at last. I can already tell everyone who have R1 will have better gaming experience now. And  for someone who have a netgear  xr500 I'm really unhappy.  Now im wondering how long we all  going to take to get this amazing update aswell. I wish netgear let you guys handle duma os features update :(

You say that new OS is coming to the XR500/700. Does this include the XR450 as well? Please don't forget about us 450 users. 🤔

18 hours ago, Netduma Luke said:

Last month we introduced DumaOS Milestone 1.3We are happy to announce that it is now available for all Netduma R1 users. Everyone who has signed up to the Open Beta of DumaOS will have received an email with the firmware link and installation instructions.

If you have not signed up to the Open Beta yet, please go here: https://netduma.com/r1-dumaos/

Nighthawk XR500/XR700 users: stay tuned for an announcement on when this will be available on your router.

This milestone includes:

• Ping Assist v2it's back and it’s better than ever. Ping Assist lets low ping hosts to connect to you even if they are outside your Geo-Filter limit, helping you to quickly find high quality, low ping games. 
  • Hybrid VPNapply your VPN to your entire network and also choose the devices and applications you want to put through your VPN using DumaOS Deep Packet Inspection.
  • Advanced Ping Stats: see the Server (Host) Tickrate and Receive Rate, as well as your own Client Tickrate and Send Rate. This allows you to see the quality of your game's connection in far more detail than ever before.
  • Device Manager Enhancements: shows every device on your Network and you can now view this as a sortable table, to give you easier administration.

This is the first of many DumaOS milestones which we will continue to roll out to make your router even more powerful.

Have fun.

The ND Team

image.png