Party members freeze or booted

DJ*

Hi,  First of all am loving the Netduma R1 and the geolocation filter is just what I was after.

I tend to play COD AW with a few friends and obviosuly the filtering only works when you are the party leader..fine.  but the problem I'm getting is that it keeps booting certain members out the party when we enter a game or it makes their game screen freeze more often than not.  Anyone have an idea why this is occuring? 

Also, I cant seem to get an open NAT in game anymore [it's moderate], which is not allowing friends with a moderate NAT to join.. any ideas?

Thanks all.

Guest Netduma Fraser

Hi,  First of all am loving the Netduma R1 and the geolocation filter is just what I was after.

I tend to play COD AW with a few friends and obviosuly the filtering only works when you are the party leader..fine.  but the problem I'm getting is that it keeps booting certain members out the party when we enter a game or it makes their game screen freeze more often than not.  Anyone have an idea why this is occuring? 

Also, I cant seem to get an open NAT in game anymore [it's moderate], which is not allowing friends with a moderate NAT to join.. any ideas?

Thanks all.

Do your Geo-filter distance encompass all of the members of your party? Have you added them all to your allow list? Also our new upgrade which will be out soon may help with this. The NAT could be a false positive. Do you have the R1 in your ISPs routers DMZ? Or do you have modem mode enabled? 

Thanks all.

Do you have more than one console in your house?

If so maybe setup DHCP Lease and then Port Forward.

Thanks for the quick reply..

The router is currently in the DMZ of my ISPs modem router.  I've not figured out how to add my friends to an allow list so will need to do that, assume its covered somewhere on the forum already?

All members were from the UK.  I'm not sure what dictates the players location and haven't a clue if any of them were on a VNn or a U.S. DNS for example.

The game states moderate but I've just performed a PS4 connection test and the NAT Type states 'Failed'..? 

Guest Netduma Fraser

Thanks for the quick reply..

The router is currently in the DMZ of my ISPs modem router.  I've not figured out how to add my friends to an allow list so will need to do that, assume its covered somewhere on the forum already?

All members were from the UK.  I'm not sure what dictates the players location and haven't a clue if any of them were on a VNn or a U.S. DNS for example.

The game states moderate but I've just performed a PS4 connection test and the NAT Type states 'Failed'..? 

The easiest way would be to have them join your lobby one by one and click on the circle that will appear inside your Geo-filter and then name them and rate them highly.

Is your PS4 connected by ethernet?

Guest Netduma Fraser

Thanks I'll try that.  yes connected by ethernet but still a 'failed' NAT.

I'd recommend turning off the PS4, turn off the R1, turn off your modem, wait 30 seconds or so then turn on the modem. Wait 30secs or turn on the R1 disable geofilter and then turn on PS4 and the NAT test again.

Guest Netduma Fraser

Thanks Fraser, I did as you advised and also forwarded all ports TCP & UDP on the PS4 and now I'm getting a type 2 NAT! :D

Just need to try and get the in game NAT to Open as it's still moderate.

Yay progress :D If you turn off the Geo-filter turn off the PS4 then turn on the PS4 then see what the NAT is, if its open then when the Geo-filter is on and it says moderate its just a false reading and is actually open.

Do your Geo-filter distance encompass all of the members of your party? Have you added them all to your allow list? Also our new upgrade which will be out soon may help with this. The NAT could be a false positive. Do you have the R1 in your ISPs routers DMZ? Or do you have modem mode enabled? 

How do you add members to the allow list? I'm dumber the older I get.

Guest Netduma Luke

How do you add members to the allow list? I'm dumber the older I get.

I know the feeling!

Your friend will appear as a circle on your map when you're in a lobby with them.  Click on their circle once and scroll down below the map.

You will see a distance in km which is the approximate distance between you and your friend (you can also ping them).

In the 'Handle' field put your friend's name.

Now drag the '0.00%' rectangle all the way to the right to 100%

Click 'Update'

And that's it, they're now white listed. You can see them as a small circle on your Allow & Deny section at the bottom of the host filtering screen.

This will now mean you can always connect to them, regardless of your geo-filter.

Archived