Xr500 or xr700? Which to choose?

Hi all, im bit confuse to buy xr500 or xr700, i read all specification already. But what i expect  from xr700 which  xr500 isnt having? Few more question:-

1) does i get low ping on wifi connection too? Like playing on phone (pubg)?

2) I'm using a cheap moden under 30$( by internet provider)  and i get 50to80ms in pubg on phone, what i expect from 290$ xr500 and other from rx700? And my connection  is 300mbps downloading and 25mpbs uploading speed

3) geo filter work on phone games too? Or pc games with wires connection? 

4)  do i need modem or doesn't?

• Administrators

Hi there

The WiFi is very powerful on both, so you should get great coverage and speed throughout your home. This will help a lot vs a standard router when gaming wirelessly.

Bandwidth speeds are not that important for games (they only use max 1mbps). Your Ping in PUBG is most likely due to the server you are playing on. But having great wireless will make sure that WiFi issues are much less likely to cause you to lag. 

Geo-Filter works on mobile too - it just depends on the game.

You will still need your modem. You just connect your router to your modem.

For a more general discussion, see this thread: 

• Administrators

Do you mean a fibre connection? You will need a modem for this, but it should come from your internet provider. 

If yiure looking king for a new modem, then most modems work fine. There’s a community thread here discussing the best:

Hi agian, i got my xr500 today.  All thing work well.. but geo filter doesnt show any local sever..i select my device(which is my phone s9+samsung) then i select game fornite pubg..   and use geo filter for 200km (after selecting  my country). No sever has shown :(.. i did it with battleground  and other game nothing shown :( and i search on youtube no vedio abt it.. help:(  before i got 50to80 ms now in pubg mobile  i get 40to70ms ... 😕 i thought i will be 20ms 

• Netduma Staff
1 hour ago, Jatt said:

Hi agian, i got my xr500 today.  All thing work well.. but geo filter doesnt show any local sever..i select my device(which is my phone s9+samsung) then i select game fornite pubg..   and use geo filter for 200km (after selecting  my country). No sever has shown :(.. i did it with battleground  and other game nothing shown :( and i search on youtube no vedio abt it.. help:(

Try this: in the device manager, click on your phone and set is as a console instead. Setting it up as a PlayStation or Xbox should trick the Geo-Filter into believing it's one of those devices, and the Geo-Filter might work with it as a result. (You'd have to remove it and re-add it to the Geo-Filter when you do this).

We haven't tested Fortnite Mobile with the Geo-Filter that thoroughly so you'll have to let us know how you get on. The Geo-Filter is mainly built for console / PC matchmaking games.

Hi, i did tht no result :( .. why my ping  up ? Still 40 to 70ms ... i use ping potter    beginning  with 12 to 25ms ... with in minutes  its go to 30 to 40ms , i dont why  sometimes its constant to 20 ms or so

• Administrators

For a start your Geo-Filter radius is way too restrictive, you also may be too zoomed into the map. What country do you live in? It might be that there is not a server within your country which means that we could force you the closest one but it might not be 20ms. Also have you setup QoS yet? If not and you have other people using your connection that will negatively impact your ping. Setup QoS with Anti-Bufferbloat set to Always and with 70% on both download and upload sliders.

Hi bro, i did all  anti bufferbloat on always, qos too ,70%.   i live in india, im only person using internet,100mpbs plan,  my frd got 25to30 ms on phone on his network  , plus some youtuber play on 20ms 😕 ... i try locate  sever i cant find even in  other country, im playing  game on phone , even though  i choose as console like other  person said in comment ,  plus i choose battleground  and i still cant find sever of tht game in worls geo filter radius is 5000 plus  or i have to download  game 1st to check geo filter sever?.

• Administrators

Okay well that will be the issue, I don't believe they have a server in India so it sounds like you're probably getting the best ping available. Your base ping is 12-25ms which means your game ping will be on top of that so they likely have a lower base ping. What do you mean by download game first?

Hmmm ty.. does this  work with  mobile games too?   Im playing pubg on phone.. i try this  while  open game in phone doesnt work ...  when i click( profiles)on geo filter with no matter how much radius (111km or4200km) it automatically make radius to 6000plus km  is this a glitch?

1 more thing if i use  filtering mode i got 300plus ms and in speculating  mode i get 40plus ms why? Filtering mode meant to less my ping( i try with all radius 111,500,1000,2000,3000).

• Netduma Staff
7 hours ago, Jatt said:

Hmmm ty.. does this  work with  mobile games too?   Im playing pubg on phone.. i try this  while  open game in phone doesnt work ...  when i click( profiles)on geo filter with no matter how much radius (111km or4200km) it automatically make radius to 6000plus km  is this a glitch?

1 more thing if i use  filtering mode i got 300plus ms and in speculating  mode i get 40plus ms why? Filtering mode meant to less my ping( i try with all radius 111,500,1000,2000,3000).

You should go to the Device Manager and click on your phone, then set it as a console. Doing this could allow you to use the Geo-Filter with it. (After doing this, remove your phone from the Geo-Filter then add it again).

In Spectating Mode, no filtering is happening. It's possible you could get that 300ms+ server on Spectating Mode, you just got lucky with 40ms. PUBG is tricky to use the Geo-Filter with anyway, but try a radius of 2000km and Strict Mode on.

Set phone as console (xbox)

Re add phone ( set as console) in geo filter

Antibufferbloat  always

I did above all  still no result..  any point im missing?

Do i have to click on cloud in geo filter?

I m not at home  ryt now.. i will try restart router after these setting  and make sure 200 radius... 

I will update if it work ...ty for your support 

Edited by Jatt

Hi its really confusing me i did what you said.

2000 radius, console, qos anti bantibufferbloat uffer and filtering mode... 

Whats really crazy when i use filtering mode i got 350plus ms and when i use speculating  mode i got 30 to 60ms... is something wrong with software  😕

• Netduma Staff
1 hour ago, Jatt said:

Hi its really confusing me i did what you said.

2000 radius, console, qos anti bantibufferbloat uffer and filtering mode... 

Whats really crazy when i use filtering mode i got 350plus ms and when i use speculating  mode i got 30 to 60ms... is something wrong with software  😕

With Filtering Mode on, do you find a game? Are you able to connect? Tick 'Auto Ping Host' and see what your ping is using that. With Strict Mode on it won't be possible for the game to host you outside your radius. Is this ping reading shown on DumaOS itself?

Hi again..  i reset my router,  did all setting again and this time  geo filter shows me sever. But only 4 host china, europe. America and South  america, no other host. 

Nearest host from china shows 173 to 175ms (in geofilter ping option)... but on mobile  pubg asia sever show 40 to60 ms and while playing pubg on mobile it remains and constant between 40to 60ms ... i think something geo filter isnt picking up

Can u guys find any other solution? If its possible.

Two more question:-

What is FLUSH CLOUD? 

And when i  selected profiles option in geo filter  it says unreal engine (pubg fornite) what's unreal engine means here? 

I am happy with router all over performance  but ms is my main concern:(

• Administrators

The server location where you're getting the low ping is that where you've set your home location to on the map and put your radius just around this location? If not you need to do that and thats where you'll be going wrong.

Flush cloud reloads the Geo-Filter database.

Unreal Engine is just the game engine that the game was made using

I live in india  and i closet sever or host  it show  from china no sever shown in india so i try two way none effective:-

1) before i use india location and put 4200 radius where i get china host (closet one)... still get 40 to60ms.

2) today i use china as location where the host show and i get 110 to 120ms in game and  on geo filter ping show 230 to 240ms. Why both geo filter and while playing game ping doesnt match?

Bro does it work on pubg mobile or im just wasting mine and your time? Can you test it yourself and see if it work on pubg mobile ? Cuz im losing hope now :(

Hi bro here  screen shot and details 

1) I set my phone as console in device manger (xbox one  or ps4, i tried both lsame result) 

2) filtering mode on  and qos 70 %  (always antibufferbloat)

1st screenshot from my mobile, on asia sever it shows 54ms. With or without filtering mode on  i get same ms on wifi and  on mobile 4g network  i get 60to80ms.(expect set location as china)

I try to change  few things in geo filter and there result:-

1) Selecting india(north india where i lives) and set radius 500km, i get 40to70ms in game even no sever or host shown in radius.

When i select 4200km radius to get china sever from india location. ping show  in geo filter is180ms but when i play game i get 40to70ms even if i allow or not or deny this ping.

2)I am also try to set my location in china where sever is shown put location on same point, radius2000km or change to any number, then ping shows 180ms but when i play game i get 300to400ms even if i allow this ping

Can you please tell me if i miss any point? If not,can you try to find any other method?  Or can you make a small video about it? Like you made vedio on youtube getting low ping using xr500

Screenshot_20181117-200503_PUBG MOBILE.jpg

Screenshot (6).png

• Administrators

I think I see the issue, there is only one server per region on mobile. As you're able to select the region in game there is no need for you to use the Geo-Filter to filter as it will put you on the server region you select in game

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, Jatt said:

Mean i hv no luck:/ .. howcome i get 50ms in game  then if sever from China  show 180ms in geo filter ?

It's probably mislocated on the Geo-Filter so it's pinging a different server. If the game says 50 then thats great!