Struggling to figure it out

Good evening all,

I am struggling so much to get this router working correctly. I found the updated dumaOS firmware weird and wouldn't work at all so i downgraded to the stock firmware. I managed to get everything set up and working but my geo filter doesn't work. it works in reverse, when i have my geo-filter disabled it finds servers and hosts and i can connect to matches but when i have it on i can't find any hosts or connect to matches.

Anyone got any ideas?

• Administrators

Hi Dave - the Geo-Filter is designed to BLOCK other players and servers that are outside of your range. If you have the radius too small, then it will block everything and you won't be able to get a game.

So I recommend you set a range of about 1000km - 2000km from your home. That should then be the right amount.

Try that and see if it works. If not, could you take a screenshot of your Geo-Filter page and we can help you more.

Finally, I would seriously consider upgrading back to DumaOS. It's much more user-friendly and these guides walk you through each feature: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000076586-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-speeds

I have mine set at 2000km.

When i had dumaos on I couldn't get it to work at all.

So now that I have it disabled it finds servers within my radius but when i enable it they disappear. I have used xbox live for my pc as I read that it uses the same ports.

When I used DumaOS I was using Unreal Engine because that's what Street fighter runs on but it wouldn't work at all. The link you've sent me is for speeds, speed wasn't the problem, it's actually getting the filter to work that is the mystery.

image.png

image.png

• Netduma Staff

Hi Dave - I reckon Admin probably send you the wrong guide; it was likely meant to be this Geo-Filter one: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000077072-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-geo-filter-setup-step-2-

And just to clarify - you're playing SFV still while you're trying to get it working right?

It's worth saying that SFV functions differently to games like CoD, and the results show on the Geo-Filter. SFV is similar to Fifa, in that you're connecting to only one other player. The two of you are hosted on a Dedicated Server. This means that the objective really is to get the closest Dedicated Server (since you can't explicitly filter the opponent).

With that being said, in SFV it's likely you won't see much 'action' on the Geo-Filter. You'll see the odd server getting blocked but that's about it.

If you can't connect at all with the Geo-Filter enabled then it must be blocking something vital for the game to function. I would recommend using the Allow feature to add any servers you see getting blocked. It could be trial and error, but if you find out which item on the map you need to allow in order to get games you shouldn't have any more issues. I hope this helps for now!

• Administrators

Hi Dave - I think you probably solved this, but you don't want to use Unreal Engine for SFV. This is why you can't see the connections.

I recommend you do this instead:

1. Go to Device Manager
  2. Click on your PC and change its type to a PS4
  3. Go back to the Geo-Filter and then delete any devices from the top Device panel
  4. Add your PC again - it should now enter immediately without asking you to choose a service

You're now setup to Geo-Filter. I recommend you set a range of about 2000km and start searching for a game. Look where your opponent is located on the map and wait for the Geo-Filter to start pinging them. If the ping is below 50ms it's a good connection, so should play very well.

• Administrators

Are you seeing players on the Geo-Filter? And could you screenshot your Geo-Filter page and post it here please - will help us spot an incorrect setting.

Thanks.

So i have finally managed to get a match but it was utterly horrendous lag. This same thing was happening when i managed to get it working on the old firmware.
I had to allow a particular server and it started match making for me.

Now that i have filtered mode on, it's finding no matches.

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Administrators

Thanks for the screenshots. In the second one, where you have pinged the server, where is is located? I assume West Coast USA so the ping would have been terrible.

Can you select your mathcmaking region within the game itself? Often you can do this on PC games, but not sure about SFV. It's crazy if they're giving you a West Coast US server otherwise!

• Administrators

My current thinking is that West Coast server isn't actually used to host your game. It's actually something called an 'authentication server', which you need to connect to in order to start the game up and get online.

Could you try this please: launch the game in spectating mode. Once you're sat in the lobby, ready to search for a game, go back to filtering mode.

Do you get a game then?

If not, then screwed may be the result, but seems odd as I thought SFV was peer to peer (meaning no dedicated servers are used, either you or your opponent host the game)

• Administrators

When you allow a connection, you are allowing just that IP address. The server area there will have a whole bunch of IP addresses within the region. So you'd have to manually allow each one.

Best thing to do is launch the game in spectating mode for now. Then switch to filtering mode. Hope PS4 works out better for you - let us know the results.