Please Their must be a way to work out these Current Problems

Mement

1. Give these guys their cloud update fix for call of duty 4 its been just over 3 weeks now since the black ops cloud thread was started by fraser detailing their was a problem with misallocated servers there is also thread after thread about people struggling to use their filter and find local games Black Ops 4 frustrating enough with treyarchs netcode at the moment without this problem adding to it at least Give them a timeframe in which this will be sorted

2. Give a timeframe of when the ping assist feature is going to be released rather than just saying soon (Actually just say it going to be released in the next month, 2 months 3 it sure is keeping people in the dark I'm not sure what agreement you have with netgear but if id of put my software on some other firms routers I would have made sure I still had rights to disclose information about my software and it being updated promptly where needed for the benefit of my paying customers and users of my OS

3. Make sure you let all the netduma R1 customers of these issues currently with Duma OS before they upgrade

4. Finally please make 2 separate specific forums for duma os on netgear and one for the R1 (The forums are so misleading right now with R1 owners answeing xr500 owners and vice versa)

I will apologise in advance for this post my intention is not to irritate or upset anyone but the more i read the forum lately the more disheartened i become

As a long term Sufferer of mental illness gaming for me used to be my relief especially on the darkest of days and now its just not that fun anymore and thats not just one persons fault thats just the gaming industry as a whole

27 minutes ago, Mement said:

1. Give these guys their cloud update fix for call of duty 4 its been just over 3 weeks now since the black ops cloud thread was started by fraser detailing their was a problem with misallocated servers there is also thread after thread about people struggling to use their filter and find local games Black Ops 4 frustrating enough with treyarchs netcode at the moment without this problem adding to it at least Give them a timeframe in which this will be sorted

2. Give a timeframe of when the ping assist feature is going to be released rather than just saying soon (Actually just say it going to be released in the next month, 2 months 3 it sure is keeping people in the dark I'm not sure what agreement you have with netgear but if id of put my software on some other firms routers I would have made sure I still had rights to disclose information about my software and it being updated promptly where needed for the benefit of my paying customers and users of my OS

3. Make sure you let all the netduma R1 customers of these issues currently with Duma OS before they upgrade

4. Finally please make 2 separate specific forums for duma os on netgear and one for the R1 (The forums are so misleading right now with R1 owners answeing xr500 owners and vice versa)

I will apologise in advance for this post my intention is not to irritate or upset anyone but the more i read the forum lately the more disheartened i become

As a long term Sufferer of mental illness gaming for me used to be my relief especially on the darkest of days and now its just not that fun anymore and thats not just one persons fault thats just the gaming industry as a whole

1. They are trying to gather as much data as possible before updating the cloud. Yes it’s frustrating but the more data that can be collected the better it will be for all of us in the long run.

2. Netduma have already said that they won’t give out timelines anymore and as frustrating as it might be it’s less frustrating than being given a timeline that ends up being missed. The milestone announcements will keep everyone informed as to what the upcoming features are.

3. There is a known issues thread here:

4. There are already separate sub-forums for both R1 DumaOS and Netgear DumaOS.

1 hour ago, pollutionblues said:

1. They are trying to gather as much data as possible before updating the cloud. Yes it’s frustrating but the more data that can be collected the better it will be for all of us in the long run.

2. Netduma have already said that they won’t give out timelines anymore and as frustrating as it might be it’s less frustrating than being given a timeline that ends up being missed. The milestone announcements will keep everyone informed as to what the upcoming features are.

3. There is a known issues thread here:

4. There are already separate sub-forums for both R1 DumaOS and Netgear DumaOS.

sorry bud but i think people are looking for a bit more than generic answers

1. its been 3 weeks so far I'm sure it doesn't take that long to to relocate a few AWS server cluster addresses in their cloud database theres not actually that many dedicated servers that is associated with black ops 4 it not like they have to rewrite their software is it Hence this is why it is is called a database to be able to adjust a set of data on the fly a lot eisier

2. still doesn't answer my original question

3. that link you sent i didn't notice that but ill check it out (im personally a xr500 user) doesn't seem a lot of R1 users saw that either hence my questioning with number 4 the forum being a bit more specific in general

Edited by Mement
just to add to number 3.that link you sent doesn't actually mention cloud/filter problem either

• Netduma Staff
13 hours ago, Mement said:

sorry bud but i think people are looking for a bit more than generic answers

1. its been 3 weeks so far I'm sure it doesn't take that long to to relocate a few AWS server cluster addresses in their cloud database theres not actually that many dedicated servers that is associated with black ops 4 it not like they have to rewrite their software is it Hence this is why it is is called a database to be able to adjust a set of data on the fly a lot eisier

2. still doesn't answer my original question

3. that link you sent i didn't notice that but ill check it out (im personally a xr500 user) doesn't seem a lot of R1 users saw that either hence my questioning with number 4 the forum being a bit more specific in general

1; I wish the cloud was as simple as you guys believe it is, but it's an extremely complex piece of work. If something breaks in the cloud, it immediately affects every Netduma user on the planet. In the past, cloud issues have even prevented the Geo-Filter page from loading until we rolled out a fix. It's not a case of just tweaking a server here or there - the more we fiddle with the cloud the more we risk ruining everyone's experience. That's why we're putting so much time into just one major cloud update to address these issues and test the new cloud version.

2; We're explicit about no longer giving time frames on new features. Our features are being released free of charge, so tying ourselves down with deadlines makes no sense. It builds expectations, and if for any reason the launch date can't be met then the backlash is furious. We know first-hand, and we're eager to avoid repeating that mistake.

3; That's quite unrealistic - new issues are found and resolved all the time. We spent a long time building the ability to downgrade DumaOS easily for this reason - if you're unhappy when you upgrade you can always downgrade and wait for improvements.

4; There are already separate forums areas for XR500 and R1 users - in my experience there's very little overlap and most people know where to post. It's a massive improvement on how it used to be laid out.

I hope this helps to clarify your points :D

On 11/9/2018 at 11:13 AM, Netduma Jack said:

1; I wish the cloud was as simple as you guys believe it is, but it's an extremely complex piece of work. If something breaks in the cloud, it immediately affects every Netduma user on the planet. In the past, cloud issues have even prevented the Geo-Filter page from loading until we rolled out a fix. It's not a case of just tweaking a server here or there - the more we fiddle with the cloud the more we risk ruining everyone's experience. That's why we're putting so much time into just one major cloud update to address these issues and test the new cloud version.

2; We're explicit about no longer giving time frames on new features. Our features are being released free of charge, so tying ourselves down with deadlines makes no sense. It builds expectations, and if for any reason the launch date can't be met then the backlash is furious. We know first-hand, and we're eager to avoid repeating that mistake.

3; That's quite unrealistic - new issues are found and resolved all the time. We spent a long time building the ability to downgrade DumaOS easily for this reason - if you're unhappy when you upgrade you can always downgrade and wait for improvements.

4; There are already separate forums areas for XR500 and R1 users - in my experience there's very little overlap and most people know where to post. It's a massive improvement on how it used to be laid out.

I hope this helps to clarify your points :D

I don't believe its simple at all working with databases I understand how much of a headache it can be

The last thing i did with a database was to input roughly 4000 metadata entries over a week an that was thoroughly taxing to say the least i had to lay down for a few days with the wife spoon feeding me what I'm saying is can we at least get a timeframe  with the cloud update and ping assist (see under)

think about it like this if your not willing to give us an exact date double it then give us that date instead if it gets finished and released on the first date like a month earlier than u told us then you guys look like superheroes if not you got an extra month without guys like me moaning cmon give us some hope

Regarding the r1 its not unrealistic at all I said current issues not the ones that haven't happened yet?

Regarding the forums I'm not sure what the old forum was like which may be a good thing but at least changed the colour/format on pinned/important posts 

• Administrators
23 hours ago, Mement said:

I don't believe its simple at all working with databases I understand how much of a headache it can be

The last thing i did with a database was to input roughly 4000 metadata entries over a week an that was thoroughly taxing to say the least i had to lay down for a few days with the wife spoon feeding me what I'm saying is can we at least get a timeframe  with the cloud update and ping assist (see under)

think about it like this if your not willing to give us an exact date double it then give us that date instead if it gets finished and released on the first date like a month earlier than u told us then you guys look like superheroes if not you got an extra month without guys like me moaning cmon give us some hope

Regarding the r1 its not unrealistic at all I said current issues not the ones that haven't happened yet?

Regarding the forums I'm not sure what the old forum was like which may be a good thing but at least changed the colour/format on pinned/important posts 

Ok - thanks for the feedback. We're looking to streamline the entire Cloud update process to make them more frequent and potentially more dynamic. We'll announce more on this when we can.